2nd grow 1st indoor in the closet

If you want to do any low stress training now is the time. Four weeks is typical prime time for autos to start their flower cycle. Otherwise, let her go and see how she grows.

1 Like

I agree she is getting close to popping those flowers. I did purchase some fuzzy pipe cleaners just incase I get the urge to LST but my plan is to let her go wild and tuck a leaf as needed. I guess that’s SLST super low stress training :laughing:

2 Likes

If i wouldnt have performed and stayed on top of the lst she would be 26in tall by now…lol

1 Like

@GreggT @beachglass @Bonjoyle @Bobcaat @Alpha972 @Fiz

Is it normal for my light driver to get hot I’m talking 100 degrees didn’t notice it until last night when I checked the closet was 80 degrees, I turned off the heat pads I had wrapped around the pot, lowered the fan to hit the light and turned the light down to about 80/85 percent so then had to lower it to get my DLI at 50. Today’s temp is 75. Sent Mars an email but still waiting.

1 Like

Damn bro never seen it…hope u get it resolved man

1 Like

So far so good with the fan hitting just below the light will see what happens tonight at end of light cycle :+1:

I know they get hot, but!!!???

1 Like

I have a Mars light. I don’t know how hot it gets but I moved the driver outside the tent to both free up a few inches in a 60 inch tent and to reduce the heat. It does get hot.

1 Like

I have never checked the temp on mine but since my tent temp has never gotten above 80ºF I would say it prolly doesn’t get that hot. I also have a small 4" fan dedicated to blowing on the driver. Not sure if I turned that off and waited and took a reading if it would be that hot but I will set a meter on it tonight and shut the fan off and see what I see.

I live in Denver and right now it is cold AF and I live in an old house built in the 50’s where the old airport used to be. Plaster walls and all that. Not very efficient. The added heat from the light helps keep the tent temp at 70-80 dependng on time of day/light cycle.

1 Like

I have a TS1000 which I used for my first grow and to start my second grow. It did get warm, but I don’t know if it was that high.

The driver is removable, you can place it outside the tent. The alternative is to do what I did - ran my lights at 18/6 but in this pattern: 6/2, 6/2, 6/2. Still getting your 18 hours of light in, but with it broken up to give time for things to cool down during the 2 hour dark cycles. This is fine for autos all the way through. (Photos have to go to 12/12, so there’s a different problem there!)

I have two 240 W lights with the drivers outside the tent and I can keep in the 80s easily.

2 Likes

Thanks and I do have another fan that I will probably need to use…

mine are autos so stay on 18/6 right

1 Like

Absolutely, and you can use that 6/2 schedule throughout.

1 Like

Yup mine too. Guess with my other factors it works in my favor. I also have 3 fans.

2 Likes

@beachglass @Bobcaat @Fiz @beardless @Alpha972 @GreggT

From Marshydro
“If it is Fahrenheit, this is normal, don’t worry, our products have good thermal conductivity.”

And she is finally showing signs of flowering good grief she is taking her sweet time :+1:

4 Likes

Wow, what a huge girl!!!

1 Like

And here I was getting notifications of how one year ago today, my 16 day old plant flowered at like 6 inches tall. :wink: ( Yield - 2.25 oz)

My last auto didn’t flower till day 44, grew into a ridiculous short beast, wider than she was tall. Harvested at day 129, yield - 8 oz.

Better late than early!

She looks great and you’ve got a nice start on a bunch of flowering tops.

1 Like

Oh and re: the temperatures. I have a sensor for a weather station that I hung so that it was around the height of the canopy. Temp directly at the driver (and above) will be higher than what you’ve got at the plant level. I also usually have a hygrometer on the bottom of the tent too. It’s not unusual to see a 20 degree difference from top to bottom.

I liked using the weather station b/c I could check her temp/humidity while I am sitting on my azz downstairs.

1 Like

I knew being in the closet was going to be a challenge but I accepted it and so far so good. I’ve learned it’s all about many variables to be successful, temperature, RH, watering and ventilation seems to be a big one.
Thanks for the help and I know I’ll be needing more from you and the others here.

1 Like

Hey @Sj2019 hey bro looking good im still waiting for my small girl to start flowering at 26 days above soil!!!
Heres the progress so far with the stages of lst!!!

Heres the big girl flowering 2 weeks already at 34 days above soil!!!

Excuse the runoff i vac it up as soon as i took the pic :100::100::100:

1 Like