2nd grow 1st indoor in the closet

@Bobcaat @Bonjoyle @beardless @Fiz @beachglass

I got the 2 pack of heating pads and wrapped the pot with them and wow they work really well. Almost 78 degrees in just a few hours.

Will this be too much? I will check again before lights out tonight

Also I’ve only been spraying her with water and since the initial drenching of the soil when I put it in the pot I’ve only added 2 quarts.

Should I start watering more or wait and see what these heating pads do to it in the morning. Maybe only use one pad ??? The pads are on the same timer as the light at this time, I think she looks very well

2 Likes

@Bobcaat @Bonjoyle @beardless @Fiz @beachglass

Also I have not been using the fan at all but just turned it on and the temp went down to almost 72.
Do I need the fan at this stage yet??

Hellraiser told me that you should always have ventilation running. So I always do. Input and outgo, keep the air moving.

78 degrees is fine - make sure you watch for water needs. She’ll evaporate faster.

Those heat mats are keeping your developing roots at a good temperature. At this stage, rapid and healthy root development is very important. She looks very healthy and with the extra warmth should start taking off soon.

2 Likes

Sounds awesome Thank you

2 Likes

@Fiz @beardless @Bobcaat @beachglass @Bonjoyle

She’s at 3 weeks today and IMO is looking marvelous. I raised the light to 15 inches but kept the DLI near 25. I tried pushing her at 12 inches with the light and raised the DLI to 30 a week ago but I don’t think she liked it hence raising the light and maintaining the DLI. I’ll go another week and try raising DLI to 30ish. She took 2 quarts of water yesterday as I was only giving her 1qt every 2 days. I know how important it is not to over water.

Question? When I water should I give enough to where it comes out the bottom of the pot then wait to dry out or what I’m doing by giving her a couple quarts as needed. I don’t want her roots to dry out right ???

Also should I have nutrients on stand by just incase ?
I’m in FFOF so is there any need for them I’ve read both no need and yes some growers use them.

3 Likes

She’s looking just great! Nice and healthy and growing well. By three weeks I normally have started pushing DLI up. This time, I had my light a bit too intense, and ended up with very very short node space, so it’s a balancing act. The short node space was a problem for me because she was so dang bushy it was really hard to see what was going on with cola growth.

As far as nutes go, I always have something on hand “in case”. This grow I used a bunch of mixed stuff I had lying about so did the nute - water - water schedule once she showed me she was getting hungry. Next grow is straight coco/perlite with autopots so they’ll be getting a steady stream of nutes.

Your girlie really has taken off very nicely!

2 Likes

She is looking good!!!

1 Like

Thank you how about my watering question?

1 Like

Sorry! Overlooked that one.

It’s best to water to 10% (approx) run off. In between, let her dry out considerably. They like the wet-dry cycle, which is pretty much what happens in nature.

In your case since you’re using a enriched soil, do keep the run off fairly light. No need to wash everything out of the pot.

1 Like

@Fiz
Here’s a side view

2 Likes

She looks great. If you plan to LST her, I’d be doing it right around now. Your RH could stand to be a wee bit higher for this age, but 48% shouldn’t do her any harm.

1 Like

I LSTed my 2019 out door plant and it worked wonders. I have no plans to do it this time however I am concerned about her getting to wide and getting outside the footprint of the light. Will that be an issue?
I was thinking I might have to cage/tie her up some how if it becomes an issue later on.

1 Like

They all pretty much get a bit wide, when that happens, raise your lamp and turn up the power. I used DLI of 50 - 60 while my girl was vegging, then back to 45 during early flower, and down to 35 - 40 during the last two weeks to help prevent Foxtailing.

1 Like

Awesome thanks

1 Like

The RH is low but not sure what I can do, the fan is on the lowest setting and I have it aimed up so it’s not hitting the plant or even the light. I’ll have to watch it and see how it goes

1 Like

I had to run a humidifier the whole grow until my girl got so big and bushy she made her own weather. But my RHs were dropping into the 20s. I wouldn’t worry much at 48%, since that’s a good RH for most stages of life.

1 Like

My $.02
I think a flat wide plant produces more good buds than a tall single stemmed plant. Also, with a tall plant everything at the bottom is starved for light. Keep the plant about 18x18 and it will do well.

2 Likes

@GreggT @beardless @beachglass @Fiz @Bobcaat @Bonjoyle

Hello all
She will be at 4 weeks tomorrow. I raised the light and raised the DLI to 50 at her top. Besides watering and watching her grow is there anything else for me to do.

Question, can I trim the big fan leaves out of the way of the possible looking flower sites ? I did tuck them out of the way. I don’t want take anything away from her if she is depending on them for food. Once they start to turn brown I do trim them.

4 Likes

I wouldn’t yet. I’d stick to tucking fan leaves until she gets bigger.

She looks great! Nice and healthy.

2 Likes

I gree with @Fiz. They will feed off of them for a while.

1 Like