.21-.11-.16 Adding nutes or wait

Indoor , Northern lights, fem. Im using the MG soil that has the .21 - .11 - .16 nutes in it … The bigger one is only 11 days old and the tiny scrub looking one is actually 31 days old … Needless to say but is it too early to start giving them 15 - 30 - 15 ( MG All purpose is all I have ) in half doses or do I need to wait because the soil already has nutes in it ??

It would be best to wait IMO. You will probably be good all the way through veg with that soil. If you are going to use MG fertilizer I would plan on doing a significant flush before harvest.

A slurry test to determine the PH of your soil might be a good idea too. I’ve seen MG drop the PH down to 4.5 or so.

1 Like

If I should be good with the soil, why are there so many comments on using something like a 10-15-10 ??? I mean these numbers in the soil I have are point 11 , Not 11 but a one hundredth of 1 percent . And the PH is 6.5

1 Like

Can you post a picture of the MG container? I’m guessing it’s just the way they’re reporting it.

The nute percent is just below the Net weight on the left of the bag …

0.21 - 0.11- 0.16

Most miracle grow soils have slow release nutrient balls in them, that’s probably why it says feeds up to 6 months. Also the comments about people feeding different nutes is because they use a different soul and have different needs. Usually every time you water these nutrients get slow released in to the soil. So by adding some you are potentially over feeding your plant. If you feel like your plant looks hungry you can feed starting 1/4 recommended dosage and work your way up. But honestly that soil looks like it will keep your plant fed for awhile.

1 Like

I was curious because the 12 day olds sprung up bout 4 inches overnight then just stopped growing the past 5 days. The tiny scrubs are like 22 days old . I’m using the cfl 14w ( equivalent to 65w ) 5000 lumen daylight bulbs. There is also a florescent bulb in the canopy above them …18/6 on / off …As you can see they are about an inch or 2 above… They stretched and I added more soil. I just watered them … I wait till my first knuckle cant feel moisture then add about a 1/4 cup of water. Is it because I have the lights so close or they need more nutes ? And there is a fan out of sight blowing on them . I keep that bowl filled for humidity. Room temp between 72 -78 deg. Dont mean to ask so many questions , just my first grow on a budget as you can tell by my grow shelf …

@dbrn32 @Countryboyjvd1971 @HornHead

2 Likes

I’m probably not the guy to ask about all the different soils, my opinion is that @garrigan62 can probably help you the most there.

But I wouldn’t think you need to be feeding in that soil yet. Your lights are probably a little close, try backing them off to about 6”.

Another thing, I would probably look at wrapping those transparent containers in something so the roots don’t get any light.

3 Likes

I agree with @dbrn32 @garrigan62 is bestvto ask about different soil types
You shouldn’t need to feed until the round leaves tirn yellow and die raise your lights a few inches
They will slow down aftrr intial sprouting and work on root system first then tbe take off again
I normally transplanted once i have 4-5 sets of true leaves

2 Likes

Say after veg you put it in flowering 12\12 and then put it back in veg 18\6. Can you take clones in veg and flower.