2 month flowering issues

I have 2 plants. 1 is having drooping issues and the other has white spot issues. Both get watered the same, maybe every 2-3 days when the top inch of soil is dry. I know drooping can be from overwatering. They are drooping and twisting, but not dying. I use foxfarm strawberry fields soil. I only add nutes like once every 2 weeks, like 3 tablespoons. My lighting system isn’t only giving about 5000-6000 kelvin per plant maybe. Using a lot of small bulbs. 4-7 inches away from plants. Any ideas on these issues??

Soil is foxfarm strawberry fields
Soil in gardening pots with holes drilled around for drain

PH of runoff or solution in reservoir? Paper tabs show water used and soil are around 7ish. Or neutral

What is strength of nutrient mix? 0-0.5-0.7 foxfarm liquid plant foot. Big bloom

Indoor

Light system, 6 household bulbs.13w 2700k 900lumens each.
Temps; 70-76
Humidity;n/a
Ventilation system;no
AC,

Maybe light is too close to plants
White spots could be if you got water in the leaves. Water magnifies rays of light (think of magnifying glass (water) and the sun (your lights)
You should be able to hold your hand comfortably under light. If not, its too close to plants

6 Likes

I will add that the kelvin rating of your lights has nothing to do with how much light intensity plants are receiving. That more or less describes the type of light they are getting. If you’re bulbs have kelvin rating that high, they’re not ideal for flowering stage of plant.

I’m not familiar with makeup of strawberry fields soil, or what you’re using for feed. But I feel it’s pretty safe to say most of us are feeding more and more frequently by that stage of plant. Filling out support ticket would probably help us get you the best information.

5 Likes

Are you sure you don’t have any bugs living around those leaves? I can’t confirm what I see from the picture, but I say that so other factors are taking into consideration :wink:
They seems to be eating a lot or getting to much high temperatures, the leaves seem to be looking down…
Have you thought as weel at a fungus case? mildew?

:+1:

:+1:

I would raise the lights and try and feed them a little more brother, especially now that they are producing flowers

3 Likes

So, just my own experience with leaves that looked like that and the kind of clawing that yours are doing. I personally had a nute lock out and so while I was feeding my plant, lightly, she was starving, eating herself, only her though, because she alerted me first and I fixed it with her twin from the same bag seed. I had to flush my soil, let it dry out, and then restart nutes. I got 952 grams out of her wet and put them into the jars last night where I stored 428 grams of not very good bud. It couldn’t help it, it was “not good” bag seed, some kind of Mexican. I know I will lose a bit more weight while curing. :green_heart::seedling:

2 Likes

Over watering can be a issue are you watering at the start of the day or at the end of the day.I had a similar problem when watering in the middle of the day the plant would take the moisture in the leaves and the lights being to close this would cause a cooking of the leaves.But overwatering will cause your plants to have a chicken claw shaped leaves.

1 Like

Go ahead and fill this out. It will be a big help.

COPY/PASTE: This “Support Ticket” into your forum post.
Answer these simple questions the best you can.
If you do not know, or do not use something; Just say so = NA

Strain; Type, Bag seed, or NA

Soil in pots, Hydroponic, or Coco?

System type?

PH of runoff or solution in reservoir?

What is strength of nutrient mix? EC, or TDS

Indoor or Outdoor

Light system, size?
Temps; Day, Night

Humidity; Day, Night
Ventilation system; Yes, No, Size
AC, Humidifier, De-humidifier,

Co2; Yes, No
Add anything else you feel would help us give you a most informed answer. Feel free to elaborate, but short, to the point questions and facts will help us help you smile

I have added a support ticket to my post for further info. Thanks for all the quick answers.

drooping leaves can be from under or over watering
Also 7 ph is a bit high fir the plants you should be at the highest 6.8 in soil above that lock outs will start
Low side is 6.3 and optimum wouls be 6.5-6.6
Also you need to check eun off after your water since your seeing issues
I suspect your ph levels are off in the soil
Recheck ph of run off and post results when you water next @Jbowman93
Also you ahouls be feesing flowee nutes
Tiger bloom is ff flower nutrients to be used in conjunction with the big bloom

I think we have several different issues here @Jbowman93

The others have addressed several already.

Here is the ingredients list from the Strawberry Fields soil mix.

This product contains 35-45% coco fibre, sphagnum peat moss, aged forest products, perlite, and fertilizer (see below). DERIVED FROM: Earthworm Castings, Bat Guano, Oyster Shell and Dolomite Lime.

You should do a slurry test of this soil as it has a lot of non-soil mixed in and the dolomite lime. Take a half glass of water and pH it to 6.5 and add a tablespoon on your soil and stir it up. Wait a few minutes and test that water and let me know what the pH is.

7ish for potted MJ plants is not where you want to be. Depending on the slurry test,you need to be going in at 6.5 or 5.8 pH

Nutrient_Chart2

The nutrients schedule for fox farms calls for feeding them twice a week . Most of us feed water feed water.

You are only giving them partial nutrients as well. FF has a big three that are needed for flowering. Grow Big and Tiger Bloom are needed as well as a balance. The feeding schedule chart is below,

The drooping leaves are most likely over watering, under watering or rootbound

Don’t forget to tag us in your response @Jbowman93

2 Likes

Hahaha @bob31 posted same time

Yeah, I was just looking at that hahaha like minds… lol @Countryboyjvd1971

1 Like

@Countryboyjvd1971
I will check my run off. What’s the cheapest way to alter ph? Thanks for the reply!

@bob31
Thanks for the nutrient tip! And I’ll be checking my runoff ph soon and posting that.

1 Like

Best way imo is using ph up and down
You can get pint bottles fairly cheap but if your going to need it i would just buy gallons myself
I ise more ph sown then i do up also @Jbowman93

1 Like

My standard stock response when I read a post like this is, even if you are on a tight budget, invest in a good digital pH tester. The paper tabs are barely ok for testing water. Even a decent inexpensive digital pen will get you a more accurate picture of where you are and where you want to be.

1 Like

I couldn’t agree more @GetbackJoJo