1st real grow from bag seeds

I concur with the above, it’s a girl. :+1: :v:

4 Likes

thanks guys, she is looking happy still, also starting to show signs of female on the other 8 plants also, if all 9 of these germinate from seeds, and wind up being females the guy that sold the equipment is gonna hunt me down, lol

starting to look at lights now, going to be building a 10X5 grow room, hoping this week. ran out of room very quickly, lol

3 Likes

You can sort of follow this model to build with any of the 560mm led strips. Worth noting that Samsung and bridgelux both have multiple 1120mm modules too. The video has some things that would be specific to these strips, but also note he goes to greater lengths and spends extra money on the fit and finish of the fixture. You could put a couple of self tappers or bolts through the heatsinks and would just the same right?

In the other thread you mentioned you probably have access to aluminum. Heatsink extrusion would be ideal, but you can build on plate, angle, channel, square stock, or just about anything that has flat mounting surface for strip to lay on. I would start looking, and hopefully we could design around what you come up with.

3 Likes

I built two of the lights that @dbrn32 linked video for. Overall a easy build.

2 Likes

I did a straight-up D.I.Y. build with @dbrn32’s help a couple of years ago for the very reason mentioned: I had access to aluminum. Mine happened to be 1 1/2" X 6" X 1/8" wall rectangular tubing and MacGyver’d that into 3 fixtures. If you have some tools and are handy this is really the way to do it.

3 Likes

i am sort of hoping this will justify me getting my aluminum spool gun going on my welder, and the cost to get it up and running ! i really really over thought what was involved in making these.

plants are 7 weeks old yesterday, they are starting to really over fill out in the first tent, so far only mungo is showing any white hairs. the other 3 in the big tent seem to have some small white hairs starting, but sometimes i swear they are white and sometimes they look green.
also all 4 of these plants are going outside once weather breaks, going to be below 30 a few nights this week, then an inch of rain at the end of the week, forecasted anyway, so looks like another week inside, at least. being outside plants when should i top them? i am looking at 5-6 months outside growth as long as i dont have auto seeds, (i think?) who knows what is really in store for me. they have great looking bottom stems i think which are growing fast towards the top. they range from 34-44 inches from the floor right now. they look straggly from pictures from the side, but when i look over them they are pretty full. but i still think stretched a bit?

they are a bit crowded, and the leaves are turning brown where they touch the walls too much, i really hope they like the sun when they get out there. :slight_smile:
humidity runs a bit high in there about 70% and they seem to be slowing down on total height while the lower branches catch up. i think i am under watering them a bit too. but never see signs of it. they do look a bit sad and weepy at the end of the light cycle and before i head to work, but look happy to see me when i get home.

small tent i am having slow growth, which is a good thing for now. a little too hot and way too dry, i still have some new growth coming from some of my manifold attempts, so far i have not killed any of them, and i am hoping they rebound quick after i get them in a better environment. they don,t look unhappy, just slow.

and here are the clones, from my manifolding and the broken branch on mungo. i have not killed any of them yet, they seem to be starting to grow and hope to put them outside too. they have been mostly shaded in the tent and i have been misting them a few times daily. also i have been putting water in the bottom tray for the soil and the peat cups to soak up.

i am thinking when i transplant the ones outside that are going there, i am going to try to use the natures living soil as a tea to give them a little extra boost.

if anyone wants to see any closeups of the plants for topping or fim ideas lemme know, i will take some.

thanks all.

1 Like

Not really, but I guess you could

i didn’t figure so, it came with the welder i bought years ago, never found a reason to weld aluminum with it, so never set it up. sometimes i just look for reasons to buy new tools for the garage.

2 Likes

sunday picture time !! hope everyone is well

have not done too much this week, tried to fimm all the plants i have in growth, i think i more topped them more than fimmed them, but we shall see how that goes.
i manifolded the 3 manifold plants again. not sure how many more times i am going to do them, will see how they respond.
small tent

i think 1 more week and i am going to move the manifold plant out and put these 2 in flower

here is nebula, the girl on the right. still no definite signs on the plant on the left

here is the big tent, still have no good lights in there for natural light pictures. still waiting on good weather so i can move them outside, going to be 30’s and raining at night till friday so far, so not this week yet. i am thinking once it warms up and is only down in the 40’s i will put some outside.

and here is cousin it, the 1 plant out of all 9 i was hoping to be female. that white hair still shows green under a magnifying glass, so not 100% sure yet

and here is butch, hard to see the little sack clearly, but i think my hopes of having a large aggressive super mega lesbian plant have been squashed, and i am going to have a large NY steel worker instead. but going to give it time i think, unless i am definitely seeing the nutsacks i think i am seeing.

also bought some wedding cake seeds here, my cousin is getting married september 12th of this year, hoping to grow a few plants for 1 as a wedding gift, will be cutting it very close i think.

6 Likes

is that what i think it is ? might need to downoad to zoom in, finally got a good picture of it i think,

1 Like

Give it another day and you’ll know for sure. :sunglasses::v::call_me_hand:

that is the 1 plant i wanted most to be a girl of the 9 i have going, will keep my fingers crossed

1 Like

I got mine crossed for you too :crossed_fingers::crossed_fingers::pray::v::call_me_hand:

above is cousin it, not looking any better… below is butch, i think is a male also.

Pretty sure those first 2 pics show male flowers. The one from 2 days ago and top one from today. I can’t get the last pic to zoom in so not too sure on that one.

First pic definitely male parts. Second might be a little to early to be sure.

1 Like

I agree with Saint Dognuts assessment.
This is a very helpful pic that I stole from I can’t remember who :thinking: maybe I saw it on @Missiles thread?..

3 Likes

thanks guys, the 1st plant was the only 1 i wanted to be a girl for sure, butch has the same sacks as the 1st pic in other spots, this jamesons is in remembrance of cousin it, 1 year and done, enjoyed smoking you my friend see you on the other side…

on a good note i bought some ilgm wedding cake it should be here tomorrow. so at the very least i get to start a new grow journal. and my light parts are coming in !!!

and enlightened that was the same pic i used to determine it was male, so far i have sucessfully identified 2 females, and 2 males, i may be gradiatin to grow nub level 1 soon !!!

3 Likes

Thanks, I think :thinking:

3 Likes

saint huh? guess i am not the only one graduatin!!

1 Like