1st Grow KHAOS!

Looking good solid fim.
That tents going to get really full really fast.

Thanks for the shout out and I’m glad I could help I learned a lot here when I was new years ago as well.

I would suggest switching to fabric pots.

Also if you want some more freedom in your life and don’t want to water very single day look into an auto pot system.
My grows use them

This is an older post, click summerize at the bottom of the first post it will reduce the needles posts to read on the thread.
Anyways a lot of good info here, newer systems and some gained knowledge since I wrote that but the basic ideas the same.

1 Like

Thanks a lot, I appreciate it! I will be transplanting into 7gal fab pots. Going forward, they will be going into their forever homes right out of the solo cup. Im not transplanting 3 times again.
The plan is to kick two of the WW outdoors as soon temps allow. Im afraid I started them to early for that though and my tent will run out of room letting them all veg that long waiting on the outdoor weather.
Ill ready up on the auto pots. They sound interesting!

1 Like

Watered last night 3/31. Its their first RO drink. Up to this point its been my high PPM tap water. I also fed them for their first time. I kind of wish I held off feeding for another week because I checked run off PPM towards the end and its about twice as high as it should be. But even with feeding, it should come down. I may just give them water next time.
Tonight 4/01 they look pretty good. I did some very light trimming getting rid of old discolored leaves. New growth is filling in nicely from FIM. In a couple days after they have had a good drink I’ll probably do some thinning to get more light to the new lower growth.

2 Likes

Sounds like you have a plan and your taking it seriously with a passion to learn, you’ll get far just remember these first few grows are the hardest as you learn to play God. Growing pains, parden the pun.

Low stress ttaint he plants, I like to super crop now read up on that. It’s basicly just twisting the stems till they go limp then they grow back stronger. All those things slow a plant down a bit now but will make it stronger and beefier later.
Avoiding tall lankey Plants is ideal

If you haven’t read up on the DLI thread yet go ahead and check that out, a app on your smart phone will help you dial in your lights.

To keep them shorter and stronger, smash them with light as much as you can and give them a good strong russle from fans.
Remeber it’s going to be windy outside.
Also give them a week of coming inside at night, but out in the daytime when it’s nice.
Let them adjust to outside.

1 Like

@Nicky thanks! Ive actually read your DLI post. Thats what got you the shout out in my journal!
Ive been trying to keep the DLI between 38-40 right now using the Photone app with my lights right around 20" above the canopy. I may have to shim the AK pots up to get an even canopy.
Ill read into supercropping. I know Im going to need to do something soon whether its that or LSD. Id rather not have a bunch branches tied down all over the place.
Do you recommend trimming off any big fan leaves yet blocking light to new growth?

@Nicky you know what? I lied. Your FIM thread is what I read that I gave you a shout out for lol. I did read some of your DLI thread to though.

Im going to try and keep up with this journal and cut down having so many different threads.
Since checking runoff after feeding on 3/31 and having high PPM, I decided to a slurry test tonight on each plant. To my surprise, PPM came down a lot in a short time.
WW1-985PPM PH 5.8
WW2- 471 PPM pH 6.2
WW3- 585 PPM PH 6.1
WW4- 545 PPM PH 6.1
AK1- 800PPM PH 6.2
Ak2- 541PPM PH 5.8

This makes me happy and Im glad I took the time to do it.

I also have an issue with WW4. Its leaves are canoeing and I think/ hope I figured out it may be wind burn. I had an 8" fan ( on low ) blowing straight down from the roof to get the warm air back down low to help keep temps up. This plant was getting the strongest breeze. I have shut that fan off ( still have another going for cross wind ) and will see how WW4 reacts.

1 Like

I should also add that like an idiot, when I added my second 260 v2 rspec and UVA light I plugged them into the wrong strip on my timer and were staying on for 24hrs the last 5 nights😡. Im glad I caught it but man that makes me mad.

I’ll admit I’ve done this myself lol, we are only human. They will appreciate the dark period though.

[

I looked through your pictures, I don’t think that little fan is to blame. Since you did remove the fan, only time will tell if that was the problem.

1 Like

Thanks @Dave101. Those are 7" fans and they push a good amount of air. Before my next grow I’m going to get a couple smaller fans for sprouts/ early veg. Its just so odd why that plant is the only one doing it. Ill give it a couple days and see what happens.

Well I’m glad I went with my gut feeling and only gave them water instead of going off those slurry test numbers. PPM in runoff is still pretty high.
WW1- 1194 PPM PH 6.1
WW2- 1628 PPM PH 6.1
WW3- 1520 PPM PH 5.9
WW4- 2058 PPM PH 5.9
Ak1- 1947 PPM PH 5.8
Ak2- 1295PPM PH 6.2

Today the new growth leave tips started curling on me on more of the white widows. Hopefully they straighten out this week.

Also had this bugger crawling on me while I was watering. Must have got on me when I was scouting for turkeys this morning.

@Dave101 @BigItch @LateNightGardner @JaneQP @JAQ @Fiz @CurrDogg420 @Tylersays

4 Likes

Man I hate ticks. I’ve got 2 mini dachshunds and they’re both tick magnets.

Looks like they’re improving. You mentioned a feeding, but I didn’t read what you used?

Also what was the PPMs on your tap before? Was it you who had the 850ppm water alloy?

1 Like

@CurrDogg420 they were a bit but now I have leaf tip curl going on.
Im using AN part A and B, voodoo juice, and Cal-Mag. I only fed a 1/4 dose last time. Today was straight RO.
And yeah my tap is super high pushing 900 PPM which is why I switched to RO.

2 Likes

New growth still don’t look right to me. The discolouration and claw like leaf tips of the new growth leads me to believe it’s something happening in the root zone. Ph seems a little low on some, and my concern with the runoff ppm is how much of that is from your high tap water you were using? Could be building up in the soil causing these issues.

I also wouldn’t be trying to blast them with light if they are having issues.

Anyway I’m just throwing thoughts around lol

2 Likes

Yeah man, that tap water was no bueno, probably going to need to flush, it probably built up in there.

Keep an eye on your runoff and only add water for a week.

The six causes behind your cannabis leaves yellowing and curling up are as follows:

• Excess heat or cold
  • Overwatering or underwatering
  • Excess nutrients
  • Wind burn
  • Light burn
  • Pests
1 Like

@Dave101 I’m sure all of my issue is from the junk tap water I started with. I wish I had planned better! But this is my first go at this so there is sure to be some bumps in the road. I was considering a flush today.

@CurrDogg420 I was really considering flushing today but wanted to get some numbers first and see what you all thought. If I was to flush, do I need to wait for them to be dry again? And how much water would you recommend I put through them for 3gal pots?

So I ended up flushing WW4. Its PPM was over 2000 earlier when I watered them. I put 2 gal of RO water through it checking PPM periodically. I saw it go down as low as 550 but by the time runoff was done and I measured the last bit it was back up a little over 900. Thats a huge improvement I hope.
I would have done others but Im waiting for my RO tank to fill up. I will pick away at the rest tmrw. Hopefully this will be a fresh start.

1 Like

As of tonight, I’ve flushed the 4 with highest PPM and discoloration/ leaf clawing. Im already seeing some of the new growth un-clawing on the first plant I flushed last night with the highest PPM.