1st Grow KHAOS!

Just finished up wiring in a new 20amp circuit for my tent. I ended up putting an outlet in on each side of the tent on the floor joists. This gives me a huge piece of mind and was worth every bit of time and money.
I also added insulation board under the tent to get it off the concrete floor.
Thanks for all the tips so far!

2 Likes

I will be following @Hellraiser 's techniques for a lot of this. Ive read a ton of his stuff and he’s shared more info than I know what to do with. Thank you for helping out beginners, and others, like myself.

2 Likes

Seeds soaked for 24hrs and are now in FFHF solo cups watered with 3oz/ runoff

2 Likes

Excellent preparation, you’re doing everything right to have success from the first. Best of luck with your grow!

2 Likes

Thanks a lot!

1 Like

My Inkbird controllers came today. I got them mounted and I’m pretty happy with how they work. I had to go back to the small space heater I was originally going to use because the oscillating one you had to manually switch back on every time the power was reapplied to it. Oh well, other than being a little louder when its running, it seems to do ok.

4 Likes

It was recommened that I up the RH so in went a humidifier which brought it up quickly. RH is staying between 60 and 62 now. I like it.

2 Likes

@Woodrow

3 of the 4 WW just popped!

3 Likes

They have only been in soil for 2.5 days after a 24hr water soak. That was fast

Domed the 3 sprouts and theres 1 more about to pop

2 Likes

Here is a 1 week update above ground for my sprouts. I had them domed for the first 3 days. They started drooping. At first I figured my light was to strong so I adjusted it. By that night they were reaching so I turned it back up and figured it was to much rh. I removed the domes and they look much better except for the runt on the end which is still drooping pretty good. I think its due to overwatering and hopefully it will perk back up. They all have some light green discoloration which hopefully I can get figured out soon as well.

2 Likes

Here is day 12 for three of the WW and day 10 for the other three. Looks like I will be transplanting in the next day or two once they finish drinking up their last watering. Im debating doing them all at once or letting the runts go one more watering before they get transplanted.

2 Likes

Transplanted into 3gal pots tonight. I was close to losing the soil around the roots because of it being to dry. They must have drank a lot today while I was gone. I hope they are happier now. Gave them all 4ml of Cal-Mag in 1/2 gal of water each. Gonna order another HLG 260 tomorrow and I should be set on light.

2 Likes

Day 14 for most of the seedlings, so its time to switch to 18/6 tonight. During the six hours the lights and heat lamp are off, I have my s6 fans set to kick on to bring in the warmest air I can to keep temps from dropping as much. Im hoping it doesnt dip below 67 degrees.
Still some yellowing on a few plants. Im hoping the Cal-Mag will help soon and I am also switching to RO. My tap water is just way to high PPM.

2 Likes

Read up some more today on DLI and roughly where it should be at certain times. @Nicky and @Hellraiser have done a very nice job explaining it and I appreciate them taking all the time they do for new growers like myself, along with countless others on here. Thank you.
Anyways, i definitely needed to crank the light up a little. Now its set to 38-39 dli and is around 20" above the canopy. My second hlg 260 v2 rspec and UV supplmental light will be here Tuesday. Hopefully that will make them happy the remainder of the grow. Looking back now I wish I would have just went with an HLG 550 or 600 and been done with it. Oh well, this will do for now.

1 Like

Ive been going back and forth between topping and FIMing. If I was going to FIM, then one of the WW was ready today. I decided to go for it and I think I got it on the first try. We will find out. All the others are probably 1-4 days behind this one being ready for FIM. Also turned the light up some tonight as a couple plants were reaching. Its crazy how much changes in a day.
Before

After

2 Likes

My RO system came today. I got that all hooked up. Coring through the granite countertop is always fun, but becides that it went pretty easy. Wife is super happy with the taste of the water. Hopefully we can get away from bottled water now. I should have done it a long time ago.
4/6 of the plants are FIMed now. The last two will probably be ready tomorrow and all will most likely be ready for water. Im going back and forth about starting to feed this watering or not. I may give it another week to let them recover a bit from FIMing.

My 2nd HLG 260 v2 rspec will be here tmrw. Im looking forward to that.

3 Likes

I forgot to mention I ordered a UV supplmental light as well. Hopefully have them setup tonight.

2 Likes

Got the other HLG 260v2 rspec and HLG30 UV supplmental light all hooked up yesterday. Plants seem to be very happy. Also FIMed the last WW and second AK47. They will probably be ready for water later today.

4 Likes