1st grow journal GG#4 x10

I thought those heatsink were pretty tough looking? What broke on it?

Mine’s a good one too and one of the reasons I spent more was for the supports. It actually came off the support. So the part i had hooked on the support stayed and the rope came off of the clip thingy that holds onto the support. If that makes sense typed like that lol. But yeah its one of the reasons I do all the adnustmemts to the height before I put the plants in that tent. Its my fault for not checking everything before I started adjusting them, let it be a lesson to everyone else lol. Check all the ties and clips and anything else before you adjust your lights lol. Its actually got me thinking about rigging a type of safty catch next time for sure!

I dont know what broke its just not coming on and i have no clue as to making repairs on something like this. And it did fall from about 7 ft so idk if it was gonna survive that and it was Almost flat down light side first cuz I was holding the unconnected opposite side that fell go figure lol. So when it came off it pulled my end tight out of my hand and i was just standing there like a dip looking at it thinkin…“oh shit, no way”

Damn that sucks. I’m hoping it’s something simple and they can get it back to you asap.

2 Likes

Im gonna post a pic of how i have to put these lights. I had ro put them in the tent where i would normally have seedlings cuz veg is full. Worse timing ever. I adjusted the lights to their height but its so inadequate lol. I cant even get pissed about it anymore.

Well things went from bad to worse. I just had to pull 4 plants that hermied!!! Had nanners in the with the calyx. Have a horrible light leak at the zipper that showed up after the last grow. Again, on me for not checking first. Sooooo pissed! Oh, and here are what my ridiculous light setup looked like hahaha. Beggars can’t be choosers lol

1 Like

Had to build a light hanger. Whole tent is more ridged now.
Tent frame only supports the vent and filter :clown_face:

3 Likes

That’s an awesome idea im totally doing that in my new tent when it gets here lol. Gives me time to get supplies :+1:

You can see the base in this one

2 Likes

Where did you buy the red netting at ? @boardsbird

Its a piece off the safety netting for FIS World-Cup (Skier-x/Boarder-X) world championships this year, You can see the rest live on NBC in feb.

3 Likes

I was just gonna say it looks like the netting they use at conatruction sites :joy:. I like it!! Does is cut into the plants at all or is that stuff soft enough thatbthe edges wont dig?

1 Like

Looking for some expert advice: on the attached pics(best I could get with the space) I am looking for some stress training help. Due to my current lighting situation…I am forced to put my lights at varying heights now. What I am wondering is, can I stress train the tops of the tall ones so I can lower my lights for even distribution and utilize what light I do have. I stress trained one cola on a middle plant but that was only one branch, I’m looking at prob having to do the whole plant lol. The colas that will need trained are about 16” too tall lol. I am in the middle of week 4 of flower so that is my concern. If I can stress train how far can I lay them down?

1 Like

Bud update middle of week 4. Couldn’t bring myself to toss my plants since it was so many so I will just pull off banners as they pop up unless it’s on a small enough cola to get rid of. . Guess this will be my batch, darn lol. Anyway, they are starting to gain a little weight for as scrawny as they are but I will take it. I know my light situation is gonna be my issue this grow. Oh, and HGL is gonna repair my light under warranty. It’s on its way to them now. Won’t get it back for min of 3-4 months. Gonna miss next flower to ugh. Anyway…

![image|374x500]

2 Likes

Damn bro. When it rains it pours… at least ull pull something and staying upbeatish will tick the karma meter in the right direction. Everything will look up

1 Like

Yep like @PurpNGold74 said keep it positive. I’m hoping your light will be back in record time.

1 Like

Yup, Im just glad its getting fixed for free except shipping. Like i said I cant even get mad anymore lol its getting fixed so no worries now.

1 Like

I was having pH issues as well. I felt I was using way too much pH down and way too frequently. Finally caved and bought RO system and calmag and now my pH is stable.

Sorry to hear about the lights though. I guess I am lucky everyone convinced me to buy two smaller lights rather than one bigger one.

1 Like

Sure you can lst those stalks. just do it incrementally to bend them over to get more light penetration.

1 Like

So in the very beginning I had some bad damage on the leaves from lockout. Some of them I trimmed the ends off of some not. They are now the bottom set and turning yellow and overall look like shit. I think the plants are fine just wondering is it going after them because they are already damaged or should I bump the food up. And it’s all of them not some. I’m about 21 days from flower.