1200w LED Light Panel with autoflower seed. Do I use the veg or bloom switch?

I do see Nicky’s point too. I would make sure I had adequate light before adjusting the it down to a 18/6 schedule.

1 Like

@Sfblczy yeah it was just a single bush cola very leafy and stuff haha.

@Covertgrower is right on it will save you moeny on energy but that being said its considerably worse for your plants so I would suggest against it. Learn to grow and get a good harvest then you could crunch the numbers of what your operation costs are and where to cut back, we all have different electrical costs and local market costs to see if growing makes financial sense to you but in the mean time I think we all know it’s going to cost a bit to grow and we are willing to pay as much as we are willing to learn.

Again if you had more powerful lights you could cut some time off but it’s really not advisable considering you have starter lights.

I was also worried about Curring and I’ll be honest watching your buds while they dry is more fo a challenge then Curring I find, because it’s easy to over dry them.
All you need to cure is super cheap humidtors (I prefer the manual ones), large Mason jars (start collecting jars now from foods you eat saves $) and a dark slighly cool place like a closet or pantry

2 Likes

@Nicky Yeah that will be my next question. What is the easiest and most cost effective way to control the humidity in the room while drying?

1 Like

How is it worse @Nicky?

Well it woild depend on your environment, is your space humid or dry?
This goes back to owning a controller, the easiest and most cost effective way is to dry inside your grow tent with your fan and humidifier/dehumidifier hooked into the controller.

@Covertgrower because your starving the plants of energy, and his lighting is not that powerful that he’s able to cut down the hours

@Nicky I’m growing the plants in my bathroom. I don’t have a tent. I run a fan during the light cycle so there’s a constant airflow while the light is on. That’s pretty much it.

Right but when you chop everything down and dry it before cure you have your tent with your other two plants, use that.
Or you could use a garage /basement and have a fan in the room (not blowing on the buds)?
Just need to dial in the humidity be it humid or dry

1 Like

2 of the 6 plants were planted a week later. So I planned on drying 4 of the 6 first while leaving the last 2 under the light then follow up with the other 2 a week after. No basement or tent. I’m in California. I have a 2 car garage. What do you recommend to use to control the humidity and what is the proper humidity %?

At this point a light upgrade would be more beneficial than running the light longer. @Nicky

1 Like

I agree on the light upgrade for sure but that’s not where he’s at right now.

@Sfblczy is your humidity low or high?
Got a cooler area in the house like a closet? If humidity is low run a humidfior and put a small fan just to keep air moving.
Ideally the inkbird controller would be in your tent and you would control your environment.

@Covertgrower I agree. Down the road I’ll upgrade to a better grow room with better lighting and all the good stuff. Right now, it’s just my bathroom with a couple cheap 1200 W LED light panels. Once I learn all the little nuances of Nutes and watering and other stuff I’ll invest in better lighting when I can afford it.

2 Likes

This being said I have Rspec QB boards with UV added and I still run 20/4, I’ve ran 18/6 as well and with my setup I’m probably getting deminishing returns but that being said it keeps my environment constant and I woild be paying for an electric baseboard heater anyways if lights were off

Yeah my lights are off between 8 AM and 12 noon. I started running a floor heater in the room while the lights were off.

@Sfblczy as far as your photos being to large to upload you should have a setting on device to change picture quality in camera setting. Lower the quality a notch and they might fit for upload. Easier than resizing I think.

2 Likes

Your right about that. It’s frustrating because sometimes the pic uploads and sometimes it says it’s too large.

1 Like

In that case that you are running a heater Definitely have your lights on 20/4 might as well pay for the heat to give you more light then to just pay for heat and not get anything out of it,

@Nicky ok, cool. I just added the second light panel. So now I’m running a 1200 W LED and a 1500 W LED side-by-side . They’re sitting 20 inches above the plants. I’ll try and send a couple pictures without the burple light.

3 Likes

Looks good, what medium are you in? What’s your run off TDS?
Make sure your feeding that Ph’d water that’s sat out for 24hr.
How’s your temps/humidity?

Your going to want a oscillating fan on them providing a breeze, this makes the plants strong/ builds roots and prevents bugs/mold

1 Like

@Nicky honestly I don’t know any of that info. I need to purchase a humidifier and humidifier temp reader, and TDS reader. And a digital ph reader. I’ll purchase all that on Monday when I get paid
Also I have a box fan in the bathroom set on low while the lights are on. It circulates the air pretty good. The leaves are constantly moving. I’m in Southern California. Thoughts?

1 Like

If the leaves are constantly blowing lightly that’s exactly what you want.

A digital PH meter should be 40-80$ get nothing cheaper than the Apera PH 20, many of us use that and it’s great.
A TDS meter spent at least 10$ but don’t spend more than 25$
You want a digital thermometer/ humidtor, it should read both and record the high/low’s as well don’t get the black one with a grey face off Amazon it’s a POS won’t even last a year.

My thoughts are your water has long been the biggest issue in your case I think incorrectly Ph’d water has been stunting your plants, but you’ll get a handle on it we were all there at one point.

Keep us updated.

3 Likes