1200w LED Light Panel with autoflower seed. Do I use the veg or bloom switch?

I agree with Bubblehead, spend more money on a good light. Pays off big time in the long run.

2 Likes

Welcome to the forums
You asked for light advice so that’s what we will touch on first but that being said there are multiple variables in play as @Haildamaged mentioned.

Your getting some good advice here and some advice I’m going to disagree with on the light scedule side, sorry @VTGROW.
While there is no set studies or proof on autoflower light scedule the growing community, I’m taking about outside this forum as well of course, is now largely in agreement that even autoflowers do better when not on 24hr full time lights on. Deficiencies and other plant health issues seem to be more common with 24hr light schedules. That being said large autoflower communities have been polled and the most common scedule is 20/4 with 18/6 being second most popular but as we know you can grow autos on any light scedule because their genetics determines flowering and not light scedule.
That can actually be an advantage to growers like yourself that have less than ideal lights because you can run your lights longer allowing the plant to absorb more energy both in veg and in flower.
DLI or Daily light integral describes the number of photosynthetically active photons that are delivered to a specific area over a 24-hour period, this is what you should be focusing on.

Now all this being said I recommend you run 20/4 light scedule and as @dbrn32 stated the light will cover a 2x3 area and thus 2 plants is ideal but you can squeeze 3 in there if you really want to try.
Sooo even if you do buy another one of your current lights it still won’t be enough to light up all 7 plants. Down the road your going to regret buying those burple lights so try and steer clear of them go fro higher quality HLG or similar lights or if you need to save money up front but can deal with the power/ heat hill for now then go to CMH (veg) and HPS (flower) bulbs.

While a 18/6 scedule works for me or @VTGROW because we have more powerful lights, heck I could go even lower I’m sure to a 12/12 if I maxed my lights out, you need your lights on longer to give your plants more energy due to your lighting.
What height are your lights at?
Download a LUX app on your phone and take a couple readings at the canopy or top of plants average it out and let us know what it is.

Now normally I would say don’t use MG potting mix but it seems that the organic one your using doesn’t have time release nitrogen pellets in it like all their other stuff, of you ever see “feed for 6 months” or 9 months or whatever like that then it has time release nitrogen pellets and you don’t want it.

Your going to want to get a TDS meter (cheap ones work fine) and a decent (spent at least 40$) PH meter, I assume the small size of your plants for how old they are is mainly PH issues right now. You’ll be wanting to feed 6.5 ph’d room temp water that has no chlorine in it, your tap water has chlorine on it and needs to sit out for 24hr in a 5 gallon bucket or you need a carbon filter on your line to remove it. Those two things are probably hampering your grow the most right now.

6 Likes

Thank you Nicky. I just purchased a package of pH measuring sticks and a pH dropper solvent. I will also do the water sitting in a 5 gallon bucket overnight to eliminate the chlorine gases. I heard you can boil the water and that will also remove the chlorine gases. I have six plants and the canopy is sitting about 2 feet below the light panel. I will download the LUX app and let you know what the readings are. I already purchased the second 1500 W light panel to daisy chain to the 1200w oneInline image

. Hopefully adding that will give me enough of a footprint to cover the six plants. I also switched the light cycle to 20/4. I figured something was wrong because of the plants are already about seven weeks old and even though they look really healthy and great they are small(14-16in)

(Attachment IMG_3603.JPG is missing)

2 Likes

Your welcome!
PH strips are a huge hassle you want a digital reader and you want down to the decimal point as in feed 6.5 ph water sooo yeah, but keep at it you’ll learn. In a year you’ll be a pretty decent grower if you spend a decent amount of time researching, reading articles and following the forum.

Ps you have to let your image fully load before posting.
Your images didn’t work try again

3 Likes

Ok. I’ll try to upload the pic again. A couple of the blueberry plants look they are starting to flower which is wired because the stem is only about 1/8 of an inch diameter and the plant is only about 16in tall. As for the ph strips, you aren’t kidding, what a pain in the ass. Just tried uploading the pic but it says it’s too big. Ugh

2 Likes

I suggest a Apera PH 20

1 Like

Inline image

I tried sending the pic as an attachment. Please let me know if you see it so I can get your thoughts on it. Thank you

Click the little picture image in the bottom right corner of the comment box, it’s the second one from the corner

I tried that as well. It’s weird, because a couple of my other pictures went through but every time I try to send a picture of all six plants it always tells me the file is too big. I tried using the icon you just mentioned as well as the paperclip. I’m trying to send a pic through the email link let me try sending it through the forum link

Inline image

Nope. Keeps saying it’s too big.

Uploading: 0ECF6E40-ACA1-4B27-B8DB-0E9948E5F53D.jpeg…

1 Like

Got it. What are your thoughts?

Well it’s to big then man gotta re size it lol.
Ohh I see it!

Ps always take pictures in natural light, or turn lights off for a second and use flash. It’s really hard to see in burple

Hard to tell from that distance but I think they are just starting to show pre flower?
I wish, and I bet you wish, that you came and posted this about 5 weeks ago lok

1 Like

Lmao. Yup. A couple of them are just starting to flower. But they seem too small to be flowering. I overloaded myself with YouTube videos and articles. I think I confused myself even more. Starting this thread really helped. I didn’t realize so much depended on the water. I’ll use this round as a learning experience

2 Likes

They will turn out a bit bigger than this, see the one on the right, that was my first auto lol. Many many of us have been there.

2 Likes

LOL. My biggest concern was when should I switch from the veg light to the flower light because it was an auto seed. But I guess I can use both and do a 20/4 cycle from beginning to end. Now it’s all about the water. God help me when it comes to the curing process. Lmao

1 Like

Your first autoflower looks like one big bud. Lol

1 Like

Welcome to ILGM :v:

1 Like

Go with a 12/12 cycle you’ll save a little bit on energy costs.

2 Likes