1000w light strength settings

O.k. cool there’s a couple of us in the Kansas city area on here.

2 Likes

I havent lived up there since I was 14 shiped to fostercare but always love to drive threw

1 Like

I use a cool tube on my 1000w and keeps temps under control real good. I was readin last night that not runnin the dimmable lights on full will change the colour spectrums too

I had the 450 cool tube I could not get temps down maybe my space was to small for it I had cool air coming in threw it hot air going out but I’m say maybe the exterior wall getting hit by the sun half the day

1 Like

I saw those … Like I told Jbum, Im on a budget … My ex ran off and took my last set of lights and I had to borrow and scrape to get a set of new ones … My home is an A-class … Its 40’ long but NO space for a grow room ,lol … Im going to remove the passenger seat , partition off that section with some thick visqueen i have laying around , and thats my new space … :rofl::rofl: …It has ducted central air and there is a roof vent right above it … I can control the temp real easy …I will have about a 3x3 section for 2 ladies … I dont want to crowd them … Being in Fl. the humidity is always 80% + so the side window will regulate that for me … Necessity is the mother of all invention … Yep …

1 Like

I’m a retired electrician… The spectrum will always be the same but instead of 1000w it will only be 500w at the 50% , 750w at the 75% setting etc…

Gota do what we gotta do sometimes

1 Like

I disagree, less power is gnna change brightness of buld which in turn will change colour specs. Some fully disappear as seen i pic above .
@bluethumb

2 Likes

Looking at those figures confirms my statement … The spectrum’s are all still there in your diagram , its just less intense … None of the colors are missing …

Sorry but its the hps that loses some and mh thats drops them alot.
But that does not agree with ur statement. U say it wont change…but it does. Sorry dnt mean to start a thing over it…
Spectrum r totally different at diff power

You are correct, dimming them definitely changes the emitted light spectrum. Probably won’t make that big of a difference though.

2 Likes

Never a thing bud … From the pictures you have , it just looks like all the colors are there , just smaller … No worries … My whole thing is that I didnt think the seedlings are going to need 100% of the 1000 watts during that stage … I am still a newbie and this will only be my 2nd grow … Thats why I ask questions … I know dburn will be able to help clarify this … I do have 20 feet of LED tape lighting going around my living room. I figure if I take it down and put it in just that section I can get more of a spectrum …

1 Like

Do they need the full 1000 watts during the seedling stage ? Also I have 20 feet of LED tape lighting that I can add to the HPS / MH or is that just overkill ??

1 Like

Probably not. Depends on light intensity levels really, which change depending on how big space is and how high your light is.

1 Like

Its just a small lighting system … For under cabinet, rooms, etc … I would be using the 1000w M/H for the power and thought I could run the 10’ of the LEDs for adding a little bit of spectrum … The led’s will fade thru all the colors or I could just keep it on blue , red , yello, etc … Will it help the girls by using both together or just stick with only the M/H ???

I usually just start them off under a few 6500k 26watt cfls. Then when they go under my 3 400watt lights or my 1000w, I just start them further away from light, around outside edges and with light high, then gradually move them in to center then closer to light. Usually over a week or so to let them adjust to light power

1 Like

Im not sure those strips will be strong enuff to make much difference but u never knw. I think the 1000w would be plenty
I run both mh and hps for veg and flower

2 Likes

Thats what I will be running … I know the strips arent for growing … I figured they will emit a small portion of the spectrum tho … If I ran them up and down or around the centers of the girls, while using the M/H , it would be a little help ( or wont make a difference ) … I dunno , I figured it cant hurt them

1 Like

The rgb strips don’t really provide enough intensity to make a big difference, especially when they’re not close. They’re not hurting anything either

2 Likes

Maybe late in flowering wrap them close to the under parts of ur plants for lower lighting. Idk if they would make a difference but that’s the only way I could see them helping out