1000w light strength settings

Im going to be using a Yield Lab 1000w HPS / MH Wing Reflector Digital Grow Light Kit I will only be growing 2 seedlings at a time ( small space ) It has 50 , 75 , 100 , and SUPER bright settings … Should I use the 50% ( lowest ) setting for the seedlings or just keep it at 100% ??? Im not worried about electric cost and it will be in a 75 degree constant air setting with exhaust and fans as well …

That thing is gonna generate some serious heat in a small place! Ever think about running LED? @dbrn32 can probably help you with a build list and make your own to custom fit your space. And save you the heat issue for sure. Just a thought. It’s not even summer yet and I’m starting to already have to battle the heat without running a HPS. I couldn’t imagine how hot it would be if I ran that style of light. Not sure what the cost is on that light but I bet you can build a LED equivalent to pretty close the same price.

2 Likes

I had a 450 in a 3by 2 1/2 it was too hot could not keep it cool had to build a led now heat not a issue but humidity is

2 Likes

Yeah my dehumidifier runs a LOT! But it’s on a inkbird relay and works really well! Rather have that kicking on and off than running AC 24/7

1 Like

How much was the dehumidifier

It was here when I bought the house lol. But you can pick them up for about a 100 bucks I believe. One of the reason I got the bigger tent so I can try and control the atmosphere in there not in my garage.

1 Like

@bluethumb that’s a pic of my LED it’s currently turned all the way down and that bad boy will shut street lights off at night lol.

1 Like

Honestly I found they work better running in the room ur tent is in then in the tent.

1 Like

No way it could keep up in my garage.

1 Like

But in @Jbum situation it works better it being in the tent

Yeah my situation is a little different. My garage is 75 RH right now and the tent is a steady 55

I have a closet not a tent but right now yesterday rh was 88% here

Missouri is now a rain forest

2 Likes

Here in Michigan we get it pretty bad too. I lived in GA for 20 years so I know all about that southern humidity boy! It sucks!!

1 Like

I go to ur state for electric forest festival

1 Like

That festival looks fun as shit

1 Like

I used it before and its not really bad with central air… The room is appx. 12 x 20 … I just dont have a space large enough for plants … dburn is the one who got me into this system … I really like the output … They are running bout $140.00 including shipping and taxes … I thought about … The LED systems are a few hundred more and I just dont have it in the budget …

You should use 50% and have a 6000k or 6500k bulbs for veg
And if you have not paid for that change it to a cool hood reflector and temperature won’t be a problem. That is really meant for a room you can run a pole fan directly at the bulb and have a good exhaust fan but it’s alot easier with a cool hood reflector here is a picture of my 600w mh and hps hope this helps you

2 Likes

@Cyle1
What part of Missouri you in?
I’m by the NASCAR track here in kck

I’m from 18th and central kck I’m down by Springfield now

2 Likes