Would you toss these out?

These are the plants that suffered heat stress last week when we had a heat wave that peaked at 106. Within just a few hours the leaves curled up and turned brown. I picked all the defunct leaves off leaving these stick bushes. I was thinking of putting them in the ground, just to see what happens.
But tell me honestly is it worth it to continue caring for these particular plants or is this a waste of time and I should just toss them out? I’m not attached I have other healthy plants. What would you do?

1 Like

If it was me I think the one on left I would cull and cut my losses the one on the right may have enough left on her to survive but it’s not going to be a big yield imo
You could stick in the ground and just let her do her thing o guess could hurt
I wouldn’t use to much as far as resources go on her tho if it was mine :+1:

2 Likes

Put them in the ground and take care of them. You have nothing to lose but a few dollars in fertilizer from here on out. Plants are much, much happier in the ground and I think there’s a good chance they’ll surprise you.

1 Like

Toss it and start over

1 Like

I’m not really sure that the heat wave was entirely the reason why this happened… I feel it was a mixture of things… :wink:
Not sure that there salvageable at this point…

:v: :sunglasses:

2 Likes

I got up this morning and looked at them and thought… did I really think these were going to make some kind of a comeback? What was I thinking I must of been stoned.
Thanks.
And yeah peach fuzz it was more than the heat. The taller plant was probably root bound in a pot too small for its size. The roots didn’t have access to enough water. Plus I think I over nuted and the soil was too acidic. Stresses on the plants were accelerated by the severe heat, killing 4 plants, tragically lost, he said dramatically. But the good news is the 12 other plants that look outrageously healthy. I choose to focus on that lol

3 Likes

At least try to let them live a life??.. I just hate to see any plant fall off … :face_with_head_bandage::face_with_thermometer::mask: