White Widow Time Frame

A customer has a question and I hope we can get some opinions on it, thanks.

“I’m growing a white widow Auto from you I’m in week 5 it just started the show bud two days ago what is the time frame for the White Widow Auto”

The site claims 55 days average for flower… But mother nature is the only one that really knows, but figure 2 months of flower time…

1 Like

Mine are at 110 days now, I think 120 will finish them…
But I grow in very cold temps…low 30’s at night most of their veggie time…

I have a 200x kids magnification toy (called a cyclops eye I believe), when I start noticing the buds beginning to pop nicely I’ll cut one off and look at it underneath the toy. You can clearly see all of the THC crystals. They start off clear like glass, then start to turn cloudy. I’ll harvest Sativa when they’re mostly cloudy, and I’ll harvest Indica when I start to notice a few of the crystals turning Amber.

I’m on my 2nd WW Auto grow. I harvested the first one at 87 days. Probably could have let it go a bit longer, but I’m happy with the smoke.

I’m really not sure how long mine has been going, but it has been picking up speed fast because of a vivosun 4 by 8 foot by 80 inch tall grow tent (indoor). It helps a lot to contain the light and humidity, temperature so far is not bad either

It grows a lot bigger and faster than the Blue haze I started before it, but now that I have been adding Roberts grow food to them they are getting big too.

Much depends on the soil and environment, I really have to look back at my first grows and think how little I knew and what I had to work with. As I try new things, and get a better situation put together for my plants - the results obviously get better and better. But I no longer think in terms of time itself, but the size and condition of the plant. NO PLANTS I ever grew before got as big fan leaves or as lush foliage as these have got right now. Another factor is that I was worried about people coming to my house before and maybe seeing what I was doing, but with a tent in a locked master bedroom that issue is all done away with.

You cannot really expect to do good if all you see is a calendar, the best results come from nurturing the plants in new ways, exploring new technology and learning, and eventually putting all of these pieces together in a way that is built on past experiences.

I still have a long way to go I think, my big deal right now is cloning the top I took off of the WW plant - which grew so much stronger than the others

The picture showing a wilted top in a glass jar full of media is the top I took off of the widow to clone it

So really - you can’t actually look at the clock or a calendar, it will be what it becomes.
For these plants, I think another week to recover from topping and then I will decide which to push into flower.

With Roberts plant foods and schedule, that will call for another 8 weeks

Some other notes are that I had never cloned a plant before. I took the top off of the white widow and dipped the cut (which I made an angle cut on with a clean razor) into a rooting powder and then put it into good soil kept very wet. I spray it with a mist of Bergmans Seedling food mixed according to directions, and most often just plain water with a PH of 6.5

NONE of these plants had the benefit in the beginning of his plant foods, but they have been getting “Grow Time” now for two weeks. The difference either because of that or the grow tent, or BOTH - has been amazing

But the White Widow even from the start without any sophisticated food or a good tent with environment controls has completely blown away the others. It got thicker and fatter leaves, and shot up like a green volcano! I really think I want to grow no other kind from now on, and that is why I wanted so much to clone it

I just wonder if it will grow like a new plant, or continue on it’s way as an old top

By the way, that mattress is just being stored there it’s a new one, I don’t sleep on the floor