Time to harvest?

The perennial question … but I have conflicting interests. My Northern Lights was doing well, nice colas. One of two got nice orange pistils early and had good trichomes, but the second plant still has white pistils. But all the leaves are turning yellow. I expected this at the end of the bloom phase, but this is starting to worry me. I’m told to stop nutes for the last two weeks and I wonder if the poor plant is just dying. I used proper ph water and Fox Farms Big Bloom at the end. Ocean Forest potting soil. The plant that got harvested also had all yellow leaves, and the stems were rubbery, which seemed bad. Leaf indications suggest low potassium, but what do I do now? Fertilize late in the game and try to hang on and get the pistils to turn? Or call it a day and harvest with white pistils?

Farming ain’t easy.

2 Likes

With all those white pistols it looks like you have a few more weeks to go yet. What do the trichomes look like? (I.E. cloudy, clear or amber)
If it were me I would give her another feeding and ride it out a few more weeks but would wait for some more opinions first.

Trichomes look milky.

1 Like

Nope to early still white Tri Combs

1 Like

Definitely wait, in my opinion.

:v::evergreen_tree::evergreen_tree:

1 Like

And should I not worry that all the leaves are yellow?

1 Like

Nope, that’s natural. She’s eating herself, slowly dying. Plants will pack on weight and produce resins in their final weeks of growth. I’d wait a week. It’s all normal and looks great dude!

A light feeding might be good for her though, I’m not a soil guy so wait until the big dogs roll in with some advice!

:v::evergreen_tree::evergreen_tree:

3 Likes

Go to a real light feeding and begin your flush for the next 10 days -
1/5 the normal

2 Likes

Based on the look of your pistils you are still actively flowering. I would hit it with a bloom nutrient that has around 5% soluble N in it. This is assuming proper ph of your input water/nutes. If you haven’t yet: you should check calibration because that could be the whole problem.

3 Likes