Starting First Grow Ever

@Lia, what strain did that for you… I sprouted on April 9, had them on 18/6 until May 8th… They must have started flowering since then but this is my first grow so I had no idea what to look for, unless I was sent autos which I did not order… I bought seeds from another vendor not ILGM… May just let them go and get some experience out of it?

2 Likes

Well then congratulations on your first speedy grow! Definitely a learning experience :sunglasses:

2 Likes

Not a stupid question at all!

A photo will stop flowering if the darkness is reduced and an auto will keep flowering no matter what you do.

1 Like

@bob31 @Countryboyjvd1971, mDw the decision this morning to just go with it, I flipped the bloom switch on my viparspectra 900 watt led… Next watering will be week 5 of ff trio schedule which will include the tiger bloom liquid… Gonna learn all I can before my next grow of the ILGM seeds

1 Like

sometimes @Zombo you gotta just go for it! I would have done the same, but I think it is better that you weighed it out and made the decision!

1 Like

@bob31… Yeah, thought about not last night and figured not mess w/ time schedule which may stress the plant more… I’ll just grow the girls and see what I can yield out of them… Gonna wing it! Only thing is not sure if going to the 14-10 light schedule did anything or as Rey autos?
On my next grow, not sure if I should use the 14/10? @Countryboyjvd1971, I know CB was interested in how that schedule turns out

ILGM white widow. I just figured nature gradually decreases the light, so that’s what I tried. Worked fine.

1 Like

I was running that light schedule for veg, them was gonna switch to 12/12 but the plants went into flowering. @Lia

@lia I thought you were 10 on 14 off and @Zombo was 14 on and 10 off

Just clarifying.?

1 Like

Yep, 10 hours of light, 14 hours of dark. But 80 says ago it was the reverse – I didn’t switch to 12/12 right away; I actually started flowering by switching from 18/6 to 14/10. I changed it to genuinely 12/12 about halfway through, when there were budlets. Now it 10/14, and I’ve read that that’s the absolute minimum light you can give them.

But the buds that have gotten the most light are the ones with the most amber, so maybe more light is better? This might be a terrible idea. We’ll know in a couple of days.

sorry @Zombo was busy over the weekend just saw this lol
If they are Autos they will do what they want you’ll just need to govforvthe ride as far as nutes I would feed them flowering nutes as per week five on schedule
Looks like the peeps got you though
Woohoo
Looking great bro and I don’t think it’s was the light schedule that set them off most likely a auto strain as @bob31 suggested
Happy growing brother :v:CB

1 Like

@Countryboyjvd1971… Hi CB… It’s the weirdest thing, just gonna run with it now… I will give week 5 schedule starting later this week… Should I need to get a cal/mag solution? Or at least have it on hand?

I keep it in hand and have needed it @Zombo so I will say yes others will tell you including fox farms that it’s not need with the trio but I have found with my Gorilla glue at least that I’ve needed to add it early in in veg not so much once in full flower
If it where me I would get a small bottle and keep it on shelf with the rest of your arsenal lol
I like to be prepared and not have to scramble myself at the last minute :thinking:
The ssh didn’t seem to need it at all to be honest
Did you order those seeds from another seed bank or where they gifted to you ? Not that it matters I’m just wondering but what the hell she is ready to build big buds hahahahaha why complain :+1:
I love this part myself I find myself starring at my buds all the time lol😁

@Countryboyjvd1971, yeah I bought 5 NL fem from another vendor, they were suppose to be photos? Maybe someone put in wrong package?.. Or it’s the 14/10 but you said it probably wasn’t that… I have 3 other mystery plants going in same tent an they have been on 14/10 but they are younger plants yet… Have no idea what they are? Male/ female etc… I may buy some cal mag… Any certain brands you like? Have a good day bro

I’m I use the bonicare brand but I’m not sure it matters I’ve been useing the same bottle for two grows and I have enough for at least two more but I think I’m only doing gold leaf next grow and I may not need it at all
I’ve never grown them do I don’t know what they what yet
You only use 5ml per gallon at max and 3ml per Gallon at low end as per mfg so a small bottle will last you a while
I’m thinking they gave you Autos by accident bro
All good like you said just go with it lol

1 Like

Thx for info @Countryboyjvd1971… I fimmed both those plants a few weeks ago, if they are autos, would that be a problem?

I’ll say no
@garrigan62 just did a test grow on Autos where he cloned them and everything was fine
Hope he’ll jump in and confirm this
I’ve never grown Autos myself so I don’t have the experience
I will be dropping a few auto beans this week a friend gifted me a few I’m just waiting to receive them hopefully today

1 Like

@Zombo how many weeks are you from gemination? I am tending to agree with @Countryboyjvd1971 that you were sent autos.

They popped out on April 9, then on May 8 I changed light schedule from 18/6… Thought those little pods were pre flowers as I have never grown before but they are buds that are growing!.. I checked packaging from seeds that were sent and it says Northern Lights Fem with female symbol on it… But like Bob and CB said… May have been error of person who packages seeds… All my plans have been changed now, gonna let them do their thing and harvest, when? I’ll play it by ear and send photos to you folks lol

My autos showed preflower week 5 seems a bit too long for an auto. perhaps the swutch from 16 to 14 hours on flipped them.

1 Like