Rookie's first run

(edited)
I’m cookin right along side of your my friend.
First foliar feeding today about two hours before lights on…

This run I flipped my light schedule so they are running more late afternoon/over night and off during the day when the house is warmer. Having them come on at ~1:30pm and run through ~7:30am. I can’t get to them to foliar spray unless it’s the weekend.

Do you think it would be OK to foliar feed an hour after lights out and 5 hours before they come on…? I’m thinking it wouldn’t be the best schedule as the plants should be “resting” during lights out - as opposed to absorbing/storing nutes…? Throw that same question out there for @dbrn32 @bob31 @Hogmaster @Wishingilivedina420state @AnneBonny @Laurap @Familyman420 @Niala @Rugar89 - thanks for your thoughts.

@Countryboyjvd1971 - edited reply because I just re-read your post and you are foliar feeding 5hrs before as well. Very cool. :sunglasses:

Realistically it’s probably going to be the best I can do with the current light schedule and me getting out of here to go make some money.

New to foiliar feeding and want to make sure I don’t create any issues with deploying it regularly within the tent.

Thanks man!!

3 Likes

Personally I’ve never used the foliar spray but you’ve tagged Bob & cb, they’re Awesome!

1 Like

@RookieReefer I make compost tea by filling a wheel barrel that i have a hole in with rubber plug with my finished compost then fill to the brim with water let soak for a week atleast in the driveway. Then pull plug and drain threw a screen into big rubbermade totes with airstones. Let brew another 2-3 days with the air stones bubbling away. Water down with collected rain water and spray my vegtable garden. Work good. This will be first try on cannabis, im going to go every other time with comp. Tea and the stuff from NOTG nutes

1 Like

Yessir. You just want to allow the leaves time to dry out before lights come back on. At or after lights out is the ideal time to foliar feed.

1 Like

Sweet man thanks.
After re-reading cb’s note I see he’s on pretty much that same schedule - so I’ll add that to the girls daily routine.

I was worried about all of that moisture in the tent with significantly less circulation for such a long time. I do run a low cfm fan during lights out - but it’s not much.

Thanks Again to all!!!

1 Like

@RookieReefer I haven’t used foliar spray except on sprouts. @dbrn32 is right on the money as to when to do it!

2 Likes

Cb definitely has his stuff together, I wouldn’t hesitate to take his advice anywhere he’s willing to give it.

2 Likes

Like I said I’m cookin right along side of my upstate ny friend and trying to take his lead/advice (and from a few others) on Just about everything.

Told ya baby these guys are the bomb!

1 Like

agreed. :+1:

1 Like

Tent is filling up quickly - a lot quicker than I thought - the autos are flowering like mad and the photos are getting so wide things are tight and that’s after pulling two of them to continue vegging in my starter pit under the 4’ 6500k leds…

Pics were taken literally minutes after lights on - and about two hours after their first foliar feeding so there is still some moisture on the leaves.
092317 Tent

The stems on the photos are as thick now as the finished plants of my first run… Insert Mykos/Azos plug here.

One of the Amnesia Haze shot up and may have stretched a bit (probably more when she was under the cfl’s and before I added the 2nd led) - but they are all budding like crazy (still small buds but hey they look a lot better than they did two weeks ago).
Northern Light (runt of the litter)

Blueberry

Amnesia Haze
092317 Autos

The three autos that I dropped into that cheapo hydro unit seem to be the best of the five autos.

Why do I love my wife…?
I’ll tell you reason #103:
This afternoon when I went down after lights on, she asked to come down and see the plants - she hasn’t seen them since like a month ago… I open the tent and she looks at me and says “oh my god, are WE going to need a bigger tent.?”. She rarely indulges. Love that woman.

I forsee a much needed upgrade in the near future.

Time to separate the autos/photos. I’ve ordered one of the GalaxyHydro 300w leds that have been mentioned in previous posts (@dbrn32). Finish the autos under the 450w with the Bloom function enabled within my starter pit (Amazon says new led will be here Monday). That will let me spread the photos out in the tent under two 300w leds and prep for scrogging (trelis net arrives weds).

@Countryboyjvd1971 #seaofbud

6 Likes

First grow one tent. Second grow two tents & only have room for one more. Kudos to wife! Your girls look really good!

4 Likes

Tent Updates…(edited because I wrote this when I was really tired…)

The 2nd 300w LED and Pronet came today…
I was surprised in the difference in light between the Viparspectra (right side) and the new GalaxyHydro (left side). @dbrn32 Whats your opinion on using two different spectrum lights in the same scrog setup…? Did I eff up…? @Countryboyjvd1971 Set my net 28" off the floor and just touching the tallest if the girls… I have no idea what the hell I’m doing - I just hope I don’t hurt these plants when I start man-handling/bending them…

092517 Tent

Plants are just over 5 weeks old.
Germ’d - 08/16
Planted - 08/18

2nd feeding of the Nectar yesterday.

Enjoy!

6 Likes

Not at all.

By theory, the heavier red spectrum should produce heavier buds and the more blue spectrum of the viparspectra should produce a little more resin. You’ll get to see for yourself.

A lot of members come down to the two when selecting lights. You should have a pretty good example of how the perform against each other.

3 Likes

Sweet.

Thanks for that man.

1 Like

@RookieReefer as they pop out of net just tuck the under to next opening may take a day or two for them to reach the next set of holes lol
I don’t weave my self I pull the endback under and move it over to next opening
@dbrn32 is spot on with the colors and both light will will for full grow one just ma be better suited for flower or veg as stated but I use my galaxy hydros form seedlings on ?

4 Likes

@Laurap @Countryboyjvd1971 @dbrn32 @Oldstoner @Wishingilivedina420state @Niala @bob31 @Familyman420 @AnneBonny @MattyBear

Why buy another tent when you can build a better room right…?
Things were just getting crazy down in the tent so we spent the last two days carving out a 5’x6’x88" high grow room out of our downstairs storage room… For pretty much what I was going to spend on a “larger tent” we built a permanent room.
093017 Room with Scrog

093017 Room with Lights

093017 Room Light Bar

So far the plants are loving their new space.

Concrete wall and floor are painted extra bright white. Three walls are wrapped in 1" thick hardboard insulation and the ceiling has R19 fiberglass insulation covered by reflectix 1/4". Added two pvc light bars and wired in two separate circuits just for this room. Right now I’m using my sons’s 5000btu A/C to keep the room at exactly 68 degrees. (2) 300w LED’s and (4) 4’ 6400k LEDs for lighting right now. I’ll swap out the 4’ LEDs with a 450w LED as soon as my autos finish inside the tent (they look awesome),

New room - new scrog frame. Took CB’s advice and raised my frame to 30". My max height for lights will be about 72" - so I am hoping that the remaining 42" will leave me with enough space between the lights and the tops as they grow up thru the netting.

I went a little smaller with the ipower 4" carbon filter/fan unit. @ 190cfm it’s just under the total cubic feet of the room at ~210 sq ft. Between the A/C and a 10" 10,000RPM muffin fan I mounted in the lower corner of the wall there is plenty of fresh air making it’s way into the room.

Last thing to do this weekend is build the insulated door.

Enjoy!

8 Likes

Looks like you did a very good job!

One thing I’m not 100% sure about, is keeping the Temps that low under the led lights. I don’t have the scientific answer, but I believe it has something to do with plant respiration. Any way, I’ve always seemed to do a little better in upper 70’s to low 80’s during lights on, with target being 76-78. When I was trying to pull some color, I would look to lower lights off temp. But that’s about it. I wouldn’t go as far as to suggest you change anything, but maybe see how this grow turns out and keep in mind for future grows.

1 Like

I’m with @dbrn32 I was thinking 75 degrees would be optimal!

Otherwise the room looks great! Nicely done! @RookieReefer

2 Likes

Wow @RookieReefer That is pretty impressive! Congrats on a job well done.

1 Like