Rookie grow- the adventure begins!

@Ray4x damn your girls grow like crazy I had a slow start cos of lightning so they weren’t growing like they should but mines are 5 days old since I got the light right . What are you water in with ?

@Ocean_grower

Just filtered water for now. pH is just below 7… I’ll start having to pH up or down when I start nutes

Actually bud I would start getting my ph in line at between 6.2 and 6.5 asap so they are ready to accept and take up the nutrients as soon as needed . I have a unorthodox grow style and have lost and will loose more plants in the future Im sure but the one thing I try to never do is give them water out of ph range . Some dont pay much attention to it and I dont check runoff but so many issues start with a ph imbalance I just dont risk it. As a PS.at two week those look great and are really starting to grow

2 Likes

Tagging you in bro!

@Crackindaflesh

Right on bro! Looks great man,would hate to have to deal with that socal heat… I’ll be riding your coattail forsure

1 Like

@Niala- my lighting expert… quick question.

I got the 600W Viparspectra and a 1000W jeteven light. The Vipar has the bloom and Veg switch but the other one does not. Should I just be running the Veg switch only at this point or does it really not matter?

2 Likes

@Ray4x
I would like to hear @Niala opinion as well.
I also have separate Veg/Bloom switches. I’m only running Veg.

1 Like

Imo, the bloom switch is good for ripening, the last week or 2 of flowering stage… So both switch should be “on”, the veg and the bloom to match the full spectrum of the jeteven… @Ray4x @Rugar89

Hope that’s respond to your question…

~Al :v: :innocent:

4 Likes

@Ray4x looking good brother! I agree with @Oldstoner. If there’s one thing I’ve learned from this site, it’s that pH is equally if not more important than light.

1 Like

@Niala

So just keep them both on?

What if I was only running the vipar? Just out of curiosity…

1 Like

Yes, both switch veg and bloom and since they are still young, you can easily just go with the Viparspectra, for now and adjust with the other one when time come to have a more coverage needed.

Hoping that’s respond to your question and helping you, @Ray4x

1 Like

@Niala

Yes it does! Thanks!

I think @Rugar89 and are I both wondering though if I’m only running the Vipar… what setting should it be on right now? Veg only?

2 Likes

@Ray4x, the bloom switch is made for delivering more red spectrum and this is not just for the flowering stage. The plant will absorb it and use it in the photosynthesis processus and benefit from it at all stage of growth.

So both switch on, the veg and the bloom…:grinning:

~Al :innocent: :v:

3 Likes

Sorry @Niala… another follow up question.

Should I have the 2 lights at the same height? They are both pulling about the same true wattage.

1 Like

Don’t be sorry, I am happy to help a fellow grower :grinning:

True wattage is not what’s to be consider, lumens and PAR are THE things to take in consideration and the full spectrum, of course :wink:

The difference in lumens and PAR is most probably not enough to make a significant difference, so the same height will most probably not make any difference, unless one of your light is much more intense, like 3-4 times more bright , like one produce 10 000 lumens and the other one is producing 30-40 000 lumens. That will be another story, but I doubt it in your case.

Then, the same height should not cause problem, @Ray4x

3 Likes

You’re the man!

I knew I could count on you for my lighting question!

1 Like

Thanks and you’re welcome :grinning::innocent:

2 Likes

Ok so I am sending my 2x4 tent back to Amazon and upgraded to a 4x4x80 tent. I decided I was going to need the height and the extra space. I got it all set up today and got the intake vent running as well. Got both lights hung! I have them at 30" right now but I will see how the respond. More watts then they’ve had before. Also got my pH meter today. The water was initially 7.5 and I brought it down to 6.5. The runoff was 5.5… do you guys think that is a good range?? (I’m just learning about this pH thing)

Also the 2 lights seem to be at different spectrums. Do you think as long as I keep rotating the plants, that they should be fine?

Last question- I got 10 gal smart pots, when should
I look to transplant?

@Rugar89 @Ocean_grower @bob31 @Oldstoner @Crackindaflesh @Countryboyjvd1971 @daz49 @Niala @Hogmaster @Stoner_Cody420

Here are some pics of the new setup and a quick shot of the girls.

6 Likes

@Ray4x

Your PH is the same as my tap water at 7.5
I don’t change it. I go in at 7.5 and run off is 6.5 using FFOF. This was on my outside grow. I haven’t checked the inside grow yet.
You want to be 6.3 to 6.8 run off.

10 gallon pots for inside grow?

Looks like a nice set up!

2 Likes

I would definitely get run off ph up @Ray4x
Run off at 5.5 tell you your going to have issues if not correct now
So I would try doing as @Rugar89 does and water with out adjusting and see if you ph of run off is around the 6.5 mark
Normally I wouldn’t suggest you water with above 7 ph but you need that full point so👍
Set up looks good brother you’ll be happy to have more room

3 Likes