Rookie grow- the adventure begins!

@Rugar89

Yeah that’s what I was thinking too. (The pictures were before watering by the way). I haven’t watered to the point of run off yet, but I will do that tomorrow and they should be good until I get home Sunday.

Let’s hope…

Since your soil has never been soaked, its going to want to collapse the top layer down to compact the soil below because it hasn’t been wet deep yet. So pour slow and don’t soak all at once. A little every few mins. @Ray4x

@daz49

Tagging you into my journal. Still in the early stages!

Looking very sweet, I have 2 at that stage, yours probably a little further along than mine, you wanna see ? I would have given you likes but I’m outta likes so I just tell you I like your set up and your doing well bro

Your looking good to me maybe get light a bit closer to stop them from streaching any more
But in general lolking good
And I would do what @Nug-bug said with the lights :+1: Put both in the tent around week three end of two
From seed

1 Like

@Countryboyjvd1971

I moved them down and it seems to have stopped the stretching. They did most of their stretching before I got them in the tent.

@daz49

Yeah I’d love to see where your new babies are at! You going to start a journal for that grow too?

1 Like

Here they are, 1 is ww and 1 is ssh

They look like the same plant but here’s my flower garden for them and this flower garden can take them vegging upto 2 ft
And here just for you is my latest clone that I’ve taken
I did realise they were so blurry, try this

2 Likes

Ok so just got back from the weekend away. Lights went on at 4pm and I checked on them at 4:15 lol.

Temp in the tent was 104! I think the new Vispar is throwing more heat than my other light… something to consider I guess.

Besides that the soil was dry but the girls looked good! They’ve added a couple new sets of leaves. It appears as though the leaves were reaching up for the light so I think with the less powered light I needed to lower it a bit- which I did.

With the visparspectra it has a Veg and Bloom light- I heard somewhere to just keep them both on all the time… anybody have any thoughts on that??

@Rugar89
@daz49
@Nug-bug
@Ron330
@bob31
@Countryboyjvd1971
@Stoner_Cody420

3 Likes

Do 18/6 That’s way to much light for them little plants! @Ray4x

2 Likes

I do 18 -6 in veg bro

1 Like

@Stoner_Cody420 @daz49

I’m on 18/6 right now. Off at 10am and on at 4pm. I have them off mid-day to help with the heat.

2 Likes

@Ray4x
I had one day last week that the tent temp got to 107deg.
Having your fans blow up under the light seems to help a little with the heat.

Girls are looking good! When my leaves were doing exactly that is when I started lowering my light.

Mine has both a Veg and bloom switch on it. I’ve been running only the Veg. switch.

Mine are still under the humidity dome when the lights are out keeping the RH between 70 and 80%
During light on I take the dome off a few hours each day and let the fans blow lightly on the girls to help strengthen their stems, and dry the pots out a little. Watering to slight run off every other day.

1 Like

They are looking great, your doing well, I want to get another tent and different lights to make a veg room, I have stuff all round the cottage atm and after goldy I want to try to have it all in 1 room, my own special room, how about you my friend @Ray4x

@daz49

Luckily there was a little room built into the garage when we bought the house and I’m using that for my setup. Eventually I would love to have a Veg and a flower tent but just the one for now. I have 20 White Widow seeds that I just got from ILGM but I want to wait a little bit to see how this first grow works out. I’m only really growing for the fun and for personal use so I don’t need too much. I’m thinking of making either cannabutter or some sort of oil with the clippings. My wife is a great baker and figured she can put it to awesome use! Haha

2 Likes

Yeah that’s good then deffinetly don’t want to cook em lol I never had a heat problem as southern Michigan don’t get to hot it’s been low 60s to the upper 70s here thank goodness tho because the plants here probably wouldn’t be able to handle that kind of heat that’d be my luck lol

I have a thread for canabutter and a few recipes, you want me to tag you in it or you may have seen it,and I’m growing just for personal use and for medication, as soon as I’ve got a few decent grows behind me to try to stock up a bit I’ll be fine, but 1 plant at a time I’m growing, harvesting and running out till the next but it’s all part of it a bro

@daz49

Yeah tag me over to that cannabutter thread!

I didn’t want to overdo it on my first grow. But I also feel like there’s a high failure rate- so that’s why I have 3 going. I actually germinated 4 but one died off early.

1 Like

Yeah each of my grows I’ve tried more seeds at once, just don’t get a high germination rate atm and tagged you brother

Evening Update 6/28

The girls are officially 2 weeks old since they sprouted. And they’ve never looked better!

I’ve got the lighting to what appears to be the sweet spot. I may have had them a little too close and can see what looks to be a little light burn on a few of the leaves. But since I’ve moved it up there hasn’t been any changes. They seem to be growing new sets of leaves every time I look at them! The temps have been better this week and the AC is keeping the room cooler and my tent temps have been around 80-90 for the most part.

Group shot:

Shirley (a little light burn):

Bobbi (A little light burn as well):

Wanda (Looks a little overwatered- going to let it dry out a bit)

Let me know your thoughts!

@Rugar89
@Countryboyjvd1971
@Ron330
@daz49
@Ocean_grower
@GetbackJoJo
@bob31
@Stoner_Cody420
@Nug-bug
@Oldstoner

9 Likes

looking good… I see a bit of brown on a couple of leaves, not experienced enough to know what it is. But water drops act like magnifying glass to the lights, so if it is light burn, the resting droplets on the leaves probably are not helping…

1 Like