Rick Simpson Oil Anyone Make It?

I have a rice cooker .

I thought dry ice method was to just put material in a bucket,put dry ice on top of it and then put bag on top and shake upside down

Not dry ice just regular ice. Depending on how much stuff you have maybe two bays of ice the colder the better, but on the other hand you could use dry ice I suppose.

Will

Oh your talking about bubble hash,thereā€™s another way I saw like I explained that supposedly makes way more and is much easier called dry ice method

Have you tried the dry ice method?
could you place the dry ice in the water and stir with the drill?

Will

Iā€™ve tryed product from the dry ice method but never have tryed doing it myself.the video I saw on you tube the guy just put material in a 5 gallon bucket and then put dry ice in with it and put a bubble bag upside down and just sliped it over the lip of the bucket so when you turn bucket upside down to shake the bag is now right side up and you just shake.in the video the guy got a massive quantity,like 40 grams off of just trimmings,but I will tell you it is just like keif from a grinder or keif box,but itā€™s good,youā€™ll definitely be floating in space for a while

I was up all night trimming my ladies and I have well over a pound of leaf matter. But first Iā€™ll dry it out first and try half and see what i come up with and thank you Cash for your input. Dry ice sweeeeet. Lol

Will

1 Like

I donā€™t know if any of you guys are still making the stuff but I have been making products for cancer patients for several years I started in 2007 and have had many trial and error oppurtunities with lots of different methods if there is any questions or anybody needs advice on what would be the best method just let me know. although the topic of this thread is for the Rick Simpson oil my opinion on the dry ice method is that it is best suited for taking large quantities of trim and concentrating the cannabinoids into a hash powder for making oil or edibles. I would not recommend it for making smoke able hash as the quality is usually in the lower 40% where as ice water hash is usually in the higher 70% resin content.

2 Likes

I make both and would rather make hash with ice and my five bubble bags.
I did the oil uselng the rice cooker and 100% alcohol cost a lot really didnā€™t come out that well but I wasnā€™t during quality green either. Item saying with making hash I LOVE HASHā€¦LOL

B SAFE
WILL

I made RSO with 99.9% Isopropyly Alcohol and a rice cooker from six ounces of Gold Leaf. I made the oil to fight liver cancer awaiting a transplant. I must test negative for cannabis for insurance to cover the operation. I have two months to be retested. How do I store the RO and fpr how long ill it remain active?

I Believe you can store it in the fridge. Not to cold. I just remembered yes you can put them in there. Just not in the freezers. And theā€™ll be there when your ready.
Hope this helps

Be Safe
Will

Sorry for dropping off the face of the world. Quite a battle but I can now again tend the gardens. Not sure why (cutting back on feed?) but both chambers are amazing.

1 Like

You can also use ever clear instead of alcohol. Rice cooker is best dont use crockpot .

1 Like

Everclear is food grade Ethel alcohol, with anything else you can only use topical not smoked/vaped. Its the safest.

You can find very high proof ethanol, such as 190 & 200 proof on Amazon, now! :grinning: Better than Ever Clear for extracts, just because itā€™ll evaporate off cleaner (not much water or other stuff in the solvent).

I wouldnā€™t buy CBD from Amazon. They sell only hemp seed oil.

A rice cooker works by bringing the temps up, then allowing them to drop. You do not need a rice cooker to make RSO. RSO is simply a QWET that is heated to BOIL away the fluid, leaving behind a thick black tar.

1 Like

I use 1 oz. And get approx. 5 ccs. Get Everclear from liquor store. 99% alcohol. BE VERY CAREFUL. THE FUMES COMING OFF OF YOUR COOKING ARE FLAMMABLE!
I did mine in a no stick skillet on my carport with a fan blowing out. Itā€™s really easy to make. Check out some of the RSO making videos on YouTube.

1 Like

I have a question blackthumbbetty, you seem to know quite a bit about this :blush:Iā€™m new to making tinc and rso ā€¦ I made some tinc using 190 everclear and a 1/2 z of decarbed ecto cooler ā€¦ I reduced with heat a little and jarred it and put it in a cool dark place ā€¦ I noticed that there are dark spots on the bottom of the jarā€¦ ( oil)? Should I shake it up and continue to reduce it? Whatā€™s the best way to do it ? On a slim budget ā€¦I appreciate any input ā€¦

The dark spots are the actual oil.

I just bought Ricks book a few moments ago, it helps him out financially from his stroke. A Good man. Worth the $50 for his book. Get well soon Rick. Thanks for what you have done for humanity. Your an angel.

2 Likes

If you are going to make RS Oil consistently, use pure ethanol and learn to make your own with this:

https://milehidistilling.com/product/3-gallon-with-2-inch-mighty-mini-dual-purpose-tower/

This 3 gallon still will take you quite a few runs to get a gallon or more of pure ethanol to use making oil.
But you donā€™t just waste the alcohol evaporating it away, you distill it again and recapture your ethanol.
Your oil will remain in your 3 gallon boiling pot. There will be water in there with it.
Pour it out right after distilling to recapture your alcohol while it is still hot.
There wonā€™t be hardly any alcohol left in it, so you just boil off the rest of the water leaving the oil.
Much safer than evaporating any type of volatile solvent!

This little stainless steel still with refluxing tower will allow you to make 90+% ethanol from any homemade wine recipe you make. Like growing there is a learning curve to figure out, but once you get your processes worked out it is simple and inexpensive. The Oil you make will never have used any toxic solvents, only pure food grade ethanol so it is very clean. :sunglasses:

4 Likes