Nitrogen toxicity after feeding nutes

Yes, it really brings tbe ph down that far. For me it goes to 4.8-5.5. @Cliffs this is why we as members always say to check it before adding it. It can cause serious catastrophic issues in the grow later on.

Thanks guys for the rapid response.

To all get on the same page…

MY tap water is 6.5 deadon tested by the town I live in.

I always check the levels before I water and it matches the color range consistently.

I just never checked pH AFTER adding nutes, and that is as covertgrower said…

It can cause serious “” issues in the grow later on

It looks like tomorrow is going to be a water day, now should I add 1/2 strength nutes or wait?

My problem with waiting is the 2 week window before harvest that we should go to straight water.

Not sure how close to that window of time i am at and don’t want to unnecessarily nute

@Covertgrower
@bob31
@Countryboyjvd1971
@Myfriendis410
@VelcroThumb

2 Likes

Looking at the pictures from 4 days ago, you have another 4 weeks to go.

This is what you’re looking for.

5 Likes

Do you think mine are going to get close to that big?

I’d love that.

So I should nute?

1 Like

Your cola size is based on environmental conditions lighting, nutrients etc. lighting I think is one of the largest factors in cola size. @Cliffs you still have a ways to go yet, don’t deorive her of nutrients yet. There are several reasons for straight water the last weeks. You want them to use up all the stored nutrients, this is debatable based on the type of nutrients you use. (All opinions) I would say it can’t hurt. Your thoughts to add to this @Myfriendis410 I haven’t had coffee and I’m not thinking just yet. Lol

3 Likes

I’d say you covered it!

@Cliffs, the point of that picture is to give you an idea of what a mature and ready to harvest plant looks like. If you have a good environment for them and listen to what they want, you’ll get buds like that.

It is almost a given that a new grower will harvest too early. I’m as guilty of it as anyone else here haha!

Yes, stay on your nutrient schedule and when you forecast 2 weeks to harvest, start a water only regimen.

3 Likes

Okay then, thanks again and hopefully these ladies will perk up a bit after I nute them tomorrow.

My questions were related to the pH going down after adding nutes to the water, I’m positive now.

1 Like

This is way harder than I thought it would be.

I nuted 11 days ago and then watered 4 days later.

Today the leaves are curling up and turning brown.

Everything I can find says nute burn yet, I feed only 1/2 strength and give just water every other watering.

@Covertgrower
@bob31
@Countryboyjvd1971
@Myfriendis410
@VelcroThumb

2 Likes

@Cliffs can u post a pic?

2 Likes

@Cliffs please post a picture

2 Likes

Let’s get back to basics. You said earlier that you had never checked the PH after adding nutes. I assume you are now adjusting PH after you add the nutes. What are you adjusting it to? I.e. what PH is the water you are feeding with?

Have you gotten a run-off reading (you are in soil, right)? What is it?

Can you tell us exactly how you are mixing your nutrients? What are you putting in, how much, etc.

And please post a pic of the plant as of today.

3 Likes

I personally think your having issues cause your not using a digital ph meter the drops leave to much to interpretation and imo are not accurate enough @Cliffs
Ill suspect its a ph imbalance in soil you say your olny feeding half strength nutrients so i sont see how you can be nute burning them ?
How far away are your lights ?

4 Likes

I agree, the range is too great to know exactly what the ph is. 1 color could mean the low end of the range or the high end. Too much variable

2 Likes

If the user has been in lockout due to ph then salts would accumulate that would otherwise be soluble. The moment you hit the sweet spot ph then ALL of the locked out nutes are available. I suspect that’s what is happening.

Flush.

4 Likes

I second @Countryboyjvd1971 and @Bogleg statements.

1 Like

first the pics

I assume you are now adjusting PH after you add the nutes. What are you adjusting it to? I.e. what PH is the water you are feeding with?

Color range 6.5 - 7.0

pH going in is 6.5

Have you gotten a run-off reading (you are in soil, right)? What is it?

Yes soil and the pH is coming out close to what is going in —BY COLOR

As for nutes, I am using General Hydroponics:

Flora Micro recommended is 2 tsp, I am using 1 tsp - it also goes in the water 1st

Flora Bloom recommended is 3 tsp, I am using 1.5 tsp

Flora Gro recommended is 1 tsp, I am using 1/2 tsp.

Digital pH meter is definitely on list for next grow.

Lights are 18 inches from top of tallest plant. Therfore 18 to 24 inches away.

I test water before I add nutes for pH and then after adding and adjust to proper color range.

@Covertgrower
@bob31
@Countryboyjvd1971
@Myfriendis410
@VelcroThumb

2 Likes

Does it feel hot if you put your hand at canopy level from the light? Just double checking. @Cliffs

2 Likes

Could be just me but i def see a mag def as per the chart

1 Like

No it does not feel hot. As a matter of testing it, it isn’t all that hot 6 inches from the lightbulb housing, either.

1 Like

@Bogleg @Covertgrower @Countryboyjvd1971
@Cliffs also, if you are in soil, i think you are overfeeding.

If it says recommended 3tsp that means 15ml. On the gh chart the highest ml it gives is 5 or 6

@cliffs i think you may have misread. The measurements are in ml not tsp

4 Likes