Nitrogen toxicity after feeding nutes

@bob31

Here ya go:

1 Like

@Cliffs bring me back up yo speed how old
And how much and how often have you been feeding
Also have you flushed the soil like ff recommends ?

1 Like

What’s your temp?

11 weeks Thursday and flowering since Nov 1

What feeding schedule do you use? Water feed water feed?

Been working out to every 3 days water but last 3 times I was feeding also…so go to w-f-w-f every 3 days should help?

They are dry but not desert dry…a lot lighter than when I water to runoff.

Mid 60s over night and low 70s day

1 Like

Your plant might be accessing N that was previously locked out and causing the symptoms you see. You might just want to give ph water for a couple of weeks or until you see some changes.

2 Likes

I would do as @Myfriendis410 and just ph water fir next couple of watering stop feeding fir now
See if they recover
I water water feed with foxfarms my self and works out to one feeding a week in veg and two in flower since they drink and eat more suring that time
@Cliffs

And just to note, when they say “see if they recover” they mean new growth - the leaves that are clawed will likely remain that way.

3 Likes

Excellent point @Bogleg

Not sure where the excess N is coming from as I haven’t used more than 1/2 recommended at any time and only a few feeds of nutes I have done

If you had a nute lock out condition the n would stack up in soil @Cliffs since the plant wasnt able to up take nutrients properly
Jave you been flushing I suspect not since you said you only feed a few times

To be honest, I thought I flushed too often…at least every 10 days.

Ok that sounds excessive once every 4 weeks using ff according to thier schedule
im now thinking your starving the plants you need to get ppm of run off so we can determine how much nutrients you have in soil flushing will wash away your nutrients

2 Likes

My bad, checked my journal and I have flushed just twice since start…I mistook just using water and no nutes as a form of flushing. Countryboyjvd1971

Ok thats better you didnt flush lol no watering is ok i water till o get eun off usually around a gallon or so in my five gallon pots then let dry out a few days
Before next watering or feeding
With fox farms i feed water water feed
I feed full streaght nutes always adjusting as needed to meet plants needs giving more or less of the mix mix but i don’t feed partial nutes ever
this ensures the plants get all required elements and minerals

1 Like

So, having read that, my next watering is probably Thursday/Friday, I should then nute and the next watering just water?

And how much nutes?

Also, does adjusting pH before/after adding nutes lock out nutes? Countryboyjvd1971

You should alway adjust ph after adding nutrients
Nutrients will almost always lower you ph when added to water
I would get a ph and ppm reading of your run off next watering
Tbis will help me gauge if we need ro feed or not
so hold off on the feeding right now @Cliffs
Here the feeding schedule for foxfarms

1 Like

Being first grow, I haven’t invested in any extra tools of the trade.

Bought a 3 way “cheap” meter from HoldAll.

It reads, pH, moisture and light.

pH reading starts at 7 on everything, if I add pH down the needle moves into the 6’s.

However, I have been using the add 3 drop match the color chart before this and pH has been around 6.5 according to the charts.

The reason I post this…You should always adjust ph after adding nutrients.

I checked the pH of the 6.5 water I added nutes to and the pH was 3.0.

It took 1/2 tsp of pH UP to bring it back in to the 6.5 range.

Is that too much additional chemicals to be adding and/or does nuting really knock pH levels down that much?

IF SO, that has been my problem from the adding nutes stage as I never checked the pH level after adding nutes, therefore I was putting REALLY low pH water on my plants.

Oh yeah, that cheapo meter, it is going back to the store with a never recommend review.

@Covertgrower
@bob31
@Countryboyjvd1971
@Myfriendis410
@VelcroThumb

@Cliffs yes, most nutes bring down the ph levels, so you should always check ph after adding nutes

The way I read it is you ph’d to 6.5, added nutes then ph again? Only adjust after nutrients are added. If your water is soft (100 ppm) the addition of nutrients to that water will bring you to 5.8 to 6.0.

Buy a digital ph meter! That 3 way is only useful for checking moisture levels. The drops are only accurate within a range. And remember that .1 change on the scale is 10 TIMES AS ACIDIC OR ALKALINE!

1 Like