New Member 1st Grow!

Watching that thread lol. I have the sample pack too, waiting for opportunity to try it out. I’ve been very happy with the earth juice as well, but local shops only have a couple of the bottles I use. Price is fair on the nog, so I will probably move that way as well.

1 Like

I prefer that method. It’s not to say that trimming them is a huge deal, but you get the same result with less stress.

In the future if you get into cloning, that’s an excellent opportunity to snip a few clones as well.

2 Likes

@VelcroThumb I would leave them until you flip the light schedule and only if they look yellowish. Sometimes they die off anyways from lack light.

1 Like

Cool. I was just curious because it makes the girls look droopy and sad… especially tge strawberry in back right corner

1 Like

During the veg think of it as an auxiliary power source to grow. @VelcroThumb any little bit helps unless it’s dead.

1 Like

I do want to try some cloning. I hear 6 clones would fit perfect in a 4x4 tent since they stay bushier and not as tall?

1 Like

I’d say 4 comfortably six may be a bit tight in flower @VelcroThumb in that space

3 Likes

@Countryboyjvd1971 do clones get bushier? Never knew this. If that’s true. Which could be an issue with how many clones I have…

1 Like

A clone should take on the traits that it’s mother has/had. So if mom was bushy, babies should be bushy too provided your room stays relatively similar.

You can clone all of your plants to save on seeds or whatever. But the biggest advantage to cloning is to be able to repeat your best producing phenotypes. If you plant 10 seeds and one of the 10 produces outstanding characteristics, you can make a whole grow of several plants that will carry those exact traits. Or maybe you keep 2 mothers, and do half and half. Pretty much whatever suits your goals.

Lots of ways to do it as well, but you’ll need an additional grow space. Perhaps that refrigerator lol.

2 Likes

@Covertgrower @dbrn32 @Countryboyjvd1971 @Ray4x @bob31
At a glance, do the ladies look unhappy?

5 Likes

Yes @VelcroThumb they do. But I would bet that it looks like you just watered?

1 Like

I wouldn’t say unhappy. They don’t look perky, buy I don’t see anything I would react to in those pictures.

1 Like

I just watered all yesterday… and transplanted into 5 gal pots today. These 3 looked like this yesterday but the other 3 seem fine. The humidity has been higher for a couple days… 70-80% so i may have to get a dehumidifier

1 Like

It also concerned me since i had just switched fron HID to LED

1 Like

Transplant and light switch will usually jam them up a bit, that’s normal. Give them a day or 2 to bounce back before you get nervous. They will probably be fine

1 Like

@VelcroThumb @dbrn32 is right. Few days they’ll bounce right back.

1 Like

Do yall think the humidity is too high

First grow experience here, but the humidity can be pretty high in veg state. Flowering you’ll have to start worrying. My RH was more than 75% during most of the veg. 89E12A51-E6B4-4779-A637-E97933E03DE9

1 Like

Awesome! Ty!
“One less thang,” -in my forrest gump voice

Transplanting is stressful. Give them a couple of days @VelcroThumb they’ll perk up!

1 Like