New Member 1st Grow!

Finally took down the 600wHID and replaced with 450w LED… cant wait for the other 2 to come today! The girls responded well to LST and light change

6 Likes

2 new LEDs came today… we will see how the ladies look tomorrow! Seems my soil is stsying moist longer, rather than evaporating from being so hot!

9 Likes

I think my Blueberry Auto is starting to bud?!?!!
@Covertgrower @SmoknGranny @bob31 @dbrn32 @Screwauger @Countryboyjvd1971 @Wishingilivedina420state

12 Likes

Yes! Preflowers! Woohooo!!! @VelcroThumb

3 Likes

Nice to see some progress!!!:star_struck::sunglasses::hugs::crazy_face:

2 Likes

Lovely preflower. :sunglasses:
If you’re pot’s are not drying as fast as you’d like, put a small fan where it will blow on the pots. Works wonders :v::sunglasses: @VelcroThumb

3 Likes

I do have two fans in there thank goodness! The pots are probably drying like they are supposed to now that the LED has lowered the over temp in tent! With the 600wHID and the crazy late heat we’ve been having in the carolinas, temps in the tent were super high… like avg of 85 and over. I assume the pots dried way quicker than they should have!

3 Likes

Congrats @VelcroThumb buds on the way.

2 Likes

Nice close up photo. How’d you get it?

1 Like

Phone and zoom lol

3 Likes

Hey guys, did some more fimming today! Im wondering if I need to trim any of the under leaves that arent getting light and are starting to droop? Thoughts?
@bob31 @dbrn32 @Covertgrower @Countryboyjvd1971 @Wishingilivedina420state @MattyBear @M4ur @Ray4x

6 Likes

Nice looking plants you got there. I usually wait for the leaves to die/ yellow or if they get damage I’ll pull them off. It’s really up to you.If you use a fan to gently blow over the plants I don’t see any reason to remove them.I like to leave them on in case my plant might need some nutes it can take it from these leaves, just a thought. If I had humidity problems(too high) I would remove them.Just my 2 cents I’m no expert by any means. Good luck!!

1 Like

@VelcroThumb

It’s personal preference. But I would suggest leaving them on until they yellow or look like they have any damage. Your plant can still pull nutrients out of those leaves.

1 Like

@dbrn32 yeah I use well water not sure if that makes a difference
Wasn’t saying your wrong I’ve spoke to many about this and most say it goes down
My water nothing in it goes up ?
Comes out of tap at 6.9-7.1 depending on time of year and ground water levels I guess
But not a huge swing
And it will go up to 8 When I put stone in. ?
I still do it after adding my nutes ph is with in a few points of where I want to be
Was just wanting to share my experiences with you all my friend that’s what this is all about right hahahah :+1:
@VelcroThumb woohoo bba preflowering
I meant to drop a couple bba beans in water yesterday I forgot but I going to do it tonight
Nice can’t wait to see her fatten up for you bro

4 Likes

For sure, I didnt take It any other way @Countryboyjvd1971. I’m gonna try to run my tap, my earth juice, and canna this weekend checking before and after. I’m gonna bet my water does the same as yours. My tap starts at about 7.8 though. I think the difference is going to lie in how the organic cultures react together with the added oxygen. Otherwise there’s a pretty good chance the synthetic nutes will do same as you experience. I just haven’t run them.

I don’t think there will be a major difference in adjusting pH before or after. In my case, doing before just takes a little more. Because I would typically adjust one way before, and then almost always have to go back the other way after.

I’ve also read that most pH buffers will kill some of the active organisms in organic settings. Not sure of the science, but sounded reasonable. Within the earth juice line (nectar too I think) they do have what they call a natural up and down. But it’s expensive, so I try to use as little as possible.

Regardless of where you end up with the ph, I like bubbling prior too.

2 Likes

Like the others I agree that there’s not exactly a right or wrong way. But I prefer to try and tuck some of the leaves under over trimming at this point.

1 Like

@dbrn32
I’m actually using organic this grow myself I trying the nectar for the gods line and loving it plan
On buying the full line here shortly and a few ad ins that as supposed to help with up take
I’m moving away from the fox farm and chemical nutrients
Beneficial fungi and what not :+1:
I sold organic is the way to go haha
I’m also looking into building a aquaponics set up and to play with and expand my knowledge on a few levels hahaha @dbrn32

2 Likes

Thats what i was thinking… just tuck some ones that are droopy over some stronger ones

1 Like

They look good! I would just do some LST on her to open up the middle of the canopy and that will help the light down to the lower part of the plant

1 Like

I had them all tied over to do just that. I think if you scroll up you could see in this thread. I had taken them off last night since it makes it easier to water ( i used fabric pots and had tied each lady to one handle of each pot)

5 Likes