McLovin's lovin his first grow

Agreed. But a few thousands worth with the chance of hitting it accudentally and breaking the glass?! I trust my equipment and safety measures enough not to get one personally, ive tripple checked everything but its a cool idea.

One day we will be able to tag a smell… but until then il just say, the ladies smell delicious.
Temps are steadily at 75 F exactly, PHing daily is becoming a routine and not a chore.
The hydro born are stretching up with solid stems… the choc haze that was flopping, broken stemed onto the soil that i put a wire around to stand her up had now got her footing back! Awesomeness. All is going well, will start doing weekly pics from today.

It’s kind of on a system like overhead sprinkler fire systems in industrial buildings, I believe anyway correct me if I’m wrong
Or its al9ng the same basic principles or ideas

2 Likes

I actually watched the shark tank, not sure if youve heard of it? Basically a guy was pitching a thing to shut off automated sprinklers… fireman he was. Anyway they are never 100% not going to fuuu almost swore then rewrote it! Never 100% not going to go off unexplainably or with a knock or tent shake. Imagine moving lights or something and boosh. Or in flower! And you come home one day and its ruined. House burnt down is agreeably worse. But you have to be a total numpty to not confirm 10 times over extension leads are tied on like super glue ect

Like i said, cool idea but would you ever really concider using one and trusting it with your equipment and yield?

1 Like

Yeah, compared to my house rather than my tent. It wouldn’t set in the tent it would be in the same room as the tent so if a fire broke out it would trigger the system and put out the fire in just that room rather than the whole house burnt dowm

2 Likes

It’s a cute little thing and I think it only cost a hundred and fifty bucks for like a 3X3 footprint , I think if you get up into the $275 range it will actually cover an 8x8… I just can’t remember the name but I was definitely going to buy one… I just bummed out on doing it like any old normal MMJ farmer and haven’t gotten around to it …but now that you guys are talking about it I will be looking for that site and ordering one soon … I’ll keep you up-to-date… :wink:

I believe they’re made in the USA also just on a side note… as far as reliability concerns… :wink:

:v: :sunglasses:

2 Likes

Now your talking. I was thinking of it in the tent for some rediculous reason xD

Update couldnt really wait, the big girl smells great but is showing some serious deficiency problems, i gave her 5ml of cal mag last night, 1/3 of the recommended and it may recirculate slightly.
The skunk XL is doing great but now has spots on it! As does the choc haze next to it (the 2 soil plants) not mildew i dont think, and i turned the big light on half so now has way less power and temps are staying comfortably, tent totally closed at 75 F.
Other plants are starting to get yellow tips too… which is slightly worrying.
Water temp doesnt go above 70 F, i have a trace mix en route which has zinc in it as well as other essential trace elements, and fox trio for hydro.
What do you think is up with thise spots…? And what should i give them? Much love and appreciation.
@Majiktoker if you can tag any other support guys and gals id super appreciate it.

I wouldn’t worry about the spots, they look like a light layer of trichomes on the plant

1 Like

Like a white covering to the leaf?

Yes, and the white spots in picture 1 and 4 look like residue spots, honestly now that I seen it better take a precaution for powdery mildew, you can use a milk eater spray but it will leave a residue on your leaves, or a vinegar water mix to spray on them to kill them ill get you the recipes for each and id treat them as mentioned as abprecaution better to catch early than to late if it is

Treatment
If you do end up having a powdery mildew problem, one way to solve the problem is at home. One home remedy is 2 teaspoons of organic apple cider vinegar mixed with one quart of water. Mist this mixture onto your plants to both kill the powdery mildew growth and prevent any more from cropping up.

This is a better more effective recipe @McLovin777

1 Like

il add it to the sopping list. The reason i don’t think its mildew is i read you can use a paper towel to get it off, and the layer seems natural to the leaf and doesn’t smudge ect - will buy the delicious sounding vinegar anyway for chips and plants. cheers

Got some mildew killer on route.
Few leaves i clipped from lowest branches of a few.

I think i need my carbon filter running really, they need better circulation

Yea better air circulation will definitely help with that as well

We have… sink off? Roots in water, yeahhhh boiiiiii!

3 Likes

4 Likes

1 Like

@McLovin777, looking good man your off to a great start

1 Like