Let talk about mold and bud rot

You go girl :+1::hugs:

Xmas day than

So my harvest was too late and Iā€™ve never heard of bud washing , until this group site , I have a pile separated popcorn size with grey mold spores mixed in ( maybe 90% bud 10% mold set aside) can I wash it after the first couple days of drying and redry it to save it ? At this point the mold is not spreading unless I agitate it and cause it to be airborne. If so what is the ratio for water and hydrogen peroxide?

2 Likes

1 cup hydrogen peroxide in 5 gallons of water. 5 minute soak.

No way would I try to save the moldy buds.

3 Likes

@Myfriendis410 thatā€™s a great idea and I second it @SmoknGranny tag me if you start one
@Donaldj shhhhhh to many ears here hahahhha

What you donā€™t want me sharing oldschool tricks? lmao

4 Likes

Ok. Two topics. One for thrifty ideas and one for basics for beginners. Members Lounge as category?
@Myfriendis410
@Donaldj
@DieHigh55
@Countryboyjvd1971
@rodri59

2 Likes

Or beginners.

1 Like

Okay. Iā€™m having a rough start today :sleeping: and meant thrifty ideas in lounge and tips in beginner LOL Iā€™m glad youā€™re here keeping an eye on me :blush:

4 Likes

I remember after my husband passed, I was receiving SS survivors benefits for myself and daughter. Every year we managed to get a small yearly raise for CoLAā€¦it was ridiculous and the govt always sounds so magnanimous about it, like we should worship at the alter of Big Govt. Ugh.

2 Likes

How about thrifty beginners and lounging tips?

3 Likes

Yep. And I canā€™t get hubby on disability with no insurance for doctors or prescriptions as heā€™s considered ā€œnon compliantā€ for NOT being on meds per SS administration and the lawyer I spoke with. Dealing with the government agencies is a PITA.

1 Like

Thank you @PhantomFarmer looking forward to trying the wash in the future.

2 Likes

Hahahah @Donaldj of course not that what we are here for after all lol

@Countryboyjvd1971. I had one plant that was way behind the others so I took it outside during the day . I forgot it one night outside and it eventually got some Mildred on the leaves. I had to throw out the whole plant because it smelled really bad of mildew. No rot on it, just mildewā€¦ I donā€™t think cleaning it with baking soda would have taken the smell or taste out. Sorry about your plants, such a waste of time nurturing them. I decided not to grow them over the summer months, itā€™s just too humid in my state.

2 Likes

It happens @Bobbi and I remember you saying that
Washing it most likely would have solved your issue just wish you would have said something before you tossed it
All good happy growing
:v: CB :cowboy_hat_face:

That suck man!! Better luck with your next grow ayy :pray:

1 Like

All good @Caosred
I started thread to get some info on preventing it
Was a extra humid fall in my area
The Ssh didnā€™t do well and was a total loss with high humidity in flower
My Gorilla :gorilla: Glue did better I pulled it early just because I didnā€™t want to chase the bud rot any more
And managed to get 5 ounces dry ice ya a little airy cause I pulled it a few weeks early 3 maybe
Iā€™ll turn it into hash and press it into rosin so Iā€™m ok with that too
I grow indoors as well so always have something going hahaha
I have 7 girls going now indoors in various stages of life :+1:
Happy growing my friend :v:CB :cowboy_hat_face:

2 Likes

Cheers :beers: mate lucky you Iā€™m working on my indoor set up! No good to here that man but like you said always the next ones lol :joy: yes mate good luck :wink: to you as well happy :blush: growing

1 Like

@Countryboyjvd1971 how much baking soda do you use to take out the smell of mildew?