Let talk about mold and bud rot

@Bobbi im confused smell out of what ?

if your herb smells like mildew it belongs in garbage no amount of soda is going to be worth the headaches and ill effect you could get from smoking it. I think you are missing that this thread is for dealing with Mold on green matter before drying and the rinse is to kill spores after any mildew/mold is removed if it still smells like mildew while drying it’s too late

2 Likes

@Countryboyjvd1971 Never mind, I thought my plant had a hint of mildew smell but I’m the only one that can detect it. No visible signs on the plant. I do have another question for you, Do you decarb the plant before or after drying? I have the buds hanging in a netted hanger right now, they will be used for edibles Not sure if I should decarb first?

1 Like

Curing improves flavor and enhances CBD’s a chopped plant isn’t dead until it is dry sugars continue to process

3 Likes

@Donaldj When do I decarb, let them dry out a bit or decarb first?

1 Like

Let them dry out first then decarb

3 Likes

@Bobbi Donaldj has you covered
Decarb before you make your edibles

1 Like

@Donaldj thanks for the quick reply. Do you only decarb if making edibles or do you decarb all of it when used in smokes? When you dry them out, are you talking about aging them in jars for a few weeks first? Like before you decarb? Or just dry them out for a couple of days?

1 Like

Only if your making edibles @Bobbi
When you smoke a joint or bowl the heat from lighting it and smoking it will do the same thing

2 Likes

Say hello to the future for indoor growers and maybe goodbye to Bud Rot ! :rainbow:

1 Like

They use UV in many applications
The technology have been used in the HVAC field for many many years so it’s not new
Bud rot in most cases is cause by lack of airflow and high humidity control both and bud rot can be avoided all together

2 Likes

It may be not a new idea, I was suggesting its application could be used in the ongoing battle we growers have with botrytis.

1 Like

You can buy a uv light and install in duct work of intake fan if you wanted
They have 110v/220v and 24 volt apications
All I was stating is that the technology has been around for many years and is proven to work on mold and bacteria, viruses etc
I wasn’t implying it was a bad idea @James68

I was also just clarifying what cause bud rot

UV exposure is dangerous and eye proctection should be worn when around UV lights

NEVER LOOK DIRECTLY AT A UV BULB

2 Likes

it seem’s like its a case of ‘necessity is the mother of invention’ in this instance and if these posts trigger a business idea with a fellow grower then I say far out and solid and hello Amazon.

1 Like