Leaves have bruises and some turn yellow and brown

Hello!
I am in my first grow. Everything is flowering super. Magnificent! I’m 4 1/2 weeks into flowering. Weird things are happening to some of my leaves, not at the top of the plant but lower down. The leave tips, about one or two millimeters are brownish. Other leaves have some kind of yellowish brown that appears to start in the middle of the leafs and it spreads until the leaf is dead. I’ve been cutting them off. The problem is I can’t tell from all the pictures here whether its maganeze, zinc, boron, too much light, too much plant food, not enough water, upper leaves blocking lite on lower leaves, or some combination of these. I guess knowing PH here is key. I ordered PH strips to arrive on 12/2.

Strain; Type, Bag seed, or NA Amnesia Haze from ILGM seeds

Soil in pots, Hydroponic, or Coco? Organic soil

System type?

PH of runoff or solution in reservoir? I need to test PH I’m waiting for the test strips to arrive.

What is strength of nutrient mix? EC, or TDS I use 5-1-1 (fish fertilizer) 50ml and 60ml of Fox Farm big bloom .01%-.3%-.7%. Why these are such small numbers I don’t know. Those 2 ferilizers are mixed with 1 gallon of water. I fertilize every other watering, which is about 6 or 7 days between fertilizering.

Indoor or Outdoor Indoor

Light system, size? 1,000watt LED, on 12 hrs, off 12 hrs

Temps; Day, Night temps range from 72 to 78. occasionally it will drop to 68 degrees (all temps F)

Humidity; Day, Night. Usually it’s around 40% and when I spray with water goes up to 60%. I spray every day.
Ventilation system; Yes, No, Yes. Size 4" charcoal filter and inline duct, both in the grow room.
AC, Humidifier, De-humidifier, No.

Co2; Yes, No No

Here’s a pic of several leaves and below that is a peak into my grow room. I appreciate any help. Thanks so much.

Here are more pics showing my grow room :heart_eyes::heart_eyes:

2 Likes

@RemyMartin first you def need to get a ph meter. Those strips have too much variance. If you ph is unknown, and you have been using FF nutes (which can have high salt buildups) you may have caused nute burn or lock out. Lets tag some OGs
@bob31 @Donaldj @dbrn32

3 Likes

Thank you for writing back. Are those USD 8 meters any good? I see alot of people buy them on amazon but also a number of people say they don’t work. I’m talking about these things. Are they any good? Or do i need a more expenseive. Can you recommend? Thanks for your help. image

2 Likes

@RemyMartin from what ive read, they are junk. Most people opt for the $15 ones for water. Youll find them on Amazon, they are usually yellow. Make sure to get some ph storage solution and get some 7.0 ph calibration solution!

3 Likes

Sounds about right, hard to point anywhere else when you don’t have ph.

110 ml of any nutrient solution per gallon of water sounds almost ridiculous off the top of my head @RemyMartin. Is there a typo there? Ff recommends like 10ml per gallon every other week of the grow big in flower. Also, when you say you spray, what are you spraying?

Edit. Just realized I quoted grow big and you’re using big bloom. Sorry! It’s still like 3 tsp, which is like 15ml for flowering.

2 Likes

Without ph or real light pictures of entire plant I would suspect Phosphorus but this can also be directly related to ph so fairly important to have a decent meter and keep it calibrated :wink:
If that’s a per Gal mix it is indeed pretty strong

3 Likes

Water. Sometimes spray with a light mist and sometimes dripping wet like it’s raining for a couple of minutes. I have good air circulation so the water evaporates pretty quick.

2 Likes

Are you spraying the plants with water?

1 Like

@dbrn32 I looked it up too, and the image I found looked like it said Tablespoon. I was in the middle of saying that 60 ml sounded like a lot since most measure in teaspoons. But I search onlined and there is an image that shows big bloom at 2 tablespoons per gallon. 3 teaspoons is 25ml and 3 teaspoons equal 1 tablespoon! I thought it was high too!

1 Like

I’m afraid it’s not a typo. It’s 2 different kinds of nutrient. I thought I read somewhere (in the bible) it’s okay when they’re flowering to supplement but it’s quite possible i went overboard. I will take more pics tomorrow in regular light and post in this thread. The plants are in about 5 gallons of soil, I let the soil dry before I water again. So it’s about 3 days between watering, and I do the fertilizer every other watering. Thanks.

1 Like

Yeah then i totally over did it. Maybe i figured based on 2 gallons, I don’t know. I’ll watch them closely.

1 Like

@RemyMartin what kind of water are you using?

I’ll post real light pictures tomorrow.

Sorry every one, for the multiple posts.

Looks like tsp to me, or 5ml per

1 Like

this is the one i saw @dbrn32

1 Like

Tap water, it’s pretty neutral. I also have a whole house water filter which has some charcoal in it.

Here is conversion on ml per teaspoon as well.

@Covertgrower that’s pretty wild. If you follow link, does it come directly from ff?

1 Like

@dbrn32 I def meant 15 ml lol and not 25 or whatever I said!@ LOL I googled FF Big Bloom Feed Schedule and clicked images. its the 1st to pop up i think

2 Likes

@VelcroThumb found metric chart directly from ff

@RemyMartin download or print this schedule and use it in the future. Not from my screenshot though lol.

2 Likes

I hope I didn’t kill these beautiful plants. They’re doing well. Lots o’buds forming and enlarging. I smoked a few of these immature buds and I got a very mellow albeit short lasting buzz. If that’s any indication of things to come then we’ll be in stoned city fer sure.