Indoor Growing on a Budget Soil/ Soiless Grow Mediums (Not water or Aero)

5: You should respect the charts!
Nutrient_Chart2m_and_f2

8 Likes

6: You should fill this support ticket when you need help and upload pictures in natural light whit the problem.
COPY/PASTE: This ā€œSupport Ticketā€ into your forum post.
Answer these simple questions the best you can.
If you do not know, or do not use something; Just say so = NA

Strain; Type, Bag seed, or NA

Soil in pots, Hydroponic, or Coco?

System type?

PH of runoff or solution in reservoir?
Pt
What is strength of nutrient mix? EC, or TDS

Indoor or Outdoor

Light system, size?

Temps; Day, Night
Humidity; Day, Night

Ventilation system; Yes, No, Size

AC, Humidifier, De-humidifier,

Co2; Yes, No
Add anything else you feel would help us give you a most informed answer. Feel free to elaborate, but short, to the point questions and facts will help us help youļæ¼

4 Likes

@Myfriendis410 @M4ur @dbrn32 @bob31 I really agree all of these things are important. 98% of grow problems can be traced back to not knowing the PH. Over watering, then followed by lack of lighting. I would also like to throw in improper container usage. No holes etc.
A pinned post, with the help ticket would be helpful, but Iā€™m not sure how many people will be able to navigate their way to find that first. It couldnā€™t hurt anything though. I still consider myself a beginner, but Iā€™ve learned a lot, through this site and itā€™s members. I know Iā€™m far more capable than when I started!

9 Likes
  1. Keeping humidity in range is a must for all stages!
5 Likes

@laurap like this one?

5 Likes

It might be a matter of directing Customer Support towards it. Let them work initially with the problem.

1 Like

It hangs on my wall! Along with optimum temps!

1 Like

@bob31 my house temperature is 69, top of my frig is 73 with a 30 rh. What was your results?

1 Like

It was 67 F and 45 rh in the living room and on top of the fridge. I have a 4 zone thermometer/ hygrometer No extra heat up there at all. Not sure what they changed? @SmoknGranny

2 Likes

Interesting. Maybe better insulation? Iā€™m just glad it worked for me as a cheap place for germination :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

@bob31 and @SmoknGranny I believe there are a couple of explanations that could be true. One, @SmoknGrannyā€™s refrigerator could be a little close to the wall, not allowing heat from exchanger coils to dissipate as well. Another, is the placement of the heat exchanger in respect to the top of the refrigerator.

1 Like

Youā€™re probably right and itā€™s in an alcove with a cabinet above it as well. Little to no air flow.

2 Likes

Tagging in @cjc

1 Like

Iā€™m a grower on a budget! I started by tradingā€¦I traded a huskavarna chainsaw for 2 600w lights, 4 bulbs, 2 HID ballasts, the full line of general hydroponics nutes, full size, including pH tester drops, timersā€¦I was lucky and knew someone that let their license expire and just had everything sitting there :slight_smile: For the rest of my lights and ballasts I went second hand from one of my local hydro stores :slight_smile: Cost me around $200 for 2 600w lights and bulbs and 2 HID ballasts :slight_smile: Just cause their an old version of lightsā€¦ doesnā€™t mean they donā€™t work. :wink:

7 Likes

:+1:. Welcome & glad youā€™ve joined us :slightly_smiling_face: I like trading.

3 Likes

Love to barter!

3 Likes

Iā€™m assuming :crazy_face: that the ProMix Ultimate for Vegetables & Herbs is 1) soilless, 2) similar to Miracle NO & 3) NOT a good seed starter medium. Comments?

1 Like

Iā€™m not sure, does it say anywhere that it has time release ferts? The nutrient ratios donā€™t seem to be ridiculous.

I know a guy that swears by one of the mg mixes, but Iā€™m not sure if he uses it for seed starting. He claims that as long as it doesnā€™t have time release nutes itā€™s good. And then he just runs a bunch of water through it a couple of times. Similar to what is commonly referred to as a flush here.

Never tried it, but he insists that Iā€™m an idiot for spending more on soils.

1 Like

2 Likes

Ahhh, there it is. Without someone who as used it saying itā€™s ok, I would probably avoid it.

3 Likes