ILGM White Widow Autoflower

I posted in the indoors grow forum, and then found out that there’s a journal section here, so I wanted to write about my progress on here for any feedback. I’m blogging over at http://growingherbies.wordpress.com as well.

Week One, Day One

Week One, Day 4

Week One, Day 6

Week Two, Day 2

Week Two, Day 4

3 Likes

Heck yeah welcome to Ilgm and congratulations on your first grow
There’s a ton of knowledgeable peeps on here that can and will help throughout your grow.
Good luck @growingherbies

1 Like

Congrats and welcome!

1 Like

@growingherbies welcome to ILGM! I see you are new to the forum!

But it looks like in the picture that the LED light is very close to the tops of those sprouts. I don’t know your wattage, but the minimum distance is probably at least 2.5 feet away.

A t5 or a cfl can be that close, but the LED is too much for them.

2 Likes

welcome can you tell us the type of light you are using? what is the wattage? eventhough the led’s aren’t hot to your hand, I have first hand knowledge that they burn your seedlings when too close.

1 Like

@bob31 In the first pics, it was about 10" from the top. Now I have them in bigger pots and they’re quite a bit farther away. I’d say a good 2 feet probably.

@amused2death I’m using a 400W LED light I found off Amazon.

1 Like

I am no expert yet. @Niala has a chart in a Feb. 9th post. it sugest 2 to 2.5 feet, so i think you are good now that you mived it up.

1 Like

Update - one in the gray pot (Snoop) is growing good - as is Martha (red pot). Martha’s the one that had the seed helmet, so she’s a little behind Snoop, but both are doing pretty well. How do they look to you guys? Tomorrow will be two weeks since planting the seeds in my germ pods.

2 Likes

Haha are snoop and Martha gonna be cooking dinner also?
Couldn’t resist
:sunglasses: happy growing

1 Like

@Nug-bug HAHA Yep - she’ll be cleaning house too :wink:

@growingherbies they both look like they are in pink pots to me. How about a picture under white or natural light?

@bob31 Here you go :slight_smile:

Thanks @growingherbies my eyes are bad enough but the LEDs kill me. Top plant looks a little light / heat stressed from having the light too close initially but she’ll be fine!

@bob31 Well the top plant held onto her seed helmet for some reason - so she was a little behind in unfolding, but she’s catching up with the bottom one. Has really shot up and started to fan out in the past couple of days. Should I use 18/6 light schedule the whole time? I’ve ready where the light schedule doesn’t really matter that much with autoflowers.

Nope lights at 18/6 is fine. There are arguments for everything up to 24/7 and everything in between. You can switch to 12/12 when they flower to save some wear and tear on.lights and save a couple $$ on the electric bill but many go 18/6 start to finish!

Nice. I researched for a good three weeks solid before I started the process – always nice to know my research was right. Of course I’m gonna make mistakes – it’s my first grow – but I’m pretty happy with how things are going at the moment. Can’t wait to see those beautiful buds!

Just an update - week 3 day 5 right now. Got a pulley system for the lights - going to lower them a bit - but so far I think they’re looking pretty good!

My original humidifier died the other day and I wound up getting a warm mist one at Walgreens. Since I’ve put that one in the tent, the growth has taken OFF. I’ll post pics later when I get hom and can take some more.

1 Like

Day one of week four. Lowered the lighting a couple of days ago to around 12" above plants - they are LOVING it. Temps around 74F and humidity 55-60%. Going to be putting worm castings on in the next couple of days, too.

I think they’re looking pretty good, but I’m a novice - so - what the hell do I know? :sunglasses:

3 Likes

Hey @growingherbies looking good!

How many watts is that led you’re using?