How often to water coco coir

Looking sexy in there man my ppm in veg right now 1123

1 Like

I really like 800 to 900 ppm (1.6 EC) for veg which is barely minimum schedule at 1 tsp per gallon.

As for cal mag if your tap water is 300 ppm or greater it may not be necessary.

2 Likes

My run off ppm was 1123 my solution be around 600 to 700 going in and get higher as I feed with nutrients

1 Like

It might be time to flush salts which tend to build in coco.

1 Like

What I did today was give plan ro water my brother came and got my flush haven’t saw it since… how are you flushing with straight water of a nutrient flush

3 times the pot volume for a flush. Straight r/o is perfect. Ph to 5.8

1 Like

Nah I definitely need to my ppm is like 55 :joy: I gave them a calmag feed (1ml per litre) ph’d to 5.8 over the last week the deficiency seems to be slowing down so I gave em a proper feed tonight but I’m hoping this is the back end of it!

4 Likes

@Screwauger How do I water promix? Thinking about switching to it from soil. So many conflicting answers. :grinning:

1 Like

What’s the name of the blend?

It’s called tupur… chosen purely because I thought it was soil and the clerk at the shop didn’t know anything about it. They now carry another brand as well as blocks, though the blocks sell very quickly. There must be a number of local growers :thinking:

1 Like

I’ve heard there are some cocos that have a lot of salts in them and need to be washed before using. Did you wash your coco?

I’ve heard that too, but not until I’d used it already. I didn’t flush it at all and have reused it with no problems. I also didn’t flush when I reused but I did mix with fresh, about half and half.

2 Likes

I used to get the general hydroponic coco teck brick but read about salts in it. I did flush it at beginning when expanding it. But I recently found this at Meijer and have had no problem with it yet. Bonus, it was only $4 a 8qt bag

1 Like

Hmm, I really can’t decide between the coco, or the Promix. I know a lot of people use both.

1 Like

I’ve used both and personally prefer the coco, it’s damn near impossible to over water and growth rate is unbelievable

this is in coco. Wwa 18days since breaking ground

2 Likes

So you use coco with perlite, what’s the ratio?

Don’t have an exact ratio, but if I had to put some numbers on it, I’d say 75/25 in that area. But with coco, you gotta start feeding earlier. These just got their first full feed today, gave them half strength about 5 days ago

2 Likes

Wow, they look really nice.

1 Like

You can get a bag of pro mix for under $10 and a bag of coco and do a side by side comparison and see which one you prefer

1 Like

Lol, I wish. My tent is only big enough for one plant. I’ve still got time to think about it though. This grow has plenty of time since I only just flipped to flower.

1 Like