Fruity Mix Pack First run

I want yield but I will be honest This is first real grow with some real knowledge I was looking into LST heard its good. I am not 100 percent sure on how to do it but played with it on my last grow unknowingly on accident. I was kinda clumsy and noticed every time I bent a branch over it loved it so . I am def gonna let them veg for two more weeks I bought another hood just like the one I got and a 1000 watt select a watt ballast so hypothetically could have 1600 watts if needed but dont think I will. I also have supplemental lighting for the undergrowth just not necessary yet oh and I got a co2 setup in form of mycelium mushrooms works ok for a small tent. I am just more or less getting opinions and taking them into account on what I do. I will prob not top any more unless anyone here thinks it helps to do more and more but again dependent on room isn’t it I just need the word from @VelcroThumb and we gonna flower.

2 Likes

I am in week 5 of veg with my blueberry. She has started to show sex. I topped and fimmed a few times. If the blueberry is an auto, you just let her be. She doesn’t care about light change. I do wonder how we are so close yet mine look further? Maybe its because i topped them

1 Like

@VelcroThumb I am new to growing as well and have an auto that is in 9th week Veg. 8 of her sisters are just about ready to pick.
I am told Autos do what and when they are ready to do it. So let it grow.
P.S. I was told to do a night or 2 at 12/12/ with the lights may kick it in gear. (I have not done this yet)

2 Likes

Yep autos dont care about light cycle. My BB stsrted showing sex last week

2 Likes

Mine is not an auto to my knowledge I think its just whatever blueberry Kush just feminised all of them were supposed to be I didn’t order auto unless they just are all autos.

@xxpain4uxx Gotcha… it would specifically say auto. If it isnt auto then you can start flowering by doing what you said… 12 hours on 12 off. They wont start to flower until they get 12 solid hours of dark

1 Like

I started veg on the 3rd of this month so.

So probably 2 weeks and give them a flip and put the thousand watt light or a 1000watt and 400watt when I flip? Also was thinking of switching to the 600 watt light for veg this tues that will be week 3. any thoughts @VelcroThumb

1 Like

I couldn’t really give ya any input on watts and lights as this is also my first grow; i have nothing to base it on. From what i have read, the more watts, the more possible yield you could have. I will say that running that many HID lights with that many watts you will be facing a serious heat issue. Hopefully your fans can keep up or you can cool down your environment. Not mention what that would do to your power bill!

1 Like

I’m an electrician by trade running all 220volt it cost me an extra 3 dollars to run my tent a month currently. With A/C when needed. I also Have supplemental solar panels.

2 Likes

But a 1000watts would be enough if I switch them in the next 2 weeks at least I think it should be, I know heat makes fluffy buds and dont want that so , I will steer clear of putting that many watts but may do both lights on just the 600 and 400 both and that should do it. I think that would give me the best light footprint correct?

Your in good hands @xxpain4uxx
Sorry bro I’m dealing with some personal stuff right now
The peeps seem to have you covered

1 Like

Personal life always take priority over anything else brother I understand completely @Countryboyjvd1971 anything to add on the recent decision i’m trying to consider about the lights and watts? If you have time at your convenience that goes for @bob31 @daz49 @Covertgrower @1BigFella I will also update pics tomorrow and give you all an update once again all thank you for all the guidance.

2 Likes

@xxpain4uxx those two lights would give you a better footprint yes. Even light coverage is where it’s at. As they grow a little bit taller, and if they make an uneven canopy, I arranged mine on top of buckets, and placed the taller ones to the outside of the grow. Hope that helps.

In a 5x5 tent your optimum wattage would be about 1250 watts
But I think you’ll be fine with 1000
My only concern would be heat using those fixtures if you turned both on
I use leds myself @xxpain4uxx hope this helps you brother
I am looking into solar/wind Combo setup bro myself to power the grow room so I maybe be picking your brain in the near future about sizing and what not
I’m a commercial Hvac tech so I do understand electrical theory quite well but an unsure the best way to size the power plant lol :joy:
Loose Rule of thumb is 50 watts per square foot of canopy space using you style of light with less you can go as low as 35 but I still use the 50 # my self

1 Like

Update ladies and gentleman @bob31 @VelcroThumb @dbrn32 What do you think any trimming I could do or any more topping or fimming or leave them be and switch in the next week and a half I think they are killing it with growth so impressed. I have to say I am a noob but the genetics of ILGM seeds are the shiat. 3rd week of veg will be 24th of this month thats would be a total of 1 month 4 days since I soaked them in water.

Also got a little prob something ate a little piece of 1 leaf.

And I noticed another but that’s it and a few yellow spots I got DE food grade sould I seal the deal on whatever is going on? I have been looking hard nbo bugs found

Over all they look great :+1: @xxpain4uxx
I don’t see any reason to prune anything
You could look into super cropping that will make them bushier and help with flower site development by allowing more light into canopy
If you sector top again I would wait at least two weeks from last topping
:v: CB :cowboy_hat_face:

1 Like

I’m thinking it just damaged cause when moving them around or feeding them
I would get to stressed out just yet keep on th look out for bugs but I don’t think that’s the issue here @xxpain4uxx

3 Likes