Drying in tent with Carbon Filter/Fan Combo?

@bob31 @Countryboyjvd1971 Humidity is a constant 60% in my curing jar, I’m burping it twice a day. How long should I keep the jar open, a few minutes, a few few seconds?

I guess this is a mute point, but I just got a notification for this post! not bad, 10 days later;

20 minutes to half an hour @Bobbi

make sure to turn the jars too (roll them slowly so that the bud doesn’t stick together

1 Like

How’s the process coming along @Bobbi. ??

@bob31. Great, no sign of leaf thripe on my plants other than those few leaves I picked off. I’ve harvested one plant (curing), another plant is in the drying stage. 7 more are turning Amber, slowly. I did take 3 of the plants outside to finish in the sun. The sun ripens them quicker and gets to the under branches. I was amazed how fast the white pistils turned on one of the plants once I took it outdoors. My tent just got too crowed with 9 plants, lesson learned.

1 Like

wow, that’s a lot to keep straight for sure! Yep, in the future less plants is more enjoyable! @Bobbi I’m looking at the same issue. My GL is so big she is gonna need half of my 3x3 tent. I have two BBA on one side and I have a Gorilla Glue in a 5 gallon pot that I have no room for. I think she’s going outside!

@bob31. You can grow legally and don’t have to worry about neighbors, the sun is wonderful on my plants. I’d like to put all mine out but have to keep them hide from the law/neighbors. My back yard is secluded but not much sun, I have to constantly move the plants. Does it get hot in your tent?

generally it’s 5 degrees warmer in the tent than outside. I just installed a 5000 BTU AC to run to help with the extreme temps and high humidity. It’s off tonight since it’s pretty cool here.

I have to admit that it takes a lot of pressure off, but I’m not interested in advertising my business, either. Our laws do require that they not be visible from the street and the yard has to be secured so i have to buy a padlock for my gate but that’s a small price to pay. I have two good spots in my backyard for outdoor growing! @Bobbi

1 Like

@bob31 Mailman delivered my Chocolope seeds today, that was fast!

1 Like

Awesome. Very fast. You’re gonna like the chocolope. They get kinda tall though if you’re not careful. Great medicine though!

@bob31 Chocolope get tall? I plan on growing 3 of them plus 2 Northern Lights, all will be feminized, no autos. Is that going to be a problem? My tent is 6’ 3" x4’ x4’. I don’t want to run into crowding like this time. If it was just for myself, I’d just run the Chocolope, but the other two will be the neighbors.

@Bobbi they go 32 - 82 inches tall. Well over 6 feet. I would recommend you do a SCROG Honestly in a 4x4 I would go 3 or 4 plants max if you scrog or or you let them grow to a certain size and get them flowering.

I think I could fill my 3x3 tent with one Gold Leaf or other Sativa, though I would most likely do two different strains, side by side.

Other things include any time constraints you might have?

I’m facing the space crunch right now as my GL has really beefed up and I have to build a SCROG for her today before she gets to big for my tent.

@bob31 SCROG, not sure what that is but I’ll read up on it. I’d love to see photos of your GL and how you build a SCROG please, when you have time of course. My time is my own, I have nothing else to do. I’m finding the planting, caring and harvesting great fun!

1 Like

Ok @Bobbi sounds good. I will post pics and tag you later today. SCROG stands for screen of green. And basically it is a net or similar that you put over the top of your plant to spread them out so they grow sideways and not as much up. There are a bunch of topics here. I need to build a frame and get mine done!

1 Like

@Bobbi I posted this on an older thread but this is what I did. I used a ■■■■ travel money card. Regular ■■■■ and ■■■■■■■■■■ prepaid cards are now only good for US purchases. I got my travel card at my local AAA office. It cost me 10 dollars for the card because I’m not a member and the minimum deposit is 100 dollars but it is reloadable. Nice anonymous way to purchase overseas without going through your bank or sending cash.

Edit: @Bobbi I read further and saw that you got your seeds so disregard! Happy growing!

1 Like

@bob31 Okay, I watched many video’s on SCROG, looks easy but time consuming. I think it would work for my 3 Chocolope plants if that’s all I put in the tent. But I have the neighbors two plants of feminized Northern Lights to deal with too. I’ll have to think about this, meanwhile I’m waiting for your plans and photos to get finished.

Hi @Bobbi I was hoping to get to it tonight, but I ran out of time and my back is nagging me a bit. It might not be till Wednesday now, but I will be sure to take some pics.

basically I have this older plastic coated fencing. The openings are like 2" x 2"

I am going to stretch it out and trim it to fit the area I am going to scrog which will wind up being like 1.5 feet wide x 3 feet long. (the back half of the 3x3 tent. I was going to build a frame but I’m not sure about that. I do have some thin boards called furring strips that I can build a frame with. But I will figure that out tomorrow or Wednesday.

On the other front, do you have room and have you considered a second tent?

1 Like

this is one I made from fence and some 1×1 plow stakes used a staple gun and stapled the fence to the plow stakes it worked pretty well or you can buy a cloth one on line

2 Likes

@eric2 Thanks for the photo, looks easy enough to put together. How many plants can I do in a 4’ x 4’ X 6’ 3" tent?

I did 3 gold leaf in a 3 x 3 x 8 I could have filled the Scroge with just one in a 3 x 3 it would’ve taken a little longer I started them on April 16 and this is what it looks like now A little crowded there are about 3 feet from the floor

5 Likes

Hi @Bobbi I am scrogging two photo period plants right now. Day three at 12/12 lighting schedule. I will have photos and an update wednesday. Here is my grow journal

Trial of Firsts

1 Like