Burning up clip on fans like nothing any suggestions for a good one?

@Hogmaster That’s what I want to hear brother I just wanted to know it wasn’t just me LOL every time I shut the damn things off they seized up! :thumbsdown:

1 Like

@Paranorman have you found anything better that works where I’m at it’s wintertime said they don’t sell fans anymore until spring stupid because I like to be able to buy a fan in the winter time to you know but I’ve been trying to find something that will work the best thing I have found is one of the standup osculating fans but it takes up a lot of room so I still have them little bastards in there

Yeah I figured after the third one I don’t shut them off anymore or you have to take the fan shroud off and spend it by hand to get the damn thing to run I made sure to keep my boxes this time I’m taking them back after I’m done with them

Exactly I have two of the $20 ones from the hydro store that I don’t have the slip or box for pisses me off man

And the rest are the $10 Big Box store fans, I’m not going to spend $20 anymore cause they all suck at any price

I’m going to have Amazon Prime Shoot Me 2 of the $10 El cheapos and I’ll use them until I shut them off then I’ll get two more I guess

Yeah we don’t have Hydro stores anywhere near im at i’d have to drive 500 miles maybe three I’d have to look but I do have a shop in another town close to me that sells Foxfarm soil and they’re open all year round they don’t really do our kind of growing and I don’t want to pick something off Amazon without being able to actually see it the damn thing before I buy it

I’m in the middle of downtown everywhere here so it’s just the opposite but they suck here just like they suck they’re they’re the worst freaking things

1 Like

One thing I noticed is some of the cheapest don’t attached well but I’ve got so many of the good clip-on bases saved from the pricey ones I’ve thrown out I could go on like this forever !

2 Likes

you can actually service your fan clean them out soak bearings and put back into service if you catch them before they are fried just a thought

2 Likes

The clip sucks on my clip on fan and when you try to adjust it always breaks free of the clamp.

Next time I’m getting something like this. Small 17" upright oscillating fan.

www.amazon.com/Seville-Classics-EHF10121-Electric-Mini/dp/B010DC8OLQ

Well I just bought another one, $15 Amazon Prime coming Sunday

I noticed a little bit of leaf burn so I got to get something moving air in between the lights and the tops

If it’s decent I’m going to have them send me another one for the veg tent, I don’t need it right now but I will soon

1 Like

Vornado makes some good fans available at home depot may need to order on line this time of year but might be worth a look

This one I use for floor of my tent but again many styles to choose from

2 Likes

If you’re losing other equipment like hair dryers, microwave and things of that nature. You might consider checking the ground at the electrical panel. If it’s not bonded properly it will cause you to lose electrical equipment faster than usual. Just a thought

3 Likes

Those are pretty good mine are on the way to me now

New Fans installed

1 Like

those rock, I have a couple of them for my shop

1 Like

They work great I have one hanging in one of my tents it moves a ton of air

Yeah I only usually get about a year out of my fans … doesn’t matter which ones they are , they only usually last about a year , but then again , I never shut any of them off … they run constant until they die… :wink:

:v: :sunglasses:

3 Likes

Look up lasko 6" clip on fan I bought one last winter to move a little heat from pellet stove in living room to dining room and now its been in my veg room so its been being used since November and works fine…moves a good amount of air for a 6" fan… it’s 18.99 got it on Amazon

2 Likes

Lol just relized how old post is sure you got one by now…anyway good fan I’ve turned it on and off many times works great

2 Likes

Don’t worry Bro, with that huge harvest you just did we all understand how your brain is functioning about now! :rofl:
@WillyJ

Oh crap! Just relized I did the same thing! :thinking:

4 Likes