Advice for beginning grower. Help please!

Soaked seeds for 24 hrs soaked rockwool for 24hrs in phed water. One seed cracked other didn’t. Put in rock wool wrapped in aluminum foil on plate on top of clay pellets with a little phed water covered with plastic dome. Is there anything else I need to do for germination? Set light cycle for 18/6 light about 1.5 ft away. Is this the correct lighting? I have a dimmable ballast 600W mh bulb I set it at 75% is that correct or should I set it for 50% or 100%? Just trying to get as much right as possible.

place a sheet of white paper over the dome it will reduce light more over you want to keep seedling warm the diffuse light is enough to get seed started and create warmth in the dome be patient.

Ok thanks did that this morning

When should I take paper off dome?

if they’ve sprouted and you are happy they have some true leaves then take paper off and allow more airflow to get them acclimatizing so they don’t stretch too much

What’s the best way to keep humidity up??

A humidifier is best

cool mist humidifier works quite well bonus it slightly lower temp too

thanks guys I picked one up yesterday morning. I started a grow journal on this site would you all please chime in with you advice and check it out. Here’s the link: Ak47/ WW first grow ever Hydroponics guidance needed!

Sorry I didn’t know how to go about inviting ppl to the post.

OK buddy I was recently forced into starting my own grow by the impending shutdown of the dispensary’s in mt! Do not buy a cash crop box whether it is a new one with led lights or the older ones with cfl the box will be useless after a few crops! Invest the extra few hundred dollars and buy the supercloset!
It has leds and panels not mylar that is not even properly glued down as the cash crop box! So do yourself a favor and get the supercloset it will last you forever! It also has support, and a grow tutorial in dvd form!
It also comes as a hydro unit or soil, get the hydro is way simpler even as a new grower! Comes with enough nutrients for your 1st few grows also! The technaflora system does work! Though in actuality you do not have to go out and buy a lot of new stuff. You can simplify the nutrients you use I suggest download some books on growing cannabis, because all the system grow kits want to sell you everything they can! Try to stick to basics and don’t go buy everything you see!
Also if you are inexperienced try getting some of the auto flowering and feminized seeds, they do not get that big, you can actually keep the lights on 24/7 if you want to though I do suggest letting plants get 6 hrs rest! They do not produce a ton but they stay small and they will flower when it is their time, no adjusting light times etc! That is the simplest way to get started. If you do what I suggest you will save over 500 on the cash crop box and get a really fine growing cabinet in the supergrow system! If you have a desire to see their only competition imho go to BCGROW they also produce some fine cabinet grow rooms! I hope this helps and saves you money if someone gave me this exact same advice I would have saved over 800 dollars in the past 3 months! FREE THE WEED FREE THE PEOPLE!!!

1 Like

@philz . [quote=“philz, post:70, topic:4312”]
Also if you are inexperienced try getting some of the auto flowering and feminized seeds, they do not get that big,
[/quote]

I have to disagree with you on the advice your giving about feminized seed’s .Being feminized will not play a part as to the size or height of the plant …That is Genetics … my in door , Rainbow Kush, ( FEMINIZED ) was placed in bud 12x12 hr’s at a height of 24-28 " tall and has 2weeks left in bloom , and is 7 1/2 ft tall …and is 4 1/2 wide …And one more thing they Do require a photo period of 12x12 to bloom Unlike the auto flower’s … Please do not confuse people as to this Difference … Better would be to check out Roberts Seed bank , and read the plant descriptions to help to guild you to a good selection ,Best suited to your growing environment … Best wishes .Hammer

2 Likes

my reply was to use auto flowering seeds because they do not grow that big I said feminized also because you can buy auto flowering feminized seeds to simplify matters for him so he does not have to c lone for sex . I am aware that feminized seeds grow big lol! Plz reading comprehension ftw!

FTW ??? and the way you typed it …IT reads as a separate Items .Hammer

1 Like

That’s what I thought it mint lol… F the world but if you read his previous Post’s you can see his definition of it…

1 Like