A beginners guide from germinating to harvest to help answer most questions that most beginners have trouble with in getting started

Well this gone be an easy 6-10 ounce if not 14-20 seriously!!!

1 Like

If i got 10 id do backflips

@Brian091180 I promise you this plant will do 10 ounces if not more easy if you run the the two 600 watts and the 900 watt in flower . Just don’t over do your ppm and keep your ph consistent . Now when you get into flower start your ph off at 6.2 than raise it by one decimal number every week , so first week 6.2 the whole 7 days that week and than on the same day the following week raise your ph one decimal number to 6.3 for that week and so on until you get to 6.5 and than keep at 6.5 once you reach it for the remaining of the grow in flower , and do the same for your ppm by raising it by 100 ppm until you get to 1500 so try to start it out at 1000 in the first week from the switch and consistent at the same for each week and raise it 100 each week the same as the ph and try not to burn her through out flowering , now if it’s just the tips try not to let it get worst , and I promise you’ll hit 10 ounces easy if not more Bee .

3 Likes

Just an update on my lil plant progress since I gave her 4 days to dry out more and tonight I feed her and man she drank almost the whole gallon . Now I did add some 1 teaspoon and half Floranova bloom 4-8-7 , 15 ml of terpinator , 2 ml of overdrive by advance , 2 scoops of recharge , 1 tablespoon of seaweed extract , 1 ml of Bud factor X , and 4 small scoops of Beastie Bloomz and forgot the Calmag but I’ll give her some Calmag next watering Friday or Saturday when I water her again , but she is looking a whole lot better I think and I schwazzy them big fan leaves and left just enough to get light energy but the last two weeks I’m cutting all the rest of them off on her last feeding . Well after checking on her I fed the plant , I decided to check the trichomes and to my surprise it’s like 20% Amber and cloudy …Wow so I’ll give her two more weeks I guess so I put schedule on 10/14 and I’ll give her one more feeding with Cha-Ching but man I’m am super impress with "13 Essentials " and to @Hogmaster buddy get ready cause I had no clue of what it would do but wow this plant should flower at least another 3-4 weeks but from checking the trichomes she is showing Amber even on the lowest buds flowers which is the first time I’ve seen a plant ripen this fast , but it’s not a big yielding strain I’m guessing cause the plant was not really stressed , so I’m amazed by what I’m seeing as results , so I guess I’ll be getting two ILGM O.G.Kush seeds started and get my self watering buckets ready with the new soil Promix Sunshine #4 with 5-8-4 Fox Farm bag fertilizer , earth worm castings , perlite , and Mykos and Azos ready probably by this weekend while I finish up the grandson pine wood derby car , but I thought I had more time than this at least but I don’t know the strain , it was four seeds given to me and only one germinated out of the four and I did not separate are mark them due to not being prepared and no time shoot fire , but all in all it was good experiment for me not using any liquid grow nutrients which I probably should have to pump them up more but I thought the soil would do it all at least in vegging and I schwazzy the hell out of the plant which might contribute to a low yield as well not really knowing the technique actually , experimenting but it’s how you honestly learn in my opinion . But I’m satisfied from the resin production , the smell of the terpines and I’ll even split the stalk this weekend after her last feeding and give it a shot I guess to see results now it’s close to finish , Happy Growing my friends and keep green , organic and clean !!!

4 Likes

Hey @yoshi! I am not a pro at all but your plant looks super good to me. How long is she in flower now?
I started flowering mine a while ago and I am not sure if I should cut away the fan leaves, what’s your opinion? Here a picture.

Have a nice day, Deibiddo :slight_smile:

1 Like

@yoshi Brother that is so awesome good job

@Deibiddo I would not cut the fan leaves off your plant, one it’s not heavy in foliage which is plenty of fan leaves, and two I think it’s a clone if I’m not mistaken, but from the photo it would need most of the fan leaves it has to produce more energy.

1 Like

It’s not really clear as I would like but I was trying to give those who are following the thread what my trichomes looked like as of now after only 5 weeks in flower now I believe .

4 Likes

This is how I chart my grow journals and keep as a record to what I’ve gave the plants, how much, on what day and how to really understand the duration in vegging and flowering on each grow. Now I’m excited to determine the difference from indoors under Led compared to vegging outside in the natural sun :sunny:, so this next grow is gone be very interesting I believe, so this weekend I’ll start terming my two O.G.Kush seeds I bought here about two years ago and see how much of a difference it would make vegging outside compared to inside under grow lights.

2 Likes

Purple colors in your plants stalks is not always indication of issues!

The color of leaves, stems, stalks, and petioles are a big part of our marijuana plant’s language as it tries to tell us if it’s happy or suffering.
Purple stems may be telling you that your plants will grow slower, buds will form slowly, buds will be smaller and less developed.
Purple stems, stalks, and petioles may be a warning sign of problems with nutrients, root zone pH, plant health, or grow room environment.
A stressed cannabis plant will often have purple stems and other parts.
But… some marijuana strains are genetically programmed to have purple stalks, stems, petioles, and leaves.
Check out these beautiful purple marijuana strains, for example.
You can discover if the strain you’re growing is genetically programmed to be purple by looking at strain descriptions, photos, and YouTube videos… and by asking the strain’s breeder.
If your grow op has multiple strains all fed and lit the same way but only one strain is going purple, and if there are no grow or yield problems other than purpling, you’ve got nothing to worry about.
However if you’re growing multiple strains and most or all plants have purple stems, petioles, and stalks, you’ve likely got problems to diagnose and fix.
The most common purple problems come from hydroponics nutrients disorders and root zone issues.
Phosphorus and magnesium lockout or deficiencies are at the top of the list.
Purple stems can also come from nitrogen or potassium deficiencies or lockouts.
Nutrients issues can be frustratingly complicated.
Please look at this series of articles giving you a scientific way of diagnosing and fixing nutrients problems.
Fixing magnesium deficiencies is easier than fixing phosphorus, nitrogen, or potassium problems.
You root or foliar feed Epsom salts at a rate of ¼ teaspoon of Epsom salts per gallon root feed or a 130 ppm foliar feed at 5.7 pH.
You can root feed Sensi Cal-Mag in grow phase and the first three weeks of bloom phase.
In bloom phase, root feed Bud Candy, Bud Factor X, and Microbial Munch (all three have magnesium).
Fixing phosphorus deficiency is challenging because there are few solo phosphorus supplements.
If I suspect phosphorus deficiency, I add B-52 in grow phase, and B-52 and Big Bud in bloom phase.
The B-52 provides added phosphorus, nitrogen, and potassium, along with B vitamins that help stressed plants.
B vitamins also increase bud development.
Beware that most bloom boosters contain way too much phosphorus in relation to potassium.
Inferior hydroponics base nutrients and supplements can create lockout and deficiencies, as can incorrect root zone pH, bad water, overwatering, and overfeeding.
And if you routinely add a solo element like magnesium into your root zone, you may eventually create other problems, such as nutrients lockout.
Only feed materials such as Epsom Salts for one or two watering cycles, then stop using that material, and see what happens.
If you’ve tried flushing, adding individual nutrient elements such as magnesium, eliminating grow room environmental problems, pests, and diseases, and you still have purple stems, petioles and other plant parts, watch your purpling plants closely.
If they’re purple but they’re otherwise growing well, no worries.
But if they’re growing slowly or not at all, if bud development is delayed and inadequate, if they’re not using much water or nutrients, this is most likely a sign of a defective strain.
This is especially verified if you’re growing other strains in the exact same environment and they’re doing great.
For example, I had a 3000-watt grow room with five different strains.
Four strains grew fine and yielded big.
One strain had purple stems from three weeks into grow phase.
I couldn’t fix it.
Those plants grew slowly with weak stems and stalks.
They didn’t yield enough weight, even though the buds were potent.

5 Likes

Cloudy :partly_sunny: 80% and 10% clear and amber so I’m drying them out for a sample, but on my the terpernoids is super strong very citrus :lemon: lemon smell , so this sour diesel I think is gone be a great quality just not a big yielder.

7 Likes

Great information @yoshi. I always read your posts with much enthusiasm. Thanks for sharing your knowledge and experience.

1 Like

WOW, that is amazing

Wow, beautiful & level canopy, a work of art my friend!

I went on and tried the split stem technique and I ran my Co2 Grow bro this entire grow due having a bigger inline 6 inch 435 Cfm inline fan I was able to control humidity levels at 39% with the yeast and sugar Co2 release but I did used hot ice this time, but I gave her one last feeding pHed at 6.7 going in and 1240 ppm and the run off was 6.3 and 1640 ppm coming out which I’ll let her dry completely out for this week and adjusted lights to 18 inches and turn the both dials to full power on Advance XTE 200’s so hopefully she fluff up another 10-20% and I’ll trim her out and hang to dry.

4 Likes

that’s cold and calculated @yoshi,great looking buds as usual sir!

Man if you could only smell it and now I wish I didn’t prune it to nothing but it’s how we learn. But I rubbed the stalk with my fingers and no joke I tasted my fingers and you would not believe you can actually taste the terpines already off your fingers. That right there let’s me know it’s gone be some gas, but terpinator, mammoth p, recharge, and 13 essentials will forever be my main additives with B-52, Silica, and Fox farm trio Open Seaseme , Beastie Bloomz, and Cha - Ching but I did Cha Ching once before I started Beastie Bloomz and than went back to Beastie than cha-ching, I just be trying stuff but I hope I can get the same results in my next plant. I’m over whelmed with the citrus aroma that wreaks out of the plant when watering and to taste :tongue: without smoking it yet…incredible! The bad part is I don’t know the strain due to the seeds was given to me and it’s was the only one out of four that germinated sucks balls, but the plant did outstanding threw the whole grow, never stressed and vegged great and bloom was not as intense in stretching as to a white widow are haze plant.

3 Likes

Hey what are the 13 Essentials you keep talking about… ?
I keep forgetting to ask… :wink:

:v: :sunglasses:

3 Likes

@peachfuzz did you get a chance to read up on 13 Essentials yet , from what I’ve noticed so far it’s pretty good stuff and a little goes a long way at .5ml a gallon and you foliar spray it to the plants and the plants absorb it through the stomata in nanometers levels for aggressive feeding results . I didn’t get it in time for the whole vegetative stage but I could really tell almost in about two hours after spraying the plant really perk up big time from the foliar feeding , now I’m sure it’s other brands out there like flower kiss but fox farm and Floraliscious by General hydroponics I think I could be wrong , but I went with the 13 Essentials and I could tell it was working really good from the plant response . My next grow I’ll know more precisely on how good or how bad from start to finish when I start my next seeds in the wicking bucket system , I really love that technology it makes everything so much simpler far as watering and feeding plus I added air stones to the two I used and that did pretty good adding oxygen to the reservoir , but I’m almost about finish this one plant and than I’ll be doing two more for my season grow , now last time I used them I had a widow plant and Kush plant which the widow plant out stretch my lil tent again for the third time but the Kush plant did better , so I’m not sure if I want do two white widows and commit to a scrog are two Kush plants and do it the way I know worked from my last grow and notes …decision , decisions , decisions , but I’ll be using promix sunshine #4 this time for the whole pot cause I order a 50 lb brick bag of it but no ocean forest which will be my first time using promix so I’ll have to figure out the ph and go from there with it , but being its .5 ml a gallon I think it will benefit you in your grow lab .

3 Likes