3rd try-Hopefully i wont get caught this time.SOME COMEDY

You could have a runoff reservoir under pot for drainage then have at with ya meters. Have a ppm ph partay

Yes you can scrog a dwc. Ktreez has done it. I was going to buy some of the really cheap collection trays for putting under house plants to collect run off in for scrog in soil. But Iā€™ve decided I like screw around with my plants too much for a screen to ever work for me. I like moving them around, and looking at them from every angle

2 Likes

When flushing you donā€™t use nutrients until you have fully flushed the pot. Only then would you add a nutrient feeding, because you just rinsed all the old nutes out. Make sense now lol? If not I can explain it better for you.

And yeaa dude, DWC and SCROG are AWESOME haha, I didnā€™t finish the SCROG tho, but I will do it again to completion soon. :v:

1 Like

You really want to do a screen? You cut your last one cause it was killing you not being able to move shit around.

1 Like

Seebi thought you had to change out the water in the reservoir once a week, or something. That and not being able to move em had me confused since the screen is above em. Just another process to learn pretty amazing all the ways to grow and things there is to learn. Its min boggeling for a drop out that never sought after addituonal education, so i have a lazy brain and its hard to retain it even after i read it back and for several times. Im gettin a little better at it though, quizzing myself. I know i can count on you for info and others on here, badass bunch

1 Like

I swear i read that to add on the grow bible to add a normal dose of grow big to remove the salts in the soil to start the flush. I looked and cant find it now, its a conspiracy i knew it made no sense even if i am a challanged learner lol

Thatā€™s the biggest obstacle you face if growing a SCROG on a DWC setup.

For me, I would lift the entire net pot, with the plant still in it, and switch out the entire bucket. Iā€™m kind of unconventional when it comes to my DWC setup. When I do water changes, Iā€™m actually changing the bucket out completely. Instead of draining the bucket that has my plant in it, I simply remove the net pot and place it over a freshly mixed nutrient solution in a freshly cleaned 5 gal bucket.

But, I had figured out an easier way for a DWC setup with a SCROG. In order to do it, you would need high ceilings though.

Basically you make a table in your tent. The table would be about 3ā€™ tall. You then would cut out a circle for your pet pot to sit inside of the circle. But not completely inside the circle, because the table needs to hold the net pot without allowing it to drop through, this is important.

Under the table you simply place a support, something like a block of wood or a milk crate, basically anything you want. On top of the support, would be your 5 gal bucket. The support needs to be tall enough to make the bucket fit flush with the table, but also needs to be tall enough so that if you were to remove the support, the bucket would be able to drop down to the ground, and the roots of the net pot would be hanging in the air.

This would allow you to change out the water easily, without ever actually moving the plant with the SCROG on it. If I had the space, I would do this with all of my grows, not just the SCROG setup.

Hope you can imagine what Iā€™m trying to explain. If not let me know, Iā€™ll try to make it understandable. :v:

2 Likes

Yup i picture what your describing. Even with that your gonna have to move buckets full of water from under the table . I guess you could put each bucket on a square dolleys for moving stuff.

An idea- build standard scrog structure the height of the bucket plus 1 foot, make screen sepepate from frame. attach pvc pipes vertically to each leg of the scrog sub frame 16" or so higher than the framing. Make the screen and attach slightly smaller diameter pvc legs vertically on the frame . Make sure to attatch them where they slide inside the larger pvc legs of the scrog frame. See where im going? Get ratched straps and hang from the ceiling with lower clip attatched to the scrog screen in the dead center. Now you can use this to pull the screen up and it wont sway due to its positions inside the other pvc (like a piston)
Then you need a rolling platform to put the buckets on. Put handles on the end of the platform that faces you so you can pull it out when its time to change out the buckets. The bucket lids will have to be loosely sitting on top cuz you wont be able to climb under the scrig and pull up each edge like a 5 gallon bucket lid. It needs to slide right up and lower right down. When you set it all up the first time take tape or a marker and trace the bottom edge of the buckets onto the platform and the edges around the platform on the ground so you know where to position it each time you have pulled the platform out so the buckets line back up.with lids as you lower the platform. i just thought of a problem. , this would pull the plants out of their net baskets. So maybe suspend the bucket lids with.Zip ties or equivalent so the lidand net pot both come up and stay inline when you lower it back down. I made an illustration with my spen but i dont think it wants to upload. It has said 100% but its still spinning

1 Like

3 Likes

Ahhh now I get it.

Enjoying my S pen lol

3 Likes

You can also use thisā€¦I use it hot pepper and. the Hotter the better Works Great !
Will

Tabacco Juice recipe

Take 3 strong ciggeretes soak them over night in water
Boil it for 2 to 3 miniutes, let it cool off and spray the plants 3 to 4 times a week. You can add safer soap if you like to the mixture.
(make absolutly sure you use gloves/face protection while handling and spraying)
Neem oil works very well too!!
ZBQ has an excellent thread on how to use neem oil without geting your plants to oily!!
i

1 Like

Great imagination and creativity @kushpa!

That design would work, and would be awesome to see! And yea that S pen is awesome too! :v:

I look at the link and see atable of contents on different subjects but couldnt find the topic you were referring to. Would you mind clarifying it . I am interested in reading it

Should have asked you before but this tatcic works for autos? I hope so they are on day 3 of datkness

You know I really donā€™t think so. Those auto. You really canā€™t do anything with them.
Now Iā€™m not saying for sure but I really donā€™t think it wouldnā€™t hurt.
Keep me posted cause I just started two autoā€™s so I would know if it worked for ya

Will

I have NIB greenhouse just like that. Cannot figure out where I want to put it. :

Hey your backā€¦will talk with you later tonight

So i took the autos out of the darkness and back into the light. I cant tell if it did good or not. I think the plants are just dead on a stick. When you squeese the buds , the leaves are crunchy and the buds feel slightly moist. Smell decent but mostly green like vegetation. I cut a top bud off that had mite webbing on it and the stwm was hard and dry all the way thru not sappy. I guess my only hope is that when it cures that it gest more potent. If not maybe give a try at bubble hash or an edible. Im guessing i will get 2.5 oz off the 2 white widows, so i want ro get some happiness out of all my hard work.

Can u believe they dont even taste good! i tried to smoke some last week and it was sad sad sadā€¦ Maybe it will get better once cured.

1 Like

My 2 pineapple haze ( photo) have been showing deficiencies for awhile now even though all number are fine. I got some 3 gallon smart pots and decided to repot them from the gas station square foam coolers they were in to the round gabric pots. That was a big pain in the butt. I ripped the foam cooler apart and the root ball was hard as a rock and petrified to the form of the cooler that it grew in. The dirt wouldnt come loose so i soaked the root ball in a 5 gal bucket of water for 30 minutes, occasions moving it ip and down and reaching under the water to try to break i t uo and soften the mass. It dint work hardly at all. So i put them in the fabric pots. Which was alot of NOT FUN, putting big muddy soggy square root ball into a fabric round pot that keeps collaspsing . I finally fought it in there and the stupid plants rootball is 4 inches taller than the new fabric pot , sticking up above the pot. Godsclown rides again.!! It was a big stupid ness and the mosquitoes were biting. Woke up in the couch later that day with black feet from dumping Ocean Forest soil all over them. I would have like to take pics but my hands up to my forearms were filthy

1 Like