1st grow, "KISS" method down the drain

Lia, didn’t realize you were still working even though I think you mentioned not working. Regular work anyway, besides all the work you’ve been putting in lately with your girls. You deserve the time off!! In fact, take the rest of the week off, lol! So glad that everything is slowly but surely coming together for you, think you can breathe a little easier now. Relax, enjoy the day, sun shining here…

Yes, I have purchased those already from Amazon, 3&5 gal bags and currently using them. Big Bud is the only one in 5 gal bag at this time. My tent is down through basement in back garage and it gets quite humid in the tent. My dehumidifier is arriving Thursday. Read where humidity should be around 45/50 at that stage. I do not want that mold! Do you think there could be mold or bud rot on street weed? Never seen before, would we know?

Day… 96?

Leaf symptoms not getting worse, 4 days since I watered with ProTekt potassium silicate additive. I’ve also been using it as a foliar spray every day.

Phew.

7 Likes

@Lia looking much better now with a silicate form of potassium

Happy growings

1 Like

Thank you! :grin::sparkling_heart:

1 Like

Lookin good Lia! :laughing:

Anything is possible with the street and the brick weed from Mexico is cured under big tarps outdoors in big piles so I’m sure that has some
Good deal on dehumidifier depending on growth stage
seedlings and sprouts like higher humidity around 80%
But I will maintain a50-55 % humidity inmy grow room the rest of my grow @bonnie1
They look happy @Lia

1 Like

This dehumidifier is small but hope it works. My humidity has been high, one day went to 90, so I do need it, especially when humidity shouldn’t go over 45 or 50 right? Yeah, I’m sure I’ve smoked some moldy weed in my day! I’m working on getting all temps and humidity under control as best I can. Too much rain!! Have great memorial weekend :smiley::grin:

@Lia Have a great memorial weekend! Hope your weather is better than mine. Even though the holiday is a washout, everything is getting so green and growing… it’s beautiful here in upstate New York already!! :grimacing::herb::seedling::deciduous_tree:

Day 98ish.

All the plants still looking good except Elizabeth.

I watered everybody lightly, except watered Elizabeth all the way to runoff. Water went in pHed to 6.8 with a few drops of Herculean Harvest, ranoff at 6.1. WTF. So I ran through another half gallon straight tap water at 7.02, ranoff at 6.76.

1 Like

Increase her dose of cal mag and phosphorus…slightly though. Adding potassium silicate or silicon will increase the uptake of these elements as well as nitrogen and a few other elements

Day 100 from sprout!

I brought Buffy down for a field trip into the sun.

My first chance to compare. So small compared to the warriors! Here she is next to Elizabeth, who is still struggling with yellowing/crispifying leaves.

Also a chance to look at the trichomes in daylight.
The pictures don’t show very well but there’s amber scattered all over!

I could probably harvest any day but I’m gonna let them go at least another week, really up the amber.

9 Likes

Those are lookin strong and tasty. Very nice Lia, let me know when you light up!

1 Like

Oh, already taken some samples. Getting more potent every week. Very heady and relaxing, with a little vertigo. Looking forward to seeing what happens when we get into major amber territory.

Oh yeah me too! Need to know about the longer you wait, the more amber it gets, therefore stronger, right? I want to harvest a plant early if I can, but I’ll need help during the flowering and 12/12. Can I ask your help if I need it, I trust your opinion? I need a little strong weed for arthritis pain. Just found out why my ankle is spraining all the time, both ankles have arthritis, wtf, oh well, whatyagointodo? Smoke good weed, that’s what! Can’t wait to sample like you’re doing right now! Good luck and hope you’re other girls have complete recovery! :grimacing::seedling:

Definitely read up on trichomes and when to harvest. Short version: they start clear, then get cloudy as the THC content increases, which is what makes you feel high. Then as they ripen they turn Amber and eventually THC reduces and you get more effect from the CBD, which is the painkilling chemical, and is less psychoactive.

I’ll gladly share my experiences, but I’m a total noob, so definitely listen to the pros before me!

I do listen to the pros. Have been reading all of the guides, journals, etc. In order to really understand flowering/harvesting, I guess I’ll just have experience it. I’ll be fine. Just had little problem with nute burning one of my plants and that’s because I’m listening to too many people telling me to start nutes, and some saying not to with ffof. So I’m getting confused. I’m going to veg out with my girls during veg stage and I’ll know when to start 12/12 to start flowering. It’s all good, thanks and good luck, I’ll keep reading your journal

Watered to runoff today! Added 1/2t ProTekt and pHed down with 2t Herculean Harvest. 6.8 going in, 6.7 coming out. Hurray!

1 Like

Hi @Majiktokr , your are so smart and have so much knowledge , although I’m jumping in this post , I just had to say
thank you for reaching out and spreading your experiences , I hope you don’t mind if I tag you on any concerns or need help!! Sorry @Lia for jumping in , I read your Journal as much as I can , I to am a beginner

Sorry Again
MB

1 Like

@MBgrower no I dont mind at all that’s what im here for