1st grow, "KISS" method down the drain

I can’t get any photos that show amber, but it’s all over! It’s just really inconsistent. Some buds are covered in it, some just have traces.

Buffy in the sunlight:

My attempts to photograph trichomes:

Testing another bud today, sharing for the first time.

8 Likes

Fuuuuuuudge.

Left Buffy unsupervised in the sun, and this monster decided she looked delicious:

Now I know. He isn’t interested in the vegging plants, but he’ll Chow down on the flowers.

3 Likes

@Lia, she is saying she’s sorry with her eyes, cute pup!

1 Like

On the other hand, the cat really doesn’t give a damn.

4 Likes

My dog love to eat the leaves!

So how bad was the damage? I saw the broken stem. Did he actually eat the buds?

He nibbled about half a bud off.

He be nice and calm today lol
Sorry to hear that @Lia
Mine did the same thing once got so high he didn’t move for about 24 hours my wife actually took him to the vet lol
I think they knew what he ate lol

I thought it had to be heated to be psychoactive. No?

1 Like

I don’t believe so
I think you heat it to get rid of the psychoactive effect no ?

There only one way to find out…just sayin :wink:

2 Likes

Plants are lookin great Lia!

Day 81 of flower, and the scoobies smell so strong I moved them to the basement. I’m hoping the second floor will be cannabis-fragrance-free.

It’s cooler and more humid, but I have the fan going, and the humidity is 72% even while it’s raining outside.

Timer is on 10/14, trying to push them to finish this upcoming week. Target harvest date was June 7, and I really hope they’ll be ready. But the absolute drop dead date is June 15, coming up fast! Got to get them up to dry, and rotate in the next group of plants to flower before I leave for vacation.

Trying to make it easiest for my dogsitter/budsitter.

Woo!

1 Like

I have a harvest question. I know I’m looking for % amber, but it varies widely. Not just plant to plant, or bud to bud. Each cola has patches of dense amber, patches where some trichomes are still clear.

Do I take an average of the whole bud? Wait for it to become consistent?

1 Like

I usually wait for consistency

2 Likes

NICE ! Your plants are really recovering well. Too bad you got problems so late but that is usually where it happens. The plants start using up nutes really fast and keeping up with them is key. I had a similar problem on my last grow but did not know about potassium silicate or silicon. I just fed potassium and phos to make up. Still came out good. I am watching to see if it clears up well and how the harvest comes out. Keep it goin !

1 Like

@Majiktoker If you add silicon silicate to the plants, would you recommend increasing the micro and macro nutes so you do not cause other deficiencies due to the nutes being used up quicker?

After a couple weeks of use yes as the plant gets older you can increase the silica or silicon to the plants, as well as micro and macro nutrients.

When you increase the micro and macro nutrients do it slowly, and ever so often increase the amount of silicon added to them as they will need it when they get bigger because of having more spots to transport sugars and foods as well as water @TxGrowman

2 Likes

The weather psychics are saying it’ll be 90 degrees a week from today! :open_mouth:

Plans in the meantime:

1. plant Jane in the ground.
  2. Get Elizabeth’s pH squared away.
  3. Harvest the scoobies.
  4. Put Wilbur and Katniss into flower.

BOOM. Bring it on, June!

6 Likes

Let’s do this! Finally… Wait did you say 90s? How about some mid 70s???

1 Like