Zkittles “Taste the Rainbow”

Excellent work you’re doing there! They look great!

2 Likes

I like your constant revolving set up. Im looking forward to doing something like that myself . Just got done paying for all of my first set up and ordered the cannatrol cool cure machine for dry/cure/ hold. It’s setting me back another 1700. But everything will pay itself off by second grow.
Have a place to move into where I have freedom to fix up however I wish before I move in. Being single and no kids I’m going to take the bedrooms and turn into my grow rooms. 1 sealed nice with 4 GC ROI 720s , co2 , Mr cool split ac and the whole 9 yards. The other is going to be for stuff like kiwi, pineapple, lemons etc. and a little section for my shroomage :+1: but is going to take sone time and money so realistically thinking going to be till at least spring of next year.

1 Like

Sounds like fun! I wish you luck.

1 Like

Looks like you got your stuff together. I like growing outdoor. I got my greenhouse ( not heated) with good AZ sunshine. Plants grow very good around here. I mix my own soil and use 20 gallon fabric pots. I use alot of compost tea and jacks with kool bloom. I got purple panty dropper and snow g for next year with others. But those are my homeland strains. Im from nor-cal (eureka) i really like there genetics. Seem to be stronger more mold resistant plants. Not to mention the frosty nugs.
Now that you can grow indoor for a fare price i would love to get a tent for wintertime fun.

Just asking because I am truly interested. The trellis on your lemon Haze seems to have 12"×12"(inch) squares. Is that for singel plant support w here you can pull the lower growth up above. Are you using it as a sog? Beautiful though

The one time I send my wife to the greenhouse… I will be using smaller squares when I scrog the skittlez next.

1 Like

Yeah I do want to try outdoors next season to. I just got 31 seeds for that purpose. A few I will be able to throw in a little mix of chicken Pooh , hay, and a little compost but am very limited and don’t have funds to go all out and or even put in bags. These puppies are going straight to the ground. Not going to put a whole lot of effort in either. Just do what I can and see how things come out type of thing.

I have 4 lemon haze in 10 gallon fabric pots. When I do the skittlez I’m gonna drop down to 7 gallon pots and do 4 of those. These haze I originally tried to manifold. Had 1 split, but stay intact. Had another split where I lost one side. 2 I manicured extensively, the other 2 not so much. I was worried about running short on height. Won’t be a problem with the skittlez.

Yeah am going to need lotsa luck. Will be fun but lots of work to get there. I owe , I owe, it’s off to work I go.

I love growing outside. The only thing you have to do is loosen up the soil well. Gotta have loam. We use chicken wire to keep the critters away. They’re mostly after the nutrients in the soil. They can smell them. Here’s another tip: when growing outdoors, do not use any fertilizers with fish emulsion, kelp, or kale.

Did this post by accident, didn’t know it would go this far, was supposed to be a BOM post, but glad it did. This and the rest of my grows will be hydro to the end. Too much tinkering with soil for me, too many variables…critters, to dry or to wet, flushing if ph too high, etc…Last 3 nov. 4

8 Likes

Thanks for accidentally showing us. Looks nice. Those girls are some vertical growers. Im still learning when it comes to plant training. Lst and super cropping with some fimming and topping. But they seem to enjoy mild abuse. Your stalks are looking phat!

Lol of course I thought you had some novel idea I hadn’t read about yet. I really need to run 3 of the same plants at the same time so I caaan work on sog or scrog I just can’t keep my tents empty long enough for it. Lol I have 3 plants going now with 2 wks between 2 and the third has been in flower over 6 wks just growing like it was lots of pistils but alas no stacking buds but hey what van you do. Oh ya and the 3 samsquanch og autos as well

4 Likes

I surely need to put some caging around it. Was going to catch a bunch of fish to bury as natural nitrogen. Gotta keep bears and racoons from getting it. But I will stay away from products you said. If anything may use a little earth dust .

Hydro is nice grows great beautiful plants but requires too much stuff to get started. Chillers and all. Have u tried coco it basically hydro with a medium and u have to water unless u have rings and pumps. I’ve tried rings and pumps but feel hand watering covers snore of the medium getting all wet where as a ring focuses more on one circle area of the plant and hope it all spreads good enough to not have dry spots inside football

There’s no denying the results with hydro. I just can’t bring myself to get into it. My wife’s already less than pleased with my stinky operation. And yes, I have a big exhaust fan with a carbon filter, and the carbon hose, but I swear my favorite part is the stink they let off when they grow. Touches my erogenous zones.

3 Likes

Anything that comes from the sea or is highly aquatic will attract critters from miles around. I’ve had entire plants dug up (during veg) and all the dirt in the rootball consumed. Believe it or not, I was able to save most of those plants.

Yeah that’s what turns me off about hydro. Once it’s up and running properly, it usually goes well without much tinkering. I have way too much Murphy’s Law going for me to try it. Plus I feel soil reefer has the deeper, more rich, flavor profile.

1 Like

I’ve done Mother Earth coco and Fox Farm Ocean Forest. Both were great, but too much work for me, plus my work schedule. After the suggestion came down to me to try Hydro, I’m stress-free and the plants grow at a ridiculous rate. I know the one thing that I have to pay strict attention to, is an imbalance of any kind is quickly noticed within 3 to 4 hours, not much room for error.

1 Like

Soil grow and hydro grows will never compare. Hydro will always be a more cleaner tasting smoke prolly smoother and all I’d like to do some aeroponics myself but just cost wise to get a nice setup is stupid ridiculous

1 Like