ZenMaries 1st grow round

I was fine in NYC - I cold ferret out what they were saying pretty easily.
In Boston there were times a translator was needed!
Boston is a world unto itself! With just a little bleed over from the surrounding areas.
Cool town though way to “cool” in the winter for me!
Give it a few years though. It’ll be like Georgia in about 20-30 years!

2 Likes

Ran into a problem y’all… I need to transplant using ffof, but I do not have the right perlite. I do however have vermiculite, which I know will retain more moisture. I have perlite but it’s miracle gro and I dont want to use it for anything I am putting into or into my body.

Soooo, should I just use vermiculite, use the soil without vermiculite or perlite, or wait a few more days for my perlite to arrive to transplant???

1 Like

I’d either wait, or use the MG perlite. It is very mildly fertilized.

2 Likes

Maybe rinse it good with some clean water beforehand to try to wash some of the stuff out of it?
I used MG perlite from Lowes on my grow outdoors last year with no issues, but it was a pretty large pot but I did use like 2 bags in each pot too…

1 Like

I think I am gonna go ahead and use it since y’all don’t seem as worried about it as I am. :joy: one time shouldn’t hurt and I really need to use this stuf up anyways. I am totally going to try to rinse it well tho. I’ll order the good stuff today for the next grow.

Thank y’all SO much for the quick response. Love this forum.

3 Likes

Your girls are looking good

3 Likes

Thanks!

Is it your birthday?!!! Just in case it is, HAPPY BIRTHDAYYY!!!

1 Like

She’s in y’all! Added her to some more ffof mixed with perlite and a bit of vermiculite. I used mykos in the transplant hole.

We ready. :sunglasses::potted_plant::rocket:

1 Like

I grew up with pop. I was back home years a go and the aisle in the grocery store said pop!

1 Like

I say coke. It’s all Coke. Go to the 0:38 mark. :joy::v:

2 Likes

Yeah - I know what soda pop is.
It wasn’t a literal question so much as a “WTF is up with these people” question.
I’m from Virginia, but I’m edumocated!

:laughing:

• Yes - that is spelled incorrectly…

I got more crap from people outside NYC area for y’all. In Cali it’s definitely you guys. I would work in SoCa many months every year & would bring some words home. They also don’t call the interstates that. It’s the freeway, or ‘the’ 10 or ‘the’ 5 in reference to interstate numbers. I absolutely positively detest driving in SoCa. To see 14 lanes of interstate be a parking lot gives me anxiety. When I worked Downtown LA on Sunset Blvd, my 13 miles commute was an hour-no interstate just Sunset! I take the bus. I can sit for that same hour & close my eyes. They do NOT know how to drive if it rains. I got stuck on interstate one evening going to work when a few raindrops fell, traffic came to a slow roll. I called work & the manager said “it must’ve started to rain”. Rude drivers. I do everything possible to not drive there. I’ve never driven in NYC. I totally believe in public transportation there. I walked or took subways/bus or occasionally someone else drove. The one place I drove where it had the most friendly people & never sat in traffic was Alaska. My favorite state I’ve lived in!!

1 Like

Down here it’s a Coke. That confused New Yorkers I worked with there. Another southern friend was working with me & I told her I was going to get a Coke, did she want one. She said yes so I asked what flavor & she said Diet Coke. So we may say we need a Coke but order a Dr Pepper. :rofl: It’s never soda nor pop! You’ll get strange looks for that. I said you guys after being in SoCa for awhile & was asked where I picked up that language from. I didn’t travel for the money. I traveled to places where sometimes I made less than avg pay but I went for all that culture. Esp Alaska, Hawaii & the Virgin Islands bc so much is different in those places. I lived, worked & ate where locals did so I could always be immersed into their way of living.

3 Likes

You’re right about that! I was excited to work in Boston area…for about an hour. The accent intrigued me. After listening to it that long, I was ready to go :rofl: By the time I left, I was really not liking it anymore. The heat will be bad everywhere. When NYC starts worrying about hurricanes, it’s not good.

It was pop where I grew up as well. But as @Tylersays says (is that redundant?) I’m in Virginia now, and it is soda.

3 Likes

That’s hilarious. :rofl:

2 Likes

It was my birthday and thank you. Drank to much that i wasnt capable 2 fully operate yesterday

3 Likes

Lol! Been there too many times. Thats the main reason I don’t hardly drink anymore. Those hangovers are killer. Well I hope it was a great Bday and that you are feeling more normal today!

I have a question about nutrients (jacks 321).

Since I just transplanted into a big pot of FFOF, does that mean I shouldn’t add any nutes for another 3-4 weeks?

I don’t use Jacks, but I do use FFOF, and yes, it should provide at least 3 weeks of nutrients.

1 Like