Your First Grow/Harvest

I got this covered my friend.

Here ya this should do the trick

Strains For Wounds, Muscle, and Back

Cramps, spasms, pulled tendons, and slipped disks in your back are types of musculoskeletal injuries. Marijuana eases muscle, joint, and injury-related pain. There are many strains that can help ease the inflammatory pain associated with musculoskeletal issues.

We also encourage you to give cannabis topicals a try. A topical is an infused cream, lotion, or salve that you apply directly to the skin. The activated compounds in this marijuana cream will relieve pain, inflammation, and muscle tightness in a localized area.

Afghan Kush

If you’re looking for a powerful general pain reliever, Afghan Kush just might be the strain for you. Nearly 100% indica, this strain is native to the Kush Mountain Region in the Middle East. Featuring a strong, pungent aroma, even the vapor of this flower will keep you locked on the couch.

Because this strain is a potent indica, the effects will be felt mostly in the body. In fact, this is what makes it so great for those seeking pain-relief. Not only is this little lady loaded with pain-fighting THC, but it’s also
chock full
of analgesic and anti-inflammatory terpenes. Particularly terpenes Humulene and Caryophyllene.

Their names may be hard to pronounce, but these potent flavors are the culprits behind the pungent and spicy hop aroma of Afghan Kush.

Caryophyllene has also shown anti-cancer effects. This may make strains like Afghan Kush a good choice for patients hoping to manage cancer pain. Other strains high in caryophyllene include Hash Plant, Maui Waui, and Super Sour Diesel.

White Widow

A true White Widow is a 50/50 cross between a pure sativa and a pure indica. The result is an extremely well-balanced and potent hybrid. Inheriting the best from both sides, this strain creates an uplifting and euphoric buzz while still easing away pain.

Unlike Afghan Kush we’ve featured so far, White Widow’s powerful unique high comes from several calming aroma molecules. Specifically, Linalool. Linalool is the terpene that gives lavender it’s famous therapeutic scent. It also happens to be a powerful
pain reliever and anti-inflammatory.

But, we won’t just let the science speak for itself. Here’s what people had to say about it on Leafly, the World’s Largest Strain Finder:

“This is definitely as the other reviews have said. A very gentle but euphoric high. I am really looking for pain relief and it does work pretty well for me on that score. It is very relaxing. I find it a bit hard to think logically when using it so I would likely keep this for special times where I want to be awake and happy but nothing important needs to happen. It does give me terrible dry mouth”

“Incredible. If you want to get high, fight pain, or take a nap it’s the perfect strain. Definitely a perfect hybrid mix. Dense nugs. One I’m keeping in my medical rotation.”

“Definite Class A strain. Bright green, orange bristles are distinct. Euphoria and Energy are the main affects I experienced. I have a migraine disorder and this weed is perfect for relieving pain and getting your spirits up.”

Additional Strains for Wounds Muscle and Back Pain:

Juicy Fruit
Platinum OG
Green Crack
Blue Dream

Additional Strains That May Help
Jack Herer

Named for the famous activist and author, Jack Herer is a sativa-dominant hybrid truly deserving of the title. A favorite seemingly all around the world, this happy flower has uplifting and energizing effects. While indicas are typically the weed species of choice for chronic pain, this strain has a few pain-fighting tricks up its sleeve.

A well-grown Jack H. is full of natural painkillers. THC is just one of the analgesics in this strain. The others? You guessed it. Terpenoid nutrients.

One of the primary terpenes in Jack Herer is Pinine. Pinine is responsible for this strain’s woody, Pine-Sol taste. In
recent studies
, pinene has been proven to have antitumor effects. In fact, a
2013 study
showed that pinine was effective in preventing cancer cell proliferation in the brain.

When grown hydroponically, this strain has shown soaring levels of other neuroprotective terpenes as well. These flavor compounds help reduce stress and tissue inflammation. When you smoke or eat some Jack Herer, you’re consuming these medicinal terpenes along with it. These powerful nutrients help keep your brain healthy and ease pain.

Neuropathic Pain:

The strains listed above are only a few of the marijuana types that may relieve nerve pain. Make sure to take a look at these as well:

Blueberry
Obama Kush
Sour Grape
Lemon Thai
One-to-One
Sour Haze

Strains That Will Help You Sleep

Whether it’s from a bad headache or a muscle cramp, sleeping through the night can be nearly impossible when you’re in pain. Here are a few heavy indicas that are sure to knock you out:

Granddaddy Purple
Hindu Kush
LA Confidential
Critical Mass
Bubba Kush

4 Likes

There you go @MutilatedMoth that’s a good list of ones to start with. Thanks @garrigan62

Of those I haven’t had the Afghan kush need to put that on my list. The Maui Waui was fantastic tasting and great feeling. ILGM white widow is considerably better than other breeders white widow in my experience. And a very nice mellow high that keeps pain down but I’m still functional. Blueberry is another I’ve had and again really liked it. Also not on that list but probably should be is Girl Scout Cookies Extreme from ILGM. Great taste and worked very well at dulling the pain.

There’s a lot more science to how it works which @garrigan62 got into with the terpenes. That’s something I’m trying to get more scientific in my search for the perfect strain by using the terpene profiles of strains. Using that method hopefully can help people narrow down strains that they need a little faster.

2 Likes

46faff1da1a702108174466164bb1a72c98bbb09
fa32aea18940a38cc569734ab6ecc9b58c0fc566
0959f29949ae59168a635b39be8ec07fe9d0efd0

3 Likes

I will update my file with the last post and if you come up with more info PLEASE LET ME KNOW OK
And thank you @DoobieNoobie

1 Like

Will do buddy. I’ve been collecting them up from all over. And I’ve started writing in a strain journal to keep track of what worked and how it felt.

1 Like

And as i do i will share any and all my findings with you

2 Likes

Thanks @garrigan62 I can vouch for Afghani!

Love it:

3 Likes

5 Likes

I neeeeeeeeed iiiiiiiiiit. :heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes:

2 Likes

@Reign_man