Youngster's First grow

@thedeernad can you explain the benefits of the different types of plant training… you use mainlining and I believe it creates a higher quality yield due balance overall LST AND FIMed increases quantity of yield due to evening out the canopy and creating new bud sites? Am I wrong in my thinking?

I even put a few drops off clones seedling solution the tails on these last two ww that I did it with exploded

2 Likes

Are they autos or photos

They are Photos

1 Like

Photos you can start topping if you want usually wait til about five nodes or so same thing with lST training I did both on my photos and had about 28 main colas on them just harvested no popcorn at all. I like a nice lST I let my first bucket go all natural best bud I had but a lot of larf my blueberry now I’m gonna lST the hell out of it and defoliate always of leaves when blocking the bud sites

1 Like

What strain did you grow?

Those were goldleafs but in soil I’m transitioning away from soil hydro the way to go I enjoy doing autos too but photos definitely tolerate more

2 Likes

And when they’re begging I usually ph a little higher so it gets more nitrogen like 6.2 and drop it down as it gets bigger unless you see it’s running into an issue

1 Like

I’ll get there eventually… I just wish I would have done even more research before I started buying stuff… I honestly could have had an amazing setup if I would have just been patient

4 Likes

Should I be worried about my plants not being dark green?

Those pics look good what’s your ph at and what nutes you using and believe me you can always add on but stuff little by little eventually it will be in every room and closet of your house trust it’s addicting

1 Like

5.5 ph and went with jacks 321 nutes

75 rh 2 fans 74 degrees F

2 Likes

1 Like

those look green enough to me. not sure but i think the young plants leaves are lighter than when they get 6 or 7 nodes on them and get older

Thanks for the eye…that makes me feel better I dont know exactly what I’m looking for… I honestly thought they should be like deep forest green. That makes me feel better.

Personally I’d bump up the ph a little jacks has been great that’s what my blueberry is in now. A little higher ph now it will be able to absorb more nitrogen which it needs in veg

1 Like

Shoot for 5.8?

You can even go 6.0 for now hydro you don’t want to get out of 5.5 to 6.5 but the N gets absorbed a little higher like 6.2 I’ll find the ph chart I use and post it it helps

2 Likes