You think deficiency?

Hey everyone,

One of my girls is having some trouble. Trying to pinpoint it. I was thinking it might be a manganese issue. I’d love to hear everyone’s thoughts.

1 Like

COPY/PASTE the below list into your forum post.

Answer these simple questions the best you can.
If you do not know, or do not use something; Just say so; Or post
NA (non applicable)

• What strain, Seed bank, or bag seed
  • Method: Soil w/salt, Organic soil, Hydroponics, Aquaponics, KNF
  • Vessels: Pots, Grow beds, Buckets, Troths
  • PH of Water, Solution, runoff (if Applicable)
  • PPM/TDS or EC of nutrient solution if applicable
  • Indoor or Outdoor
  • Light system
  • Temps; Day, Night
  • Humidity; Day, Night
  • Ventilation system; Yes, No, Size
  • AC, Humidifier, De-humidifier,
  • Co2; Yes, No

Always try to upload a clear picture of any issues you may have to allow the community to assist you.

Add anything else you feel would help us give you a most informed answer should be included. Feel free to elaborate, but short and to the point questions and facts will help us help you in a more efficient manner :slight_smile:

Thanks!

How about a couple of additional pictures showing the overall plant and a closeup of a leaf with issues.

5 Likes

I’m addition to the support ticket, which is extremely helpful, I would say yes probably a mag issue but could be based on low ph if you are dosing with cal mag or something similar. Make sure pest aren’t an issue

• GDP ILGM
  • Method: SoiL Ocean Forest
  • Vessels: 3 gal cloth
  • PH of Water is usually 5.5 - 6 RO. Haven’t tested run off yet
  • I feed Sensi Grow 3-0-0 and 1-2-6 once per week at 15ml per gallon
  • Indoor tent
  • Light system - Agrobrite 8 bulb t5
  • Temps; mid 70s, high 60s
  • Humidity; 55 - 60, night - high 60s low 70s
  • Ventilation system; 6" hurricane inline fan.
  • Humidifier and dehumidifier
  • Co2 no

I also have 3 other GDP in the same tent with no issues.

1 Like

Looks like a touch of nute burn. I’m in hydro. I don’t know about the medium you’re using, but if it’s considered soil, I believe your ph is a little low. What do you think @PurpNGold74

2 Likes

Thanks for the poke @Grandaddy013.

Hey @Greenjeans76 i see no mention of calmag supplement. Looks more like a cal deficiency. I see the nute burn hints too GD but that maybe old damage. Id up that pH a tad as well. It can be locked out at that low. Beautiful ladies btw. And happy growing.

Also not judging, but you’re gonna need 2 things. More intensity to flower (no idea how strong ur bulbs are tho. 8 bulb fixture :flushed:) and bigger pots. When u flip to 12/12 they will double in size on u

2 Likes

Thanks everyone for the replies.

Most new fan leaves end up with those markings. Feeding the same as all the other girls. This girl is way bushier than the others. Maybe I’ll try backing down to 10ml for this girl.

@PurpNGold74 I have a separate tent for flowering with a 600w bulb. My last grow I flowered in 3gal. I am going to transplant to 5gal either a week before i flower or when i put then into flower.

1 Like

Using calmag?

@PurpNGold74 No. All I add are sensi grow two part base

Gotta erase that link. Not allowed sorry. And thats probably the issue. Around week 3-4 veg i begin supplementing calmag. See what AN offers

1 Like

Thinking your pH might be out of whack. Do a slurry test or test the run-off, then let us know your pH, before we do any kind of diagnosing.

4 Likes

Link is gone @PurpNGold74

You guys suggest 6.5 ph and flush, then start feeding once my medium is dry?

1 Like

Flushed and tested soil at 6.2.

3 Likes

Dammit! Betty’s right again… ph lockout. Get that up to 6.4-6.8

1 Like

Are you talking about Advanced Nutrients? The original Sensi Grows don’t have calmag in them. the new ones (may be for coco only) DO have it. edit… i see above you are using that part A and B. folks hate this but you shouldn’t have to PH anything and your ppms and ph readings may be out of whack because of the buffers they use.

but… first question is which Sensi are using. you may need to supplement cal mag (and you would have to PH that feeding). if you’re using the one with the yellow label, it has calmag in it.

I also fed at only 75%. but i wasn’t in soil so my recs may or may not be valid.

2 Likes

That is not an accurate testing device. Also, I guess I should have explained what I meant by test your run-off/soil. Totally my fault for not elaborating.

Is that the only pH meter you have? How have you been testing your input?

Ok, still, it’s a start. Kinda. Your pH could be low, very low, or just barely in range, depending on how accurate that gadget is. So, I’m of the mind that you have a pH lockout. Can’t say how bad it is w/o an accurate reading.

With wonky pH, anything else you do will be a Sisyphean effort. So, let’s get that pH properly checked and in range.

Slurry Test

1. Carefully scoop out about 2-4 tbsp of soil, a few inches down and close to the roots, but w/o disturbing them.

2. Place in a glass jar and add ¼ cup RO or distilled water, close the jar, and shake it.

3. Place jar in a dark place, at room temp, for at least 30 minutes, but preferably 12+ hours, shaking occasionally.

4. Measure the pH of the water. You can strain the water first, if you want.

The result will be a fairly accurate account of your root zone’s pH.

3 Likes

@Agrestic Yes I am using the Advanced Nutrients and using parts A and B which is supposed to, as you said, keep my ph in check. How long before I could get an accurate reading from the soil?

are you using the bottle with the yellow label (or is it the one with a brownish label)? let’s make sure you’re using the right formula. take a pic of it maybe with the ingredient label.

overall they do look good though. so here’s another caveat with AN. i see your plants are elevated which is great, but make sure you’re feeding to 20% runoff. i’m just looking at your little dishes under there and wondering if they’re big enough to catch that kind of volume. i ran into trouble if i let the plants dry out too much or didn’t run off enough- the salt will build up and cause issues.

1 Like

If I understand his answer; he’s watering with R/O. As to nutrient frequency, STOP!!! You are in FFOF which will take you well into flower. Possible PH lockout but could be way high TDS now.

How much are you feeding? How often? Do you know the ppm number of your feeding?

3 Likes

he said 15m/gallon once a week.

how often does soil need to be watered? any extra watering WOULD need to be PHd i think.

i’m a little bit of a loss with AN in soil. i would think these salt based nutes would kill off everything in the dirt.

i also went around and around with AN on ppm readings and they replied that they are not a valid indicator of anything because of the buffers and other things they use in the formulas.

ya know i should probably step off. i’m out of my depth in soil here. AN in coco… i got that.

3 Likes