Yoshi led light questions

I’m might bend and order a couple of them HLG drivers , @dbrn32 will this be a costly expense first , I don’t need another 50 gadgets to make one right , I hear enough already from the misses , about more money , more time shiet , If it’s a day or two and a few gizmos to put it together , I’m considering , or just buy a complete unit .

3 Likes

Now the light spectrum is mostly white and red on those HLG panels are they have UV diodes on them as well ?

1 Like

They are mostly white with a few rows of red. They don’t have IR or UV, unless you add the 30w UVA bar, which is NICE! I want to add a second, but went with far red lights this time instead.

4 Likes

Okay @Waz_Wolf ,
You can buy the panels separately in a custom size or a standard size ?
The drivers too can be bought separately for more wattage on the boards for more Lux Par based on the drivers and not the Led panel , Okay I need to ask some questions on how to get the boards , drivers , where you buy them , and how you sodder them together to work , look like you just zipped tied the boards together and the drivers and plug it up and you got Light !

2 Likes

@Waz_Wolf , if I can order 6 boards and how many drivers I will need to power 4 boards ?
My plans is to design the boards to box in my HPS fixture so it’s directly in the middle right and the 4 quantum HLG boards will go on each side to box in the whole tent :tent:, plug :electric_plug:and let my little lights shine ! I know for a fact and I’m sure I can get 5 pounds out a 4x4 in one grow with 5 plants total in my new soil box prototype !
I get anxious just thinking about it what those results would be for a small tent grow box !

2 Likes

@dbrn32 needs to verify. But you can have one driver run all 4 boards, just need more wattage.

I use a 120 for a single board, but 250 for 2, etc.

2 Likes

A 480 at same current would do you right I’m pretty sure… I think but I the older style hlg 600 v2 rspec… which is same boards as @Waz_Wolf … and confirms my assumption because my hlg 600 uses a hlg600 54A more wattage same voltage same boards 288 rspecs then can be ran higher then your 120 54 a runs them… mine pulls about 620 watts pegged… that’s 4 boards…your double is only ran at 120 watts… veryefficently but now as much light over all…but per watt your killin me…but I wasent trying to save energy I want max light no matter the cost… your running 1/5 of the energy but In sure you have more then 1/5 of the light which is where the benifit plays in running lower current @dbrn32 is this true?

2 Likes

I might can fit 6 boards total , I’ll have to take some measurements , But if I can used to big drivers to run all 6 boards for efficient consistent power , it’s just to help fill out the very ends of the screen ,

1 Like

6 boards is same as a scorpion and uses a hlg 600 54a I’m pretty sure… its same as hlg 600 driver (older model that I remever I think there on invetrinics drivers now) but it was same driver nonetheless less and just 6 boards over 4… which is a light good for getting it very close to plant tops with no I’ll effects… yours is better because you can go up and down at 6 different points… kinda a PITA… but for the organized and tidy it would be good. But also 6 separate heat sources 6 different drivers… might be benificial to wire them all to a big driver and externally mount it and you will have very easy climate controll…
It would be cool and nice looking to install 6 individual crank pulleys on the wall you can raise and lower each fixture individually but all on pully system and independently controllable

1 Like

I need my ah Lil professional help here , I think it’s about 37 inches on each side if I put the HPS dead center. 2 boards on each side and one on the back and front and I think that my friends will definitely be the Cream of Crop !

1 Like

@fano_man @Waz_Wolf we are talking about 288 boards? Hlg-600h-54 can run as many boards as you want wired in parallel. 4, 6, 8, or even 16 if that is what you wanted. It will just keep dividing current out. Hlg-480h-c2100 will run four 288 boards wired in series. That satisfy driver configuration questions?

Not exactly sure on math, but in principle that is true. Thumb eyeball method is roughly 10% increase in efficacy every time current is cut in half. Assuming everything else is same. Cooler junction temps can get you increase in efficacy as well. 2100ma isn’t the same at tj 85c as it is at tj 25c

6 Likes

Thanks for jumping in @dbrn32!

I’m still a novice, and know absolutely nothing about HID,CMH,etc. I benefited from jumping into the game recently, where leds are well developed and the online community is knowledgeable! :heart_eyes:

I’ll post up some new setup pics soon. I have one of the RapidLed 730nm pucks tied to 1-qb288 where I transition plants to flower (aka house mechanical room.) I added 3-HLG far red bulbs on flexible clip lights in my flower room. I have one beside each 650r, and 1- next to the qb288 in the dogleg corner.

I do believe it’s made a difference, and I’m hoping to run another wedding cake clone start-to-finish flowering with it to be sure.

1 Like

If you ordered kit from hlg you should be able to assemble with screwdriver and wire strippers. Maybe a small wrench or adjustable too, been a while since I did one. I am building light from scratch right now, add a hacksaw and you could probably do that.

7 Likes

@dbrn32 , can you give me a specific driver to purchase and I’m thinking they Led boards are pretty much all the same right , the driver is where most of the difference in order comes in at right ? Which drivers I’ll need , the website to order , and if the panels are different , if you can do that for me Sir , It’s a blessing with you’re name it :wink:, Thank you So much , Being I will not know much about types of drivers or panels , I can explain what I’m trying to accomplish here , but as for as specs , I have no recollection of what to buy are what to even ask for in the matter !

They’re not, even a small difference in one board to another can require difference driver. If you know exactly how many of which board I should be able to rind you driver though.

4 Likes

I like power :battery:, the stronger the better for me , I do all 3 methods , permit for outdoors on a farm , fully functional grow lab with the highest of bells and whistles , and my first 20 ft connex I converted years ago for a mobile type unit , plus I started my own Lil pheno tent , I want good power :battery:.

5 Likes

4 288 boards are maxed out with a hlg 600 54b.

At center par map they hit 1525 ppf around outline of fixture… with overlap you get pretty good 800+ throughout with good penetration due to the clustering of the boards… apposed to a scorpion splitting the power more and spreading the boards so you can get closer for height restrictions… but I was in 14 ft ceiling and didnt need to get these any closet then 24 inches which was fine with out supplemented co2…

5 Likes

If they are from hlg. A lot of the knock off boards are 48v

2 Likes

Will the knock offs work on same driver? Or will it over power them

1 Like

It will work, as output voltage is adjustable. However hlg-600h-48 has more output current than 54v model. So again, depends on voltage and current ratings of the actual board being used

3 Likes