Yippy, Horray, The girls are harvested! BUT

I don’t have a good enough ventilation inside to cure the plants. 5 White Widow CBD. So i got a huge cardboard box and put visqueen over it and hung them upside down inside the box outside. Is this going to be a problem? I could hang them upside down in the garage but that’s not as inconspicuous. Your thoughts.

What are your temps and humidity… ?
Not sure I would put plastic over the box , it will cause condensation big time and pm will follow quickly behind…
Do you have vents cut into the box near the top…?
:v::sunglasses:

1 Like

No vents. If I put a vent in the top, rain will get in, and light. The bottom is kinda vented, it’s on a deck. Is it imperative that they are kept in the dark?

Yes you want them in the dark…
Why aren’t they in the house or the garage…
If its raining outside and that’s where they are at , your just asking for mold…
Put them inside with 60 to 70 degrees Fahrenheit temperatures and a 50 % to 60% humidity… :+1::wink:
@retirementJOB

2 Likes

I don’t have an air scrubber. The other day a freind came over. Walked in the house and said “omg your place smells like pot I smelled it outside walking up” I only had one in the house. Now sure, she’s pregnant and could smell a buzzard on a shit wagon a mile away, but 5 in the house would be a bit much. How can I cure outside? Is a filter the only way to go indoors?

1 Like

Lol…:grin::joy::rofl::smile::joy:
Yes its definitely going to smell…
At least for 3 to 5 weeks…
But I would not throw away all of my hard work over some visitors…
Don’t let anyone come over for the next 5 weeks and dry and cure in your bathroom…
Only advice I can give you…
Outside is really not an option…
It’s too hard to control…
Back in the day when I was cutting down 1000 to 2000 plants that were 5 to 9 pounds , we would hang and dry in huge barn’s…
Lots of work and extremely hard to maintain…
Lost pounds and pounds to bud rot…
Your little card board box will be no different to maintain when outside. …:+1::wink:

Thanks for your input. Keeping people away for 5 weeks might not be possible. My wife invites the minister and his wife for brunch on sundays. I play poker with the boys on tuesdays. The in laws come over for diner on Friday’s. Every other Thursday we have trivia night. Once a month we have over friends for bbq. Why in the hell do I grow pot? I can’t drink that much alcohol. I’ve tried! ( may have made up a few things but you get the idea. :joy:

1 Like

Did you use black visqueen on your boxes? If yes they will turn in to small ovens on hot days with direct sun light hitting them. Something to think about.

This seems like a long time to hang dry. Mine hang in my drying cabinet for 7 to 10 days at 65-75 deg and 50 -60 rh, then cure in jars for 6 to 8 weeks. 3 to 5 weeks is 21 to 35 days that is a long time to hang and dry. My longest hang was 14 days.

1 Like

I definitely don’t have a cool dark place my house is an oven. Looks like I might be hanging them in the basement. 🤷

I tend to selective harvest , that takes about a week to two weeks just in its self , so I end up with plants hanging at different times for about 3 weeks , but my house and everything in it will usually smell for about 5 weeks…:+1::grin:
And about a week and a half after that I’m starting the hole process over again… :wink::+1:
Let’s just say that it’s my houses perfume… :rofl::grin::joy::smile::smiley:

2 Likes