Yikes ! Are these bugs?

You should remember this @rjw71
Tabacco Juice recipe

Take 3 strong ciggeretes soak them over night in water add hot hilli. powder the hotter the better.
Boil it for 2 to 3 miniutes, let it cool off and spray the plants 3 to 4 times a week. You can add safer soap if you like to the mixture.
(make absolutly sure you use gloves/face protection while handling and spraying)
Neem oil works very well too!!

Will

4 Likes

. I made some cardboard cutout to fit perfectly in the top of the pot just held them while I tipped the container upside down and repeatedly dipped the entire plant . Then set the timers to be off between 1 and 5 pm. That is the hottest time of day so it works out.

1 Like

When they were submerged I noticed an air pocket under the leaves . Is that keeping the solution from making contact with the leaf ? I tried lightly rubbing a spot and it made no difference. The leaf in those areas close to the center vein under the leaf still had a blanket of air maybe reaching 1/3 of the way to outer edge of the leaf.

other reason is water magnifies light and can burn leaves as well it lets soap water solution dry slow drowning the bugs also plants respire more in light so the soapy mix gets sucked into the stomata

Gotcha yea I didnā€™t think about that I knew that but didnā€™t come right to mind, Iā€™m happy your here as well lol

. ā€¦ Hoorah! The little bastards are gone. :sweat_smile:

In thirty six ours they did a bunch of chewing. Some spots went right through.

The vermin are gone for now. I have a pic at the bottom of this string. . Should I use this stuff now ? Well next watering.

make sure to follow up as directed eggs arenā€™t as easily killed and it only takes a few to survive and mess with your day trust me as I said battling with mites for several months now just sprayed plants again today with soap to knock the little bastards numbers back down the only way I can get them all now is complete sanitation kill everything and start fresh. bug bomb room scrub everything etc. all I can hope to do is keep their numbers down and finish grow just ground up a pound of of buggy bud and trim for oil.

I mixed up one gallon of bug blaster poured it into a one gallon ice cream bucket. After dipping the plants in it I put the cover on it and put it in a cooler dark spot. Can I did them again in the same solution ?

Donaldj, thank you for the dipping suggestion. They are the perfect size for that and it seems thorough.

I have pre mixed 15 gal tote full of insecticidal soap I dip them and reuse mixture I just leave it stored in cool dark space

Oh good, hey look what I found.

. Oh, what is that ?

I noticed little shiny spots, upon closer inspection they looked like eggs.

as I said be sure to follow up every couple days for atleast a week

10-4. Didnā€™t take long for that one to prove right. :slight_smile:

Looks like an afid. Probably a white fly.not sure.

Okā€¦@ rjw71 gave you the cure why donā€™t you use it .

If you donā€™t use it youā€™ll lose it !!

Willā€¦

1 Like

Your post was a little confusing. I used the bug blaster ounce. The black little leaf chewers are gone.Iā€™m going to use it again. But at this time Iā€™m just wondering if I should use the root protector. Iā€™ve been warned not to use too many nutes.

I had a small battle with mites. I cooked chewing tobacco down and sprayed the leaves and top layer of soil ( careful the ph is way high). The nocotine kills any mites on contact but wont penetrate the eggs thats why u spray the soil as well. I also bathed my plants a few times a week. I washed the leaves just by supporting the main stem and rinseing them with the shower head while not letting the water drain into the soil. This helped a hell of a lot and was easy and cost effective.

2 Likes