Yield up to 500 gram a plant in a 3ft Crop Box?

A question of a fellow grower:
Is it possible to yield up to 4 to 500grams a plant your first harvest growing hydroponically in a 3ft crop box depending the strain?

1 Like

Anything is possible!

1 Like

Ok thankz I planned on growing some green gelato

the old rule of thumb before LED lights hit the scene was, IN A BEST CASE SCENARIO, 1/2 a gram per watt of light using 40-50 watts per sq ft. dont know how much that has changed with non-HID lighting. of coarse that is dependant u have good control of other environment conditions.

2 Likes

I should clarify. Anything is possible includes, well, pretty much anything :wink: Ending up cursing and crying is a possibility too so due diligence is required.

Anything is possible - ‘probable’ is up to you.

2 Likes

If you geek out on led tech, high yielding strain, ideal environment 1.5+ gpw attainable.

1 Like

3’ by what? Four plants dropping 500 grams dry each is a pretty big aspiration for an indoor grow. 500 grams per plant takes a pretty damn big plant.

2 Likes

now that i think about it. maybe it was 1/2 gram per watt average, 1 gram in a best case scenario. but i guess thats out dated anyhow :confused: i still like my old fashion HIDs :slight_smile:

1 Like

Nothing wrong with hid’s, I’d say gram per watt attainable too in the right hands. Neither scenario is a given though, gotta put in the work.

1 Like

and IMO, quality always trumps quantity. a pound isnt very thrilling to me if its not something very enjoyable to smoke

1 Like

34.75’ sorry about that

So over 100 square feet?

I agree, but if you’re pulling that kind of weight you shouldn’t have a problem getting a decent run. Light recipe can play into that a little, but anything reasonable is capable of producing quality. In my opinion, nutes and environment have way more to do with quality.

1 Like

And not necessarily 500 but u kno more then 2or3 ounces per plant of green gelato it says it yields 350 to 400 grams per m2 n I didnt understand wut m2 meant so I figured per plant. You wouldn’t happend to know what they mean wen it say grams per m2 or sq m?

square meter

1 Like

Grams per square meter, like 39”x39” area. And I would warn that those breeder estimates aren’t a given either. In fact, I would say that a lot of them are inflated.

I know some very good growers that struggle to get more than 2 oz per plant on indoor grows without a lot of training. That usually comes down to experience, veg time, and methods.

2 Likes

If you let one plant veg a few weeks longer, you can easily fill one square meter (yard) with one plant.

1 Like

Im not for sure it’s a 5.0 crop box

Those are like the size of a dorm room refrigerator. You’re best bet is to try running a single plant in it until you get the hang of it. You could probably a few ounces out of it per harvest once it’s dialed in.

1 Like

Dont mean to bug you but if I wanted to create my own hydroponic system by goin wit a 18gallon plastic tub dat will hold about 5 6inch round net pots where would I order the whole hydroponic nutrients kit wit the pepples and all n about how much would it run me?