Yet another first timer! Getting ready to start

Weekly update!

It looks like i had my first casualty. The trap root had curled around the seed and i tried but as you can see, it didn’t end well

My Jack is still going strong. After flushing it a little and giving it a tea of nature’s living soil girl flower power it seems to be doing ok. I think :joy:

Lastly, the other forum stomper is doing baby things.

3 Likes

U win some u lose some but u got some nice girls going

2 Likes

Mr Jack is going to please you 4sure. :v: :sunglasses:

2 Likes

Help! Got blue dream and white widow auto in week 2 and there’s some funny business going on. Any guidance? I’m thinking either I’ve over watered (there’s a little green mold growing on top of soil), nute burn (used ocean forest fox farm haven’t added anything other than ph balanced water), or mag deficiency? Help please :thinking:trying to add photos to the forum and it won’t let me. :roll_eyes::face_with_peeking_eye:

1 Like

3 Likes

2 Likes

I am very very unqualified to help at all but I’m sure help is on the way!!!

1 Like

Welcome to the community. I think your plants look great! How often are you watering? What ph are you watering at? What type of light are you using? How close do you have your light to your plants?

What are your temps and humidity?

4 Likes

Keeping runoff ph at 6-6.5 range.
Checked ppm but it’s fox farm soil so that shit is always high. I thought nute burn and tried to flush but of course now I’m paranoid it’s overwatered lol. I got gassed last night and started to fear root rot and since I have my first ever (northern lights auto) only a week or so from harvest I dug up the ww to double check. So I’ll be germinating a new one today :roll_eyes:. But good news, it’s not root rot.
Temps stay 70-85… it’s in a shed and climate control isn’t a perfect science but there’s an a/c unit. The first few days I had in a smaller tent and there were a 1-2 days it got over 85 while I waited for the a/c unit to come in. I also upgraded last week to a 2x4 up to a 4x8. Humidity I’m keeping between 50-60. Not adding nutes since it got the fox farm.
But…. I have had that soil for a few months and I didn’t close it up well. Now I’m wondering if that’s the problem.
Here’s a pic of my first one Juno. She’s ready to harvest soon.

6 Likes

Your temps and humidity look pretty good. To me the issue you are concerned about looks like light intensity issues. The yellow spots look like you may have gotten a few drops of water on the leaves and it acts like a magnifying glass which increases the intensity in said spots. Also you have a little curl on the edges. Other than that they look fine. You should definitely consider starting some nutes. I’m sure the FF soil is almost spent. Do you know what your ppm runoff is? Generally once you get below 1000ppm on FF it’s time to start feeding.

Your other plant Juno looks great as well. With the white pistils still pretty prominent on her I’d say you still have a few good weeks to harvest.

5 Likes

Yes. Lights are right around 3 ft but I had to get creative when I germinated since my large tent wasn’t in yet and had a small light really close to one of them outside of the tent for about a week.
Also, I was out of town and the one with spots was fine until I got back. My friend who watered did admit they may have gotten some water on her leaves. So after pulling her and checking roots I believe you may be correct.
Ppm with the fox farm is still over 3000 on both run offs. So that’s why I was originally thinking nute burn. I didn’t flush as well as I should have before planting. They both popped and had long roots after only 24 hours of germ time so I wasn’t ready as fast as I should have been.

2 Likes

@Candice420 I’m a newer grower, and it looks like The_Chef has you covered, and I agree on your NL needing a few more weeks; she is looking great, though. I don’t know what the green on the soil could be. In addition to possibly some nute water splash, it kinda looks to me that the small plant could have some leaf variegation, which typically isn’t a problem. All the best and welcome to the community! :+1:

1 Like

It is just algae and it will not hurt your plant. Just cover it with a little soil and it will die… All algae needs to grow is light and water. :v: :sunglasses:

The height of the light is important, yes. But all lights are not created equal the type and model number are really important does it have a dimmer? Lights are probably the most important component to having a successful grow.

2 Likes

I have a plant with mutated leaves. She has taken all my newbie mistakes in stride without even a drooping leaf. She had them from by her 3rd set of true leaves.

2 Likes

Good evening everyone! Was just checking on my plant and noticed these. Just wanted to make sure it didn’t herm and if i need to worry or do anything.

3 Likes

Nahp. Looks like swollen calyx to me. I just plucked a few off my plants the other day during defol.
Noticed the purple stems. What strain you growing? Lol
Stems look identical to mine on my Dark devil auto.

It’s jack herer. It was a strain me and a friend that passed enjoyed. Always said if i grew this would be the first thing. He gave me his pre bust Jerome Baker bong that I’m going to use to smoke her first.

6 Likes

Really sorry about your friend brother :pray:
It’s awesome to see you fulfilling this prophecy out with the grow and the hitter. Your friend would be so happy :call_me_hand::beers:

4 Likes

Hey Kj6870 : The glass bong is the way to smoke. In my opinion the glass pipe makes the smoke harsh, I have a bong similiar to yours. Leroy

1 Like

I’m sorry for your loss. What an awesome way to honor your friend :purple_heart:

2 Likes