Yet another first timer! Getting ready to start

Thank you so much! I ordered a bottle of tds cal mag and will have it tomorrow!

2 Likes

I just realized i never bought a ppm meter. However i thought i read somewhere that an ec meter would work as well.

TDS, EC and PPM is all essentially synonymous. It measures different things but tells you the same information, which is “how much crap is in my water?”

I have a BlueLab PPM meter - it measures my PPMs in the 500 (most common here), 700 (oddball ppm measurement) and EC values. It was also a bit expensive. Cheap Amazon $15 meters do just fine.

3 Likes

This is the ec meter i bought on accident thinking it was a ph meter. :joy:

4 Likes

Excellent choice. I have the Blue lab TDS :love_you_gesture:

3 Likes

Just got home from work and things have gotten much worse. Leaves are changing color. I watered it and got a decent amount of runoff. I tested the runoff with my ec meter and attached pictures of the results. Feeling a bit discouraged atm but there is a learning curve.

2 Likes

That’s not bad at all as far as organics go. I’ll post a pic of my numbers from a couple weeks ago.
I’m hoping you checked pH because this is where I would look next. That yellow is definitely concerning but don’t get deflated. Generally this is something you can pull out of. You’re in super early flower, you have time. I’ll throw a pic below of an auto flower that’s limping to the finish line, 10 weeks of flower now. It’s the one on the right of pic not that it doesn’t stick out like a sore thumb :rofl:.This plants been completely abused,( Ignored )
They will put up with more than you think.

@Kj6879

2 Likes

Runoff had been sitting a while but it measured at 8.5

Check that again next time you water. This is more than likely your issue. 8.5 is way to high see below

2 Likes

I’m gonna get some ph down just because it’s obvious in going to need. Any recommendations on what kind?

I use whatever is cheap at the local… I don’t believe brand matters

1 Like

It’s pretty much all the same. I got a gallon of General Hydroponics pH down because it was pretty inexpensive. It holds my reservoir pretty steady, so it should work well in soil for a sustained pH lowering effect.

1 Like

Same problem here. Since measuring 8.5+, Saturday I drenched with 2 gallons 6.0/1000 and again today, Thursday. RO is decreasing but 7-8PH is obviously too high. Top dressed a month ago ((prior to flip). PH Down and another FF product. Sytill trying to reduce RO. PPMs going down, 2 weeks into flower.

1 Like

First and foremost!!! Thank you to everyone that has been helping me through everything.

Update: Watered a little heavy with water ph’d to 6.0. So far it seems to have helped. I was worried about flushing everything from the natures living soil but I’m going to make a tea with the girl power next week to make sure it’s getting everything.

I also started germinating 2 Mephisto Forum Stomper. They should be ready for soil tomorrow or Monday.

4 Likes

Here we go! 2 Mephisto Forum Stompers dropped this evening. I changed up my soils for this run. Still using natures living soil but went with Coast of Maine Stonington blend instead of Happy Frog.

2 Likes

Lets go babies

2 Likes

You’re going to be happier with your new soil choice :muscle:

1 Like

Happy Tuesday! It’s my Friday and 8 hours to buy weekend!
My jack herer seems to be recovering. I hate to be that guy but I’m trying to figure out how much longer she has, here’s a pic of the main cola and my dad attempt at a microscope picture!

1 of 2 seedlings popped today! Stupid thing has the shell stuck on the leaf but i think it will be OK.

2 Likes

Okay that guy :joy::rofl::joy::rofl::joy::rofl: j/k
you’re not even in the range you should be checking. Your dad’s a good guy but next time you look most of your pistols should be brown and receding.
Nice looking bud man :white_check_mark::green_heart::palm_tree:

4 Likes

Totally agree with BigItch… Way too early to worry watch the pistils… All orange/brown check trichomes… :v: :sunglasses:

1 Like